Quote Originally Posted by ellstimpo View Post
I am an Audi fan, im a big Audi fan which is why i bought an S5. I just don't like the R8 and the hype and crap spouted about it by most on here makes me like it even less. Its about as close to being a supercar as the Audi TT, it does not have serious performance (its handing helps its lap times), its over-priced, over -hyped, looks like a cut and shut TT and is devoid of any sense of occasion or passion.

Thats my opinion and im entitled to it. Doesn't mean im not an Audi fan, its just i judge a car on a car, not by the badge that appears on it.
I haven't a problem with you liking or disliking any car, but why are you so abusive when someone happens to disagree with you. I like many here happen to rate the R8 very highly indeed, is there something wrong with that.

You seem to prefer outright performance over fine handling as you yourself state that the R8's lap times are helped by it's handling. We all know that Audi chose to enter this sector with a car which wouldn't be priced to dear as to turn away customers and looking at it's sales and the premiums it use to command they got the price point on. We also know that when the R8v10 arrives it's performance will address one of the other complaints you have about the car which is performance, so all there is left is the passion. This is a very personal thing that is different to each person, I have driven the R8 only once (on the road), likewise the 360 and the 430 as well as the GT3 (on the track) and I felt it was every bit as special as any of the others. It might has been the most civilised of the bunch with the GT3 the most extreme and it's engine note couldn't compete with either of the Ferraris but that to me made it more appealing as an everyday car.

I just find your opinions very black and white with no compromises in between, but as this is your opinion you are welcome to have it as long as I and others as equally welcome to disagree with it.