Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bone stock Audi RS6 vs Modded C32 AMG

Wish my car would launch like the one you had nyrs6. Did you just foot brake it to 3000+? How did you get it to stall that high without the car pushing and a stock converter?

Regards,
    Brent
    03 RS6 APR Tuned .... 12.13@115.85
    05 F250 Harley TD ..... 800+ rwtq
    99 C5 (road race/street car).... lots of mods... 460whp NA

Tip chip, this was along time ago so i could be wrong about the 3000. But it was definetly higher then stock and it would hold and not go back down.
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB

Quote Originally Posted by Audi Fever View Post
    The N75 is a good idea and cheap to replace. I'll order one tomorrow. Just using stock replacement I take it. Heard of the race N75 (ECS Tuning) and APR not working well but never tried myself. Anyone put a manual or electronic boost controller on an RS6 yet?
    Not that I know of, but you can definitely do it. The RS6 is very similar to the S4 in that it has N75 controlled boost. I'd put a MBC (standalone not parallel) in a heartbeat along with my GIAC software, but I'm real afraid of the tranny grenading.

Actually had an issue on my 00 APR stg3 S4 that would cause it to overboost and ended up using a manual boost controller run parallel to the N75 to bleed boost off. Tried running a new stock N75 that APR said was bad but didn't make a difference.
    Have heard of guys using the RS6 turbos and 28rs turbos with some firewall reliefs.
    There are a lot of guys running GT28RS and RS6 turbos now on S4s without any firewall or subframe modifications. But the "kits" are grossly overpriced (especially when you consider an S4 can easily be found for under $10K these days).

I met Mark P that has the yellow avant that makes 469awhp in Nov at VIR. Nice guy. He ran with the Audi club on Sat-Sun. I ran my Vette on Monday with Trackdaze. That is one sick wagon.
    Yeah, it's pretty quick and Mark P definitely knows his stuff. I use his templates for my APR ECU Explorer data acquisition program.

I see your screen name but not sure who you are. What all is done to your S4? Have a link to it? Just got the new issue of eurotuner that had a couple of 10sec S4's. Awesome! Keep the good info coming!
    My S4 is just your garden variety K04 car with a TON of weight reduction... It has a bone stock motor, stock heads, stock cams, stock engine management, no nitrous, etc. I've built it on a budget as an all around performance car, so that is why I haven't gone with bigger turbos yet (too much $$$ especially since then I'd have to build the motor). It's much more fun trying to go fast without spending much money.

Here's a link to a 10.73 run from over the summer: http://www.titsup-racing.com/video/s4/s4_10_73.wmv

More videos of it (and various other S4s that I've owned as well as some friend's S4s) are here:
    http://www.titsup-racing.com/video/s4/

Got the gauge and pod from Summit. Looks pretty good and really doesn't obstruct dash view. Did come with some ugly silver (bare metal) bolts that hold the gauge cup. Haven't had a chance to paint them or replace with black ones. I'll take a pic of it tomorrow and post.
    Car runs on our crappy e10 93 everyday when my fiance drives it. I usually try to run it out and put 100 in it for some weekend fun. Got a buddy with a quick Dinan S2 M5 that I need to stay ahead of. LOL

Yep, I am the owner of DTP.

Regards,
    Brent
    Very nice! Just curious, have you done any highway pulls against the M5 in your RS6? If so, how'd you do? What does the Dinan S2 package consist of?

Have you ran your RS6 on 93 octane at the dragstrip? If so, what did it turn?

Quote Originally Posted by nyrs6 View Post
    10 sec s4, did you buy that car used? If so maybe it was chipped?
    Another thing is that you will be suprised, the beast doesnt trap that high on the track, yet it can beat alot of cars that trap higher.

As far as the boost coming off at launch. If you get the OCT tranny chip it lets you launch at 3000+ and it doesn't drop boost. When we had ours, all four tires will lost grip when launched like that. I am telling you its a feeling i had never experieced before in any car including my dads faster M5. Oh boy do i really miss that 600 lbft of torque.

BTW 10 sec s4, Hyperboost DV FTW. We had them when we had our RS6 with OCT, trouble free for over 40,000 miles. http://stratmosphere.com/hyperboost5.htm
    That should clear any boost problems unless you have a hose leak or something.
    Yeah I bought it used but it definitely doesn't have a chip or flash. I've also logged the requested and actual boost and it's only pushing around 8-10psi depending on gear and load.

I'm not quite sure how a trans chip can raise the stall by 700-800 RPMs? Are you sure it was 3K and not 2K? That's really odd.

I actually already have Revo, GIAC, and OCT software for this RS6. I got awesome deals on all of them used if you can believe it. I haven't tried any of them yet. I need to first figure some stuff out with the immobilizer and also get my APR ECUx program working on the RS6.

I'll never use any aftermarket diverter valves on any Audi. I run OEM Bosch 710N DVs ($35 each) on my S4 and they're just fine all the way on up to 25psi of boost. So I have a feeling they'll be fine on the RS6 too.

I know its at least 2400 rpm I belive that the Euro versions you are able rev higher hence the times the magazines got. The US versions has a limiter so you dont launch it hard. Can anyone outside the US confirm this?
    My car:

I just found this post from years ago, dont mind me it seems like i didnt know what i was talking about .

But now that i found it, yes it for sure went up to 2500rpm and held. http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?...ht=Rev+limiter
    My car:

nyrs6 - you've not posted pics of your GTI yet! How're you liking it so far?

Very nice! Just curious, have you done any highway pulls against the M5 in your RS6? If so, how'd you do? What does the Dinan S2 package consist of?
    Thanks! Here is a link to the S2 mods: http://www.dinancars.com/Series.asp?...=15&Chassis=13
    Just a $27,461 upgrade! The 00 E39 M pulls strong though. Weighs a little over 3900 lbs. We have done some other mods on the M as well that has netted about 25 hp (pulleys, elec fan, filter mod for better flow). The M will pull about 1 1/2 cars to 150 on 93. On 100oct after adaptive has learned a little I have been as much as 3-4 cars ahead. All depends what mph we start at. The M ran a best of 12.48@111+ powershifting on 275 Nitto RII's.
    BTW, he bought the car for $34k with all the mods and 65k miles about 4 mos ago. Super clean car!

What drivetrain mods do you have done to the S4? I just told my friend that bought my S4 what yours ran. That thing is sick!! Amazing it's going that fast on stock K04's! Weight reduction can do wonders though.
    What MBC would you recommend for my TT? Running a cheapo air compressor regulator now with about 28-29 psi. Just put it on today. Was running about 26 psi and would spike a little higher and the N75 would dump boost to 21-22 and bring back to 25-26. Boost response is slower now though but pulls hard up top. Thinking about going with the Profec Spec B for ease of adjustability inside the car

I'll never use any aftermarket diverter valves on any Audi. I run OEM Bosch 710N DVs ($35 each) on my S4 and they're just fine all the way on up to 25psi of boost. So I have a feeling they'll be fine on the RS6 too.
    Yep, no problems with the 710N's!

I actually already have Revo, GIAC, and OCT software for this RS6. I got awesome deals on all of them used if you can believe it. I haven't tried any of them yet. I need to first figure some stuff out with the immobilizer and also get my APR ECUx program working on the RS6
    Keep us posted on this. Would love to see the results. I know you'll try them all.
    Last edited by Audi Fever; January 7th, 2008 at 00:44.
    03 RS6 APR Tuned .... 12.13@115.85
    05 F250 Harley TD ..... 800+ rwtq
    99 C5 (road race/street car).... lots of mods... 460whp NA