Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nissan GT-R or Future Audi RS5.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianM3_dude View Post
    Lambos Gay-ardos are rebadged Audi TTs with bigger motors.
    Of course they are

Sorry to say this but the RS5 will not ever compare to the GTR, check out the acceleration figures for this monster.

Oh_my_GOD

Search and you will find the truth.

This is ridiculously fast. I could count on one hand the cars that can better 3.3s for 0-60mph. I've been to a few events and I can testify that an 11.6s quarter equates to the performance delivered by 600bhp R33/R34 GTRs on an airstrip surface.

Banned
    The gears must be shorter then a Japanese penis. The GTR is the same thunderbolt from the sky as was the original NSX. Made some constructors look very, very silly.

This is a lesson to Audi and BMW. If you want to build a sports car, don't start with a saloon.

Halfway through reading that article I seriously considered (again) going for a GTR instead of RS5.....Then i saw the steering wheel with the extra buttons and the playstation designed digital readouts. I mean if only nissan could only sort out its interior (to specifically my tastes...lol) i would be sold.

Trouble is ive been down this road before. I used to have a corvette and that was ridiculously (scarily) fast, especially down low....but persistently let itself down by its shoddy interior and total instability on anything but dry, laser levelled,newly laid german autobahn.

No doubt the GTR will be much better then the corvette, but is more akin to that end of the spectrum (trackday hooligan capable of daily as well) rather then the RS5/Maserati style fast GT capable of holding their own in handling/sportiness too, yet not dedicated track monsters.

Wet weather handling of GTR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcTHBicfpGI

Far better than previous GTRs!

The gears must be shorter then a Japanese penis. The GTR is the same thunderbolt from the sky as was the original NSX. Made some constructors look very, very silly.

This is a lesson to Audi and BMW. If you want to build a sports car, don't start with a saloon.
    Thanks for picking up the slack bud, these forums were getting slow

The gears must be shorter then a Japanese penis.
    Nice one, very funny.

I think if you check again Audi already build it's sportscars not from saloons, the R8 never was anything other than a purpose built sportscar and the same applies to the TT which has a purpose built body for the job.

Now when was the last time you could say the same about a BMW.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Halfway through reading that article I seriously considered (again) going for a GTR instead of RS5.....Then i saw the steering wheel with the extra buttons and the playstation designed digital readouts. I mean if only nissan could only sort out its interior (to specifically my tastes...lol) i would be sold.

Trouble is ive been down this road before. I used to have a corvette and that was ridiculously (scarily) fast, especially down low....but persistently let itself down by its shoddy interior and total instability on anything but dry, laser levelled,newly laid german autobahn.

No doubt the GTR will be much better then the corvette, but is more akin to that end of the spectrum (trackday hooligan capable of daily as well) rather then the RS5/Maserati style fast GT capable of holding their own in handling/sportiness too, yet not dedicated track monsters.
    I think that the GTR would be a better daily driver then even the E92 M3. It has AWD, "automatic" transmission, small rear seats, useable trunk and adjustable suspension for broken roads. I mean many people use a 997 Turbo as a daily driver.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Nice one, very funny.

I think if you check again Audi already build it's sportscars not from saloons, the R8 never was anything other than a purpose built sportscar and the same applies to the TT which has a purpose built body for the job.

Now when was the last time you could say the same about a BMW.
    Exactly, the R8 is also an example of this. Just shows that the M3 is very, very overpriced and Porsche is just a rip-off.

Gotta agree - Porsche is a ripoff.

Only if you look at brand image as being worth nothing, when I would totally agree. But you know as well as I do that image is everything with these type of cars and that is why the Nissan is priced at the price it is and the Porsche at that bit higher.

I think that the GTR would be a better daily driver then even the E92 M3. It has AWD, "automatic" transmission, small rear seats, useable trunk and adjustable suspension for broken roads. I mean many people use a 997 Turbo as a daily driver.
    Are you serious about the GTR being a better daily driver than an M3.

Come on, the AWD and transmission I can understand and agree with but as for the 'adjustable suspension', you really need to read a number of 'first drives' that are commenting on how hard and unforgiving the ride is, regardless of which setting is used.

Accept that the car is an amazing trackday car, but compared to either the M3 or future RS5 it's a compromise that you have to live with if you seriously want this kind of performance.

Banned
    Dunno, Swiss roads are very smooth.

Porsche is a myth nothing to compare to a crap Nissan no matter how fast the GTR is (I like it tough) also think about the resal value. A TT keeps the quote very well eventough Porsche starts depreciating faster than it used to be.

Then I also care about the image the car gives to his owner. On that side the discussion is over....

Banned
    Second-hand Porsches are stupid expensive in Switzerland for some reason. I would rather buy a new one.

feel free to do it man.

I personally never buy second hand cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Only if you look at brand image as being worth nothing, when I would totally agree. But you know as well as I do that image is everything with these type of cars and that is why the Nissan is priced at the price it is and the Porsche at that bit higher.
    I reckon Porsche has 2 images:

1) Overpriced image branded yuppy car - unfortunately the prevalent image with most people thats plagued it since the 80's (what were those funds called that brought ruin to everyone ?!)

2) Drivers car - all that drive porsches swear by some intangible cliched 'feel' for the car (steering/suspension/feedback)

In my opinion Porsche is getting arrogant. They rely on their image too much and sell overpriced cars (Even xenons are an option!).

I hope the GTR/M3/RS5 bring porsche back down to earth. I dont say that out of spite - rather i just dont like manufacturers getting cocky. I hope the new RS5 wipes the floor with the M3. BMW will be forced to up their game. And after that I sincerely hope the new M3 (CSL excluded as most people like their cars to have a radio, electric windows etc) wipes the floor with the RS5. We'd benefit the most from competitors upping their game.
    Last edited by Rage; December 20th, 2007 at 01:00.