Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bone stock Audi RS6 vs Modded C32 AMG

Bone stock Audi RS6 vs Modded C32 AMG

Video: Video: Bone stock Audi RS6 vs Modded C32 AMG

It's pretty cool how fast a bone stock 4,200lb AWD sedan can be with only 8psi of boost.

ECM and TCM software should be done this week and then it's time for some E55 AMG hunting.

Is that your video?

IMAO, I would think the RS6 would whip a C32 any day, modded or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Is that your video?

IMAO, I would think the RS6 would whip a C32 any day, modded or not.
    Yep, my RS6 and my video.

You should do some research into the C32. With 3-4 bolt ons, they're running low to mid 12's and trapping in the 110-114 range. So I'm pretty happy that I beat one considering my RS6 is bone stock.

http://www.dragtimes.com/results.php...arch+DragTimes

If I remember correctly, the C32 is a V8 compressor with 396hp or so?!

I am not really up on the Merc nor the mods so i guess I was writing out of the place from where I sit?

Keep us posted on the E55 hunting....

If you were playing around with the new generation C32 then ya, but I agree with Ben916, nice that you beat it but not surprising...

The C32 is a pretty quick car, much quciker than most people realise.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    If I remember correctly, the C32 is a V8 compressor with 396hp or so?!

I am not really up on the Merc nor the mods so i guess I was writing out of the place from where I sit?

Keep us posted on the E55 hunting....
    V6 Kompresor not V8!!!
    E55 is another story...beware.

Regards,
    Manuel

I was actually thinking about getting an E55. Those cars are nasty! 469hp/516tq stock. Stock E55's seem to run mid to low 12's or better! Just believe the Audi is a better all around car. Always loved this classic Top Gear video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnYD5eASPPI

Brent
    03 RS6 APR Tuned .... 12.13@115.85
    05 F250 Harley TD ..... 800+ rwtq
    99 C5 (road race/street car).... lots of mods... 460whp NA

just drive an e55 in the wet and see how much time you spend with more than 100bhp going through the rear wheels!
    dave
    '03 rs6
    '04 allroad tdi

Drove the E55 back to back with the RS6 (stock for stock) many times. IMHO, RS6 brakes better, handles better, similar accelleration, but the RS6 felt stronger above 100mph. Visually, I like the the E55 better, but my money went to the RS6. No regrets here.

Beware though, that AMG 5speed gearbox can handle a lot more aftermarket power than our gearbox ever will. A simple "ecu/pulley/header" package will easily net an additional 100+hp on those bad boys.

They still use the 5 speed in the twin turbo v12 "65" versions.

Good info. Yeah, never driven the E55. Just going by times and hp. I'm all about my RS6

Brent

There is also a weight difference between the 2 cars, the E55 is lighter. The only problems that I encountered with the one I had was that the more HP...the faster it got tired (heat soak). Mine bone stock had 406RWH with the pulley, ecu, and filters 466RWH. Then a little bit of juice and 11.6 @ 119!!! But, yes the handling does not even compare to the RS6...
    Just my two cents!!!

Regards,
    Manuel

PS: 466RWH with no juice!!!

That's sick! Good info from someone that actually owned one! Got any ideas of what we can do to get these RS6's to launch any better? ECU/TCU upgrade hasn't made a difference. Thought I had read a TSB stating that whenever the brake and gas are pressed at the same time the brake will take priority and limit engine rpm. Figure these cars are making peak tq just above 1900 then they ought to rocket out of the hole. Thought about pulling some ABS or the brake pedal sensor but then realized wouldn't be able to put it in gear. LOL. I'm still thinking though. Pretty sure it has to do with Tq management.

Brent

Launching

I don't think there is any special electronic system (someone correct me if they know better) that limits RPM under braking - it's simply the torque converter stall speed. Only a true dragster has enough torque to overpower the brakes. I think you would have to replace or modify the torque converter ($$$) in order to raise it's stall speed in order to get further up into the torque band for better launches.

Maybe there is some programming way to delay the lockup mechanism to keep the rpm's at the stall speed until the wheel speed catches up to it?

Watch out for the E55's...especially from a highway roll. My friend has a bone stock '06 E55 that made 414rwhp/460rwtq and his best 1/4 time so far is 12.1's @ 118. An 11.99 or better should be possible with drag radials and a longer cool down period.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6-4dr911 View Post
    I don't think there is any special electronic system (someone correct me if they know better) that limits RPM under braking - it's simply the torque converter stall speed. Only a true dragster has enough torque to overpower the brakes. I think you would have to replace or modify the torque converter ($$$) in order to raise it's stall speed in order to get further up into the torque band for better launches.
    Correct. A higher stall speed (2800rpm to 3200rpm) would improve the launch significantly and probably allow for consistent 1.7x - 1.8x sixty foot times. An auxillary trans cooler and trans temp guage would probably be a good idea since boost launching with a higher stall converter would create a ton of extra heat.

Hey, I found this info on Alldata a few mos ago. Dated 2/27/07. Basically states that the brake in fact takes priority. Don't really know. Need to go out and mess with mine some more. Even if the converter is around 1800-2000 stall according to the tq graphs on the RS6 training manual it shouldn't be an issue because it is making 415 ft lbs from 1950-5600rpm unchipped. Don't think higher stall will solve the issue. Just my 2 cents.
    Any thoughts after reading this?

Brent
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RS6 hessitation.pdf  

Audi Fever, GREAT CATCH!!!

Anyone put a line lock so as the computer doesn't sense brake/accel pressing at the same time? (off topic?)