Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R8 being Tried by an F360 Challenge CS

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ellstimpo View Post
    I am an Audi fan, im a big Audi fan which is why i bought an S5. I just don't like the R8 and the hype and crap spouted about it by most on here makes me like it even less. Its about as close to being a supercar as the Audi TT, it does not have serious performance (its handing helps its lap times), its over-priced, over -hyped, looks like a cut and shut TT and is devoid of any sense of occasion or passion.

Thats my opinion and im entitled to it. Doesn't mean im not an Audi fan, its just i judge a car on a car, not by the badge that appears on it.

I acknowledge your opinion ellstimpo, i see what you mean. I have never driven the Audi R8 but I am interested to know (assuming you have driven it) the differences between it and the 360 on the road and on the track.

To tell you the truth, i do not personally know anyone that owns an R8. However i know a number of people that own 360's and their progression after that was the 430 or even the Scagletti. From numerous online reviews and test drives, the R8 is surpassing expectations on the road and on the track and is being compared on the level of the Gallardo and 430.

So in all, if you have given the R8 a flogging, what are the similarities/differences between the 360CS and R8.

Z07,

I didn't see the importance of posting this video in the first place and the title that was given to the thread.
    Search and you will find the truth.

^Nevermind, here's a 360 getting its ass handed to it by you know what.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D500ZlkYqtQ

Think he was still waiting for his V-Tec to kick in.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Z07 View Post
    ^Nevermind, here's a 360 getting its ass handed to it by you know what.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D500ZlkYqtQ

Think he was still waiting for his V-Tec to kick in.
    Ha Ha Ha, yet another crap video that shows sweet f all.

You think either of those cars are standard???
    Do you not think that in this type of racing is seriously depends on the quality of the driver?

Only a child would post videos like this as evidence that 1 car is better than another.

Ha Ha Ha, yet another crap video that shows sweet f all.

You think either of those cars are standard???
    Do you not think that in this type of racing is seriously depends on the quality of the driver?

Only a child would post videos like this as evidence that 1 car is better than another.
    The top Japanese tuners are only just starting to play with parts as we speak, so yes, the GTR is almost definitely stock. As for the 360, I don't know. It was overtaken on the straight fair and square anyway. What's the matter? Has it hurt your feelings and shattered the fragile Fiat superman image. If so, please fill in this report:

Banned
    The top Japanese tuners are only just starting to play with parts as we speak, so yes, the GTR is almost definitely stock. As for the 360, I don't know. It was overtaken on the straight fair and square anyway. What's the matter? Has it hurt your feelings and shattered the fragile Fiat superman image. If so, please fill in this report:

I couldn't give flying crap that A 360 was overtaken in a race. Does that make it a bad car? What significance does that video have on me and my choice in cars?? These videos are pathetic, they are so subjective. A whole number of things could be going on in that video that we have no idea about.

For example'

The guy in the 360 might just have had a heart attack which caused the car to slow.
    The guy in the 360 may be a totally crap driver
    There may be a problem with the 360
    The jap crap may simply be a faster car

Please in future don't post videos as fact or evidence because they are not, they are merely videos and not quantifiable at all.

ps - if i had simply wanted the fastest car then i'd have bought a 996 Turbo or an Ultima wouldn't i ???

Moron

I couldn't give flying crap that A 360 was overtaken in a race.
    Now we all know that's not true.

Does that make it a bad car?
    Bad, no. Massively overpriced, yes.

What significance does that video have on me and my choice in cars??
    None, because you will persist in denying the truth.

These videos are pathetic, they are so subjective. A whole number of things could be going on in that video that we have no idea about.
    This should be good.

For example'

The guy in the 360 might just have had a heart attack which caused the car to slow.
    Or, he may have had a heart attack after realizing that his car was slow after paying all that money.

The guy in the 360 may be a totally crap driver
    So bad that he doesn't know how to go full throttle down a straight? Maybe he should go get lessons from a 12 year-old.

There may be a problem with the 360
    There is. It's slow and overpriced.

The jap crap may simply be a faster car
    Well done, you got there eventually. It's a faster car but it's crap because it doesn't have a prancing horse on it. I'm sure you could pick up the badge from a pawn shop and retro fit it, if you're that desperate.

Please in future don't post videos showing 360s getting raped by other cars because I won't accept them as fact or evidence because they are not Ferraris, they are merely better cars and are also affordable.
    Fixed.

ps - if i had simply wanted the fastest car then i'd have bought a 996 Turbo or an Ultima wouldn't i ???

Moron
    I wouldn't think that a 996 Turbo is necessarily faster than a 360. I can understand why you wouldn't want an Ultima. It's a stripped-bare track car. No stereo etc. The GTR on the other hand comes with a Bose stereo, air con, fully-adjustable electric seats etc. etc. You say you like to put money into your business but I struggle to believe you. You'd rather pay an extra £50-60k for a badge - all money you could have invested.

I love being able to sit on the side lines and watch.

As for the performance of the GTR, I doubt even the F430 or Gallardo would compete with one on the track (stock vs stock). I reckon the only car which might stand a chance against the GTR on a track is the soon to be launched v10 version of the R8.

Do you concur Z07.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post

As for the performance of the GTR, I doubt even the F430 or Gallardo would compete with one on the track (stock vs stock). I reckon the only car which might stand a chance against the GTR on a track is the soon to be launched v10 version of the R8.

Do you concur Z07.
    I'd expect an F430 to be closer, and a Scuderia should beat a GTR (which it should at over 3 times the price). The V10 R8 should also be right in there.

I'd expect an F430 to be closer, and a Scuderia should beat a GTR (which it should at over 3 times the price). The V10 R8 should also be right in there.
    I suspect that the Scuderia and the R8v10 should be neck and neck with the GTR.

I also think that this thread is getting out of hand... Erik might want to intervene.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienr8 View Post
    I suspect that the Scuderia and the R8v10 should be neck and neck with the GTR.
    I'd expect the Scuderia to beat the cuirrent GTR in all fairness. With a decent driver it should at least equal the GT2's 'ring time. But then at £175,000 vs £55,000 (or £50,000 on import) it should be better.

The performance of the R8 V10 is dependent on what the weight comes out at but it's perceivable that a 500-520bhp R8 weighing 1600-1700kg, with a decent driver, should be competitive with a GTR. Time will tell.

Banned

:
    If your going to sit on the side lines then why don't you do just that and shut up. Always a smart ass comment from you isn't there

If your going to sit on the side lines then why don't you do just that and shut up. Always a smart ass comment from you isn't there
    My comments were directed to Z07 and not you. That is why at the end I wrote 'Do you concur Z07'.

Stop being so touchy.

Banned
    My comments were directed to Z07 and not you. That is why at the end I wrote 'Do you concur Z07'.

Stop being so touchy.
    If your going to 'sit on the sidelines and watch' then you do just that, you sit and watch, your certainly don't tell everyone about.

Thought that would have been obvious to an apparent grown up

If your going to 'sit on the sidelines and watch' then you do just that, you sit and watch, your certainly don't tell everyone about.

Thought that would have been obvious to an apparent grown up
    So if I make a remark to a fellow member I can only do so with your approval. Sorry mate that's not the way it works around here, like I said if the remark HAD been addressed to you I would have used your name and not Z07.

Once again please stop with the abuse.

OK. Warnings have been given again to various users.

PLEASE BEHAVE children and let's continue ON TOPIC! Or there will be more warnings since you're ruining my friday beer.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    OK. Warnings have been given again to various users.

PLEASE BEHAVE children and let's continue ON TOPIC! Or there will be more warnings since you're ruining my friday beer.

Ditto and amen. Please, can't we all just get along. This is by far the best automotive forum on the net as far as civility is concerned. I'm truely hoping it stays that way...

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    Ditto and amen. Please, can't we all just get along. This is by far the best automotive forum on the net as far as civility is concerned. I'm truely hoping it stays that way...

Ben
    Sorry for my part in it.