Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: R8 being Tried by an F360 Challenge CS

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Sorry mate that's not the way it works around here,

Once again please stop with the abuse.
    1) Im deff NOT your mate
    2) You do not own or run this site and do not tell people how things work.
    3) Abuse? Grow up little man and get a backbone
    4) Are you aware that i have received plenty of PM's about how you think you own the site, your arrogant and your BS boasting about VIP Audi contacts.

Maybe a look in the mirror would help before critiscising others

Quote Originally Posted by Z07 View Post
    I'd expect an F430 to be closer, and a Scuderia should beat a GTR (which it should at over 3 times the price). The V10 R8 should also be right in there.
    I suspect that the Scuderia and the R8v10 should be neck and neck with the GTR.

I also think that this thread is getting out of hand... Erik might want to intervene.

Quote Originally Posted by ellstimpo View Post
    I couldn't give flying crap that A 360 was overtaken in a race.
    Now we all know that's not true.

Does that make it a bad car?
    Bad, no. Massively overpriced, yes.

What significance does that video have on me and my choice in cars??
    None, because you will persist in denying the truth.

These videos are pathetic, they are so subjective. A whole number of things could be going on in that video that we have no idea about.
    This should be good.

For example'

The guy in the 360 might just have had a heart attack which caused the car to slow.
    Or, he may have had a heart attack after realizing that his car was slow after paying all that money.

The guy in the 360 may be a totally crap driver
    So bad that he doesn't know how to go full throttle down a straight? Maybe he should go get lessons from a 12 year-old.

There may be a problem with the 360
    There is. It's slow and overpriced.

The jap crap may simply be a faster car
    Well done, you got there eventually. It's a faster car but it's crap because it doesn't have a prancing horse on it. I'm sure you could pick up the badge from a pawn shop and retro fit it, if you're that desperate.

Please in future don't post videos showing 360s getting raped by other cars because I won't accept them as fact or evidence because they are not Ferraris, they are merely better cars and are also affordable.
    Fixed.

ps - if i had simply wanted the fastest car then i'd have bought a 996 Turbo or an Ultima wouldn't i ???

Moron
    I wouldn't think that a 996 Turbo is necessarily faster than a 360. I can understand why you wouldn't want an Ultima. It's a stripped-bare track car. No stereo etc. The GTR on the other hand comes with a Bose stereo, air con, fully-adjustable electric seats etc. etc. You say you like to put money into your business but I struggle to believe you. You'd rather pay an extra £50-60k for a badge - all money you could have invested.

Banned
    Now we all know that's not true.

Bad, no. Massively overpriced, yes.

None, because you will persist in denying the truth.

This should be good.

Or, he may have had a heart attack after realizing that his car was slow after paying all that money.

So bad that he doesn't know how to go full throttle down a straight? Maybe he should go get lessons from a 12 year-old.

There is. It's slow and overpriced.

Well done, you got there eventually. It's a faster car but it's crap because it doesn't have a prancing horse on it. I'm sure you could pick up the badge from a pawn shop and retro fit it, if you're that desperate.

Fixed.

I wouldn't think that a 996 Turbo is necessarily faster than a 360. I can understand why you wouldn't want an Ultima. It's a stripped-bare track car. No stereo etc. The GTR on the other hand comes with a Bose stereo, air con, fully-adjustable electric seats etc. etc. You say you like to put money into your business but I struggle to believe you. You'd rather pay an extra £50-60k for a badge - all money you could have invested.
    Jelousy will get you nowhere in life child! I buy a Ferrari because i wanted one and i can afford one. Simple as that. Over-priced? Not really, but i won't bored you with reasons as i know your not big on them

Stick to you chav'd up jap crap, it suits you as its totally and utterly classless and common

Banned

I wouldn't think that a 996 Turbo is necessarily faster than a 360. :
    The word 'think' shows how stupid you are. Surely to make the comment you should KNOW.

996 Turbo is quicker than a 360 In all departments. But as you know f all about anything other than jap crap, i wouldn't expect you to know. Maybe the below site will be better suited to you.

http://www.littletosserswhoturnjapcr...havmobiles.com

Quote Originally Posted by Damienr8 View Post
    I suspect that the Scuderia and the R8v10 should be neck and neck with the GTR.
    I'd expect the Scuderia to beat the cuirrent GTR in all fairness. With a decent driver it should at least equal the GT2's 'ring time. But then at £175,000 vs £55,000 (or £50,000 on import) it should be better.

The performance of the R8 V10 is dependent on what the weight comes out at but it's perceivable that a 500-520bhp R8 weighing 1600-1700kg, with a decent driver, should be competitive with a GTR. Time will tell.

The word 'think' shows how stupid you are. Surely to make the comment you should KNOW.

996 Turbo is quicker than a 360 In all departments. But as you know f all about anything other than jap crap, i wouldn't expect you to know. Maybe the below site will be better suited to you.

http://www.littletosserswhoturnjapcr...havmobiles.com
    Perhaps you mean the 997 Turbo. All tests I've seen have shown the 360 to be faster than the 996 Turbo on the track and 0-100mph. Higher PWR, RWD, go figure.

Here's a site for you:

http://www.IWastedMyMoneyOnAnUnderpo...orseyBadge.com

OK. Warnings have been given again to various users.

PLEASE BEHAVE children and let's continue ON TOPIC! Or there will be more warnings since you're ruining my friday beer.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Banned
    Perhaps you mean the 997 Turbo. All tests I've seen have shown the 360 to be faster than the 996 Turbo on the track and 0-100mph. Higher PWR, RWD, go figure.

Here's a site for you:

http://www.IWastedMyMoneyOnAnUnderpo...orseyBadge.com
    No, i meant the 996 Turbo, which is faster than a 360, try to keep up !

Whats wrong, can't afford a Ferrari and bitter ?

No, i meant the 996 Turbo, which is faster than a 360, try to keep up !

Whats wrong, can't afford a Ferrari and bitter ?
    Can you find me any figures to back that up.

Banned
    Can you find me any figures to back that up.
    I know you like your crap videos. Plus a mate of mine used to have one and we used to race at an Airfield in Yorkshire and he would always win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-1U2xU7wa0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn0Eu141vnE&NR=1

I know you like your crap videos. Plus a mate of mine used to have one and we used to race at an Airfield in Yorkshire and he would always win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-1U2xU7wa0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn0Eu141vnE&NR=1
    From a standing start. That's called having better traction not being faster.

The 360 is decisively faster from 60 onwards and 0-100 according to Evo and Autocar figures and it's also faster on track in Evo's Bedford Autodrome figures. Clutches don't hold out long launching like that with AWD either

Banned
    From a standing start. That's called having better traction not being faster.

The 360 is decisively faster from 60 onwards and 0-100 according to Evo and Autocar figures and it's also faster on track in Evo's Bedford Autodrome figures. Clutches don't hold out long launching like that with AWD either
    I have owned a 360 for 7 years. My mate had his 996 Turbo for 4 years until recently sold for a 997 Turbo. I think i know better than most which is a faster car from EXPERIENCE, not looking what some magazine says or some motoring journalist.

Until you have experienced BOTH cars personally, then to me your opinion (thats all it can be) is totally and utterly irrelevant and more importantly totally WORTHLESS

Seriously guys, why do so many people on here give opinions and judgements on how fast cars are and how well they drive when you have never even been near the car in question. Its so so so stupid

I have owned a 360 for 7 years. My mate had his 996 Turbo for 4 years until recently sold for a 997 Turbo. I think i know better than most which is a faster car from EXPERIENCE, not looking what some magazine says or some motoring journalist.
    Don't blame the car because you can't drive. Even in that video, you can see that the 360 is closer at the end then it is part way through the race - inference. You can actually see where the 360 starts to reel it in. I can guarantee you that if you start the two side by side at 70mph, the Ferrari will pull away. I've seen it happen.

Until you have experienced BOTH cars personally, then to me your opinion (thats all it can be) is totally and utterly irrelevant and more importantly totally WORTHLESS
    I think I speak for a few on here when I say that your opinions are worthless, wrong and annoying. If you think a 996 is faster than a 360 from a roll then you need to re-sit Physics. From a standing start it's all about traction (and torque). Hell, I can beat a 360 on foot over the first 10m. Can I run faster than a 360?

Seriously guys, why do so many people on here give opinions and judgements on how fast cars are and how well they drive when you have never even been near the car in question. Its so so so stupid
    You tell us. I've been near plenty of them. I've also driven a 993TT and a 355 at Snetterton. The Porsche was faster up to triple figures but after that the Ferrari pulled harder, which was truly suprising as the 355 never felt anywhere near as fast. I noticed this due to the fact that the Porsche lap times were faster with me driving (not pushing it on corners) but the Ferrari always hit higher peak speeds. If you'd raced the whole length of Elvington you'd have realised this with the 360, unless its engine is thrashed due to improper driving/driver.

Why don't you find me a video showing a roll race from 70mph.

Not doubting you but can you actually post any pictures of you and your car(s)? Raise your right leg in the picture as proof.

Also nice diversion attempt - Headline: GTR better than Fiat 360.

Banned
    Don't blame the car because you can't drive. Even in that video, you can see that the 360 is closer at the end then it is part way through the race - inference. You can actually see where the 360 starts to reel it in. I can guarantee you that if you start the two side by side at 70mph, the Ferrari will pull away. I've seen it happen.

I think I speak for a few on here when I say that your opinions are worthless, wrong and annoying. If you think a 996 is faster than a 360 from a roll then you need to re-sit Physics. From a standing start it's all about traction (and torque). Hell, I can beat a 360 on foot over the first 10m. Can I run faster than a 360?

You tell us. I've been near plenty of them. I've also driven a 993TT and a 355 at Snetterton. The Porsche was faster up to triple figures but after that the Ferrari pulled harder, which was truly suprising as the 355 never felt anywhere near as fast. I noticed this due to the fact that the Porsche lap times were faster with me driving (not pushing it on corners) but the Ferrari always hit higher peak speeds. If you'd raced the whole length of Elvington you'd have realised this with the 360, unless its engine is thrashed due to improper driving/driver.

Why don't you find me a video showing a roll race from 70mph.

Not doubting you but can you actually post any pictures of you and your car(s)? Raise your right leg in the picture as proof.

Also nice diversion attempt - Headline: GTR better than Fiat 360.
    I'll be honest, i can't be bothered to read that load of tripe above. Im guessing you've said that my 7 years of ownership of a 360 isn't worth anything and bla bla bla oh and you've driven this and that and t'other

Bored bored bored bored bored.

I'll leave you to garbage, self importance and utter tripe and hope that one day you might get the intelligence to earn the money to buy a Ferrari and stop being so jelous.

Have fun talking to yourself boy

PS - on some weekends im a race instructor at Bruntingthorpe Race Track - come on down and i'll show you how to drive a car rather than talk about it ! Oh and yes i do have a race licence. Im guessing from your boasting and chat you do too right ?? HA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    OK. Warnings have been given again to various users.

PLEASE BEHAVE children and let's continue ON TOPIC! Or there will be more warnings since you're ruining my friday beer.

Ditto and amen. Please, can't we all just get along. This is by far the best automotive forum on the net as far as civility is concerned. I'm truely hoping it stays that way...

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

I'll be honest, i can't read
    Honesty is always the best policy.

Bored bored bored bored bored.

I'll leave you to garbage, self importance and utter tripe and hope that one day you might get the intelligence to earn the money to buy a Ferrari and stop being so jelous.
    'Jealous' is spelt with an 'a'. Clearly the IQ requirement for wealth has gone downhill of late. That's what's wrong with the country. Too many people getting rich running kebab joints, no ingenuity anymore.

Have fun talking to yourself boy

PS - on some weekends im a race instructor at Bruntingthorpe Race Track - come on down and i'll show you how to drive a car rather than talk about it ! Oh and yes i do have a race licence. Im guessing from your boasting and chat you do too right ?? HA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    I don't believe a word you say. If you were all you claimed to be, you'd feel fulfilled by your life and you wouldn't feel the need to repeatedly join this forum and make an arse of yourself. Ta ta.

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    Ditto and amen. Please, can't we all just get along. This is by far the best automotive forum on the net as far as civility is concerned. I'm truely hoping it stays that way...

Ben
    Sorry for my part in it.