Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bone stock Audi RS6 vs Modded C32 AMG

I'm going to have to do some checking into the brake wiring harness and possibly putting a toggle switch so that it interupts the brake circuit on launches. We are getting off topic so we need to start another thread.

Brent
    03 RS6 APR Tuned .... 12.13@115.85
    05 F250 Harley TD ..... 800+ rwtq
    99 C5 (road race/street car).... lots of mods... 460whp NA

Banned
    wow the big bad rs6 couldnt pull the c32 in that second run a car that starts out with over 100 hp less...the second run is the one where the fuel was good too not the +10% first run. I also dont see the last run either, the one where the c32 started pulling up top...lol well see what happens with the chips you put in...sh1t

Just make a screen name to respond to this post? LOL.

That's original! You must have a really awesome car. HUH?

Banned
    lol yup its ok but that rs6 is really awsome. I would have thought much better 1/4 times though I mean you have 520hp and even more torque and couldnt break a 12.5

It's decent. Far from awesome but your response is typical. Read my last post on this thread and you might start having a clue. http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13845

Of course you never did mention what awesome car you had or are you just one of those "internet" people. LOL

You can PM me if you have anymore clever things to say.

Brent

woohoo!! Our very own troll!

A troll indeed which brings this classic to mind ...

"haha bye" won't be bothering us more so please continue ON TOPIC.

Thanks!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Audi Fever View Post
    That's sick! Good info from someone that actually owned one! Got any ideas of what we can do to get these RS6's to launch any better? ECU/TCU upgrade hasn't made a difference. Thought I had read a TSB stating that whenever the brake and gas are pressed at the same time the brake will take priority and limit engine rpm. Figure these cars are making peak tq just above 1900 then they ought to rocket out of the hole. Thought about pulling some ABS or the brake pedal sensor but then realized wouldn't be able to put it in gear. LOL. I'm still thinking though. Pretty sure it has to do with Tq management.

Brent
    Audi limits the throttle body from opening completely at low RPMs. So even if the pedal position is at 100%, the throttle body may only be opening 50%. This is indeed a form of torque management.

The other thing is boost. If you sit on the brake and gas at the same time and hold say 2,000 RPMs, the engine computer drops the boost. So instead of launching with 10psi of boost, you may only be launching with 5psi. The best way to launch this car then is to install a boost gauge and launch just as the needle approaches the maximum PSI. This will take some trial and error and practice before you can nail it every time. If you don't want to install a boost gauge, my best advice would be to powerbrake it off the line and launch just as the tach needle approaches 2K. Catch it on the upswing, but do not hold it like that or else you risk computer intervention.

Hey, I found this info on Alldata a few mos ago. Dated 2/27/07. Basically states that the brake in fact takes priority. Don't really know. Need to go out and mess with mine some more. Even if the converter is around 1800-2000 stall according to the tq graphs on the RS6 training manual it shouldn't be an issue because it is making 415 ft lbs from 1950-5600rpm unchipped. Don't think higher stall will solve the issue. Just my 2 cents.
    Any thoughts after reading this?

Brent
    That's pretty interesting, but that defintely does not happen in my RS6. Are you holding the brake and revs for more than two seconds? Because as the TSB states, if you hold them for more than two seconds, the engine RPMs will return to idle speed. What's odd is my car idles nowhere near 1400 RPMs, I'm pretty sure it's closer to 1000 but I'd have to log it to find out for sure.

What's funny is this TSB obviously came out after a bunch of RS6 owners discovered they weren't very successful in launching the car on the street or dragstrip; however, Audi tries to play it off for whatever reason like it's some accidental phenomena where the person's foot is just accidentally "resting" on the brake pedal.

I'm going to have to do some checking into the brake wiring harness and possibly putting a toggle switch so that it interupts the brake circuit on launches. We are getting off topic so we need to start another thread.

Brent
    You're definitely on the right track. In the S4, all you need to do is disconnect the ABS module. By doing so, you also kill the EDL (Electronic Differential Lock) which is the likely source of the condition described in the TSB. Then when you're done having your fun at the dragstrip, you simply reconnect the ABS module, clear any codes that may have been set, and you're good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by haha bye View Post
    wow the big bad rs6 couldnt pull the c32 in that second run a car that starts out with over 100 hp less...the second run is the one where the fuel was good too not the +10% first run. I also dont see the last run either, the one where the c32 started pulling up top...lol well see what happens with the chips you put in...sh1t
    You can compare the two cars now til the cows come home. In the end, it is what it is: a moderately modified C32 AMG vs a stock RS6.

The last run is in the video. Maybe next time you shouldn't be so scared and stay in it instead of always letting off early. Unless the Benz just can't take the twisties as well as my 4200lb tank on snow tires?

Quote Originally Posted by haha bye View Post
    lol yup its ok but that rs6 is really awsome. I would have thought much better 1/4 times though I mean you have 520hp and even more torque and couldnt break a 12.5
    Come on man, he's trapping 113-114 with just a chip! If anyone ever comes up with a way to beef up this trans and converter, I can personally guarantee you that it would be a CAKE WALK to get one of these into the 11's with no nitrous. With different wastegate actuators, these turbos are good for a sustained 25+ pounds of boost. Most of the aftermarket software upgrades for these cars run 15 pounds at best, so there's a TON of power left on the table in just boost.

I idle right around 700rpm

10secS4-- That haha bye person is out there. That was the point I was trying to make about the weight and mph. Oh well. Good that he's gone! Thanks Erik! I do have a VDO boost gauge in a carbon fiber pod on the steering wheel. Looks pretty good. It'll usually spike 14-15psi and maintain around 14 psi. It is kinda funny on shifts though. The boost will drop some then come back up and every now and then in 4th gear at wot for a long period of time. Not sure if it is picking up knock and dumping boost for a sec.
    My car idles around 700-750 also. I'll try and play around this weekend to see if I can get it to leave any harder and do some checking on the brake switch or abs fuse.
    Your right! These cars would likely go low 12's high 11's with a good launch. If I could get a 60' like Copper then I would be good to go.
    Good info on the turbos as well. I really didn't know how much they where good for. Thanks for your input.

Brent

10secS4-- That haha bye person is out there. That was the point I was trying to make about the weight and mph. Oh well. Good that he's gone! Thanks Erik! I do have a VDO boost gauge in a carbon fiber pod on the steering wheel. Looks pretty good. It'll usually spike 14-15psi and maintain around 14 psi. It is kinda funny on shifts though. The boost will drop some then come back up and every now and then in 4th gear at wot for a long period of time. Not sure if it is picking up knock and dumping boost for a sec.
    My car idles around 700-750 also. I'll try and play around this weekend to see if I can get it to leave any harder and do some checking on the brake switch or abs fuse.
    Your right! These cars would likely go low 12's high 11's with a good launch. If I could get a 60' like Copper then I would be good to go.
    Good info on the turbos as well. I really didn't know how much they where good for. Thanks for your input.

Brent
    If you're having weird boost issues, you may wanna try a new N75 valve. They're about $75 and have been known to cure all sorts of intermittent and wacky boost issues on Audis and VWs.

Yep, there are guys putting RS6 turbos on S4s. One guy recently put down 558whp on a Mustang Dyno with a 2.7T and RS6 turbos. He did change the wastegate actuators.

Just curious, where'd you get the steering wheel pod from? And how does it fit/look? Does it obstruct your view of the gauges at all?

Ever run your car on pump gas?

You must be the owner of DTP, eh?

If you're having weird boost issues, you may wanna try a new N75 valve. They're about $75 and have been known to cure all sorts of intermittent and wacky boost issues on Audis and VWs.

Yep, there are guys putting RS6 turbos on S4s. One guy recently put down 558whp on a Mustang Dyno with a 2.7T and RS6 turbos. He did change the wastegate actuators.

Just curious, where'd you get the steering wheel pod from? And how does it fit/look? Does it obstruct your view of the gauges at all?

Ever run your car on pump gas?

You must be the owner of DTP, eh?
    The N75 is a good idea and cheap to replace. I'll order one tomorrow. Just using stock replacement I take it. Heard of the race N75 (ECS Tuning) and APR not working well but never tried myself. Anyone put a manual or electronic boost controller on an RS6 yet? Actually had an issue on my 00 APR stg3 S4 that would cause it to overboost and ended up using a manual boost controller run parallel to the N75 to bleed boost off. Tried running a new stock N75 that APR said was bad but didn't make a difference. Have heard of guys using the RS6 turbos and 28rs turbos with some firewall reliefs. I met Mark P that has the yellow avant that makes 469awhp in Nov at VIR. Nice guy. He ran with the Audi club on Sat-Sun. I ran my Vette on Monday with Trackdaze. That is one sick wagon. I see your screen name but not sure who you are. What all is done to your S4? Have a link to it? Just got the new issue of eurotuner that had a couple of 10sec S4's. Awesome! Keep the good info coming!
    Got the gauge and pod from Summit. Looks pretty good and really doesn't obstruct dash view. Did come with some ugly silver (bare metal) bolts that hold the gauge cup. Haven't had a chance to paint them or replace with black ones. I'll take a pic of it tomorrow and post.
    Car runs on our crappy e10 93 everyday when my fiance drives it. I usually try to run it out and put 100 in it for some weekend fun. Got a buddy with a quick Dinan S2 M5 that I need to stay ahead of. LOL

Yep, I am the owner of DTP.

Regards,
    Brent

10 sec s4, did you buy that car used? If so maybe it was chipped?
    Another thing is that you will be suprised, the beast doesnt trap that high on the track, yet it can beat alot of cars that trap higher.

As far as the boost coming off at launch. If you get the OCT tranny chip it lets you launch at 3000+ and it doesn't drop boost. When we had ours, all four tires will lost grip when launched like that. I am telling you its a feeling i had never experieced before in any car including my dads faster M5. Oh boy do i really miss that 600 lbft of torque.

BTW 10 sec s4, Hyperboost DV FTW. We had them when we had our RS6 with OCT, trouble free for over 40,000 miles. http://stratmosphere.com/hyperboost5.htm
    That should clear any boost problems unless you have a hose leak or something.
    Last edited by nyrs6; January 6th, 2008 at 00:52.
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB