Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: R8 being Tried by an F360 Challenge CS

Quote Originally Posted by ellstimpo View Post
    I am an Audi fan, im a big Audi fan which is why i bought an S5. I just don't like the R8 and the hype and crap spouted about it by most on here makes me like it even less. Its about as close to being a supercar as the Audi TT, it does not have serious performance (its handing helps its lap times), its over-priced, over -hyped, looks like a cut and shut TT and is devoid of any sense of occasion or passion.

Thats my opinion and im entitled to it. Doesn't mean im not an Audi fan, its just i judge a car on a car, not by the badge that appears on it.
    I haven't a problem with you liking or disliking any car, but why are you so abusive when someone happens to disagree with you. I like many here happen to rate the R8 very highly indeed, is there something wrong with that.

You seem to prefer outright performance over fine handling as you yourself state that the R8's lap times are helped by it's handling. We all know that Audi chose to enter this sector with a car which wouldn't be priced to dear as to turn away customers and looking at it's sales and the premiums it use to command they got the price point on. We also know that when the R8v10 arrives it's performance will address one of the other complaints you have about the car which is performance, so all there is left is the passion. This is a very personal thing that is different to each person, I have driven the R8 only once (on the road), likewise the 360 and the 430 as well as the GT3 (on the track) and I felt it was every bit as special as any of the others. It might has been the most civilised of the bunch with the GT3 the most extreme and it's engine note couldn't compete with either of the Ferraris but that to me made it more appealing as an everyday car.

I just find your opinions very black and white with no compromises in between, but as this is your opinion you are welcome to have it as long as I and others as equally welcome to disagree with it.
    Search and you will find the truth.

I am an Audi fan, im a big Audi fan which is why i bought an S5. I just don't like the R8 and the hype and crap spouted about it by most on here makes me like it even less. Its about as close to being a supercar as the Audi TT, it does not have serious performance (its handing helps its lap times), its over-priced, over -hyped, looks like a cut and shut TT and is devoid of any sense of occasion or passion.

Thats my opinion and im entitled to it. Doesn't mean im not an Audi fan, its just i judge a car on a car, not by the badge that appears on it.

I acknowledge your opinion ellstimpo, i see what you mean. I have never driven the Audi R8 but I am interested to know (assuming you have driven it) the differences between it and the 360 on the road and on the track.

To tell you the truth, i do not personally know anyone that owns an R8. However i know a number of people that own 360's and their progression after that was the 430 or even the Scagletti. From numerous online reviews and test drives, the R8 is surpassing expectations on the road and on the track and is being compared on the level of the Gallardo and 430.

So in all, if you have given the R8 a flogging, what are the similarities/differences between the 360CS and R8.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Damienr8 View Post
    I acknowledge your opinion ellstimpo, i see what you mean. I have never driven the Audi R8 but I am interested to know (assuming you have driven it) the differences between it and the 360 on the road and on the track.

To tell you the truth, i do not personally know anyone that owns an R8. However i know a number of people that own 360's and their progression after that was the 430 or even the Scagletti. From numerous online reviews and test drives, the R8 is surpassing expectations on the road and on the track and is being compared on the level of the Gallardo and 430.

So in all, if you have given the R8 a flogging, what are the similarities/differences between the 360CS and R8.
    I have had my 360 for 7 years and i love it. Its far from perfect but it fits me. Add into that its never ever gone wrong (touch wood) not been that expensive to run and i deff have an attachment to my car. Part of the reason i dislike the R8 is for the same reason i dislike the way the Gallardo drives. I nearly bought a Gallardo when it first came out, but after a test drive at Millbrook, i was left feeing very dissappointed (although i did end up buying a Gallardo Spyder, but it didn't last long).

When i buy a car at this level, i want to actually drive the car, i want to have fun and feel the car on its limit. For me the 4 wheel drive system on a car like this removes nearly all the enjoyment and fun factor from the car and you do not feel like you are driving it. In a word, they are boring. Maybe even too good. The 360 is a car that needs to be controlled, its fun and interesting to drive and if you don't pay attention, it will bite you, quite hard - i love that and thats why i buy this kind of car. In the R8 you can switch off and almost any mistake wil be sorted for you by the car. I ask you, where is the fun, the excitment in that. Its dull dull dull and the opposite of what i look for in a car.

It looks unlike anything else on the road (except the 430 i guess), its incredably well made and turns heads like you wouldn't believe, plus the noise, well. Add into that a passion for Ferrari since i was a little boy, had a poster of one on my wall and the years of racing heritage and supercar manufacturering and for me, you have THE best car maker in the world. With my 360 i got the complete package and the realisation of a dream. The R8 cabin may be very nice, but its boring and dull to me, you do not feel like your in a sports car. You feel like your in an S5 or an A4 and it just doesn't hit the spot. Oh, and one more thing about the R8, its mass produced.

Over the years i have thought about getting something else an as i said i have had a Gallardo Spyder and a DB9 Volante and a 360 Spider, all didn't last long. I have rather put money into my business ventures recently than spend money on cars. I have an order down for something, but no idea when they will develop it and honestly, i think my 360 CS itch will have to be scratched soon, its such a raw stunning car that corrects the faults with the 360. The R8 is far better for everday road use, but again, not the point of cars like this and not what i buy one for. I have an S5 for that stuff.

430 i hate the look of, but its a great car. The 430 Scud is on a different planet to anything i have driven before, but its a £200k+ car, the 599 is again sublime, but £215k car -

I have never doubted the R8 is a good car, it is a good car. Its not for me and one thing is 100% certain, ITS NOT A SUPERCAR !!!

(i get annoyed when people make absolute verdicts on cars they have never experienced)

I have had my 360 for 7 years and i love it. Its far from perfect but it fits me. Add into that its never ever gone wrong (touch wood) not been that expensive to run and i deff have an attachment to my car. Part of the reason i dislike the R8 is for the same reason i dislike the way the Gallardo drives. I nearly bought a Gallardo when it first came out, but after a test drive at Millbrook, i was left feeing very dissappointed (although i did end up buying a Gallardo Spyder, but it didn't last long).

When i buy a car at this level, i want to actually drive the car, i want to have fun and feel the car on its limit. For me the 4 wheel drive system on a car like this removes nearly all the enjoyment and fun factor from the car and you do not feel like you are driving it. In a word, they are boring. Maybe even too good. The 360 is a car that needs to be controlled, its fun and interesting to drive and if you don't pay attention, it will bite you, quite hard - i love that and thats why i buy this kind of car. In the R8 you can switch off and almost any mistake wil be sorted for you by the car. I ask you, where is the fun, the excitment in that. Its dull dull dull and the opposite of what i look for in a car.

It looks unlike anything else on the road (except the 430 i guess), its incredably well made and turns heads like you wouldn't believe, plus the noise, well. Add into that a passion for Ferrari since i was a little boy, had a poster of one on my wall and the years of racing heritage and supercar manufacturering and for me, you have THE best car maker in the world. With my 360 i got the complete package and the realisation of a dream. The R8 cabin may be very nice, but its boring and dull to me, you do not feel like your in a sports car. You feel like your in an S5 or an A4 and it just doesn't hit the spot. Oh, and one more thing about the R8, its mass produced.

Over the years i have thought about getting something else an as i said i have had a Gallardo Spyder and a DB9 Volante and a 360 Spider, all didn't last long. I have rather put money into my business ventures recently than spend money on cars. I have an order down for something, but no idea when they will develop it and honestly, i think my 360 CS itch will have to be scratched soon, its such a raw stunning car that corrects the faults with the 360. The R8 is far better for everday road use, but again, not the point of cars like this and not what i buy one for. I have an S5 for that stuff.

430 i hate the look of, but its a great car. The 430 Scud is on a different planet to anything i have driven before, but its a £200k+ car, the 599 is again sublime, but £215k car -

I have never doubted the R8 is a good car, it is a good car. Its not for me and one thing is 100% certain, ITS NOT A SUPERCAR !!!

(i get annoyed when people make absolute verdicts on cars they have never experienced)
    Good response. I have driven neither of the two so therefore I cannot comment. I do understand where you are going with the feel of the CS compared to the R8, they are quite different mechanically, asthetically and purposely. I now understand your demands when looking at a supercar and why the Audi R8 does not meet your expectations. I also agree with you on the F430, i dislike the sheetmetal but the performance is spectacular (I have been driven in one and lectured left and right about it's capabilities compared to its competition).

In all, i stand by my original statment, "The R8 is a sports car with supercar performance." It may not have the pedigree or edginess of the F430, or the sheer outwright power of the Galllardo, but it does capture everything inbetween and it does it so, on an impressive level. Considering all factors, I personally rank the R8 in the league of the Gallardo and F430.

I didn't post the video so it has nothing to do with me, so point your question to the correct person eh ??
    But you seemed to have drawn plenty of conclusions from it.

Z07,

I didn't see the importance of posting this video in the first place and the title that was given to the thread.

^Nevermind, here's a 360 getting its ass handed to it by you know what.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D500ZlkYqtQ

Think he was still waiting for his V-Tec to kick in.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Z07 View Post
    But you seemed to have drawn plenty of conclusions from it.
    Please show me ONE, just ONE, comment i have made based on the footage shown in the video ??

I dare you

Banned
    ^Nevermind, here's a 360 getting its ass handed to it by you know what.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D500ZlkYqtQ

Think he was still waiting for his V-Tec to kick in.
    Ha Ha Ha, yet another crap video that shows sweet f all.

You think either of those cars are standard???
    Do you not think that in this type of racing is seriously depends on the quality of the driver?

Only a child would post videos like this as evidence that 1 car is better than another.

Ha Ha Ha, yet another crap video that shows sweet f all.

You think either of those cars are standard???
    Do you not think that in this type of racing is seriously depends on the quality of the driver?

Only a child would post videos like this as evidence that 1 car is better than another.
    The top Japanese tuners are only just starting to play with parts as we speak, so yes, the GTR is almost definitely stock. As for the 360, I don't know. It was overtaken on the straight fair and square anyway. What's the matter? Has it hurt your feelings and shattered the fragile Fiat superman image. If so, please fill in this report:

I have rather put money into my business ventures recently than spend money on cars.

I'd have to agree with you on those two statements.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

I love being able to sit on the side lines and watch.

As for the performance of the GTR, I doubt even the F430 or Gallardo would compete with one on the track (stock vs stock). I reckon the only car which might stand a chance against the GTR on a track is the soon to be launched v10 version of the R8.

Do you concur Z07.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post

As for the performance of the GTR, I doubt even the F430 or Gallardo would compete with one on the track (stock vs stock). I reckon the only car which might stand a chance against the GTR on a track is the soon to be launched v10 version of the R8.

Do you concur Z07.
    I'd expect an F430 to be closer, and a Scuderia should beat a GTR (which it should at over 3 times the price). The V10 R8 should also be right in there.

Banned
    The top Japanese tuners are only just starting to play with parts as we speak, so yes, the GTR is almost definitely stock. As for the 360, I don't know. It was overtaken on the straight fair and square anyway. What's the matter? Has it hurt your feelings and shattered the fragile Fiat superman image. If so, please fill in this report:

I couldn't give flying crap that A 360 was overtaken in a race. Does that make it a bad car? What significance does that video have on me and my choice in cars?? These videos are pathetic, they are so subjective. A whole number of things could be going on in that video that we have no idea about.

For example'

The guy in the 360 might just have had a heart attack which caused the car to slow.
    The guy in the 360 may be a totally crap driver
    There may be a problem with the 360
    The jap crap may simply be a faster car

Please in future don't post videos as fact or evidence because they are not, they are merely videos and not quantifiable at all.

ps - if i had simply wanted the fastest car then i'd have bought a 996 Turbo or an Ultima wouldn't i ???

Moron

Banned

:
    If your going to sit on the side lines then why don't you do just that and shut up. Always a smart ass comment from you isn't there

If your going to sit on the side lines then why don't you do just that and shut up. Always a smart ass comment from you isn't there
    My comments were directed to Z07 and not you. That is why at the end I wrote 'Do you concur Z07'.

Stop being so touchy.

Banned
    My comments were directed to Z07 and not you. That is why at the end I wrote 'Do you concur Z07'.

Stop being so touchy.
    If your going to 'sit on the sidelines and watch' then you do just that, you sit and watch, your certainly don't tell everyone about.

Thought that would have been obvious to an apparent grown up

If your going to 'sit on the sidelines and watch' then you do just that, you sit and watch, your certainly don't tell everyone about.

Thought that would have been obvious to an apparent grown up
    So if I make a remark to a fellow member I can only do so with your approval. Sorry mate that's not the way it works around here, like I said if the remark HAD been addressed to you I would have used your name and not Z07.

Once again please stop with the abuse.