Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan GT-R or Future Audi RS5.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Never mind where Hans has gone, I haven't seen HKS786 neither for a while.
    Was just commenting on this in another thread. Odd isn't it. I'm sure they'll be back when another piece of information filters through the tight Ingolstadt walls.

I would go for the GTR, eyes closed.

I think the two cars are built for different purposes but If i had to choose one, I would go for the Audi RS5 because:

1. Luxury + Performance in a gorgeous package.
    2. Would rather a V8 over a V6.
    3. I love Audi's buyer customization program. One of the best in the Auto Industry.
    4. I can't justify spending that sum of money on a nissan. (While the car is very impressive and worth every bit of money), the badge does not fit with the price.

Just my 2 cents, I am curious to hear other responses.

Banned
    So you don't mind paying extra for the re-badged VWs?

GTR is much f..cking better than RS5 !
    Because it will make a driver happier for every second spent in the car!
    GTR is a unique car and I would surely buy it instead of RS5!

Quote Originally Posted by RussianM3_dude View Post
    The question you posted above, prove that you are incapable of making an educated response to a statement/question.

I agree with your opinion. I know their awd system is pretty special, as has been the case over the years but ultimately there is only so much grip available from the tyres and unless this car is much some pretty special speeds in between each of the corners.

P.S.

I actually don't have a problem with it's 0-62 time with the quoted power as a lot of this can be down to the awd system but it is the other speeds/times I have a problem with, like 160km/h in low 8seconds and the 1/4mile in less than 12s, now come on these don't remind me of 480hp and 1700+Kgs.
    The GT-R was dynoed at 470hp at the wheels! Link HERE! It's really underated, and that's why the car has such great results being so heavy. It's around 550hp not 480hp as nissan says, that is a really huge difference. And they say the GT-R is no so hard to drive, afterall it's on a nice 4x4 system.

You are right Leadfoot about the difference between R8 and GT-R, won't be so big especially with the R8 V10. But think about the price, the V10 R8 will be double the price. The guy is asking about GT-R against the RS5, and I am sure the GT-R will be somewhat faster on the track, but also considerable LESS confortable as a daily car. Again, the Audi interior won't ever be matched by Nissan (or any other manufacturer in price range) and that's were you spend 99% of your time: while driving it. The other 1% is while geting in/out the car.

You should sell your RS4, buy a bimmer. Or maybe a Lamborghini .. ups, sorry, that is just a re-badged VW. Yeah, stick with the bimmer. And move to US. With your mentality about Audi&life you'll be really happy. And you'll have tons of friends, afterall every second car here is a BMW.

Just kidding. Or trying. In the M3_dude style.

Quote Originally Posted by chewym View Post
    The 7:38 figure is as real as the 7:55 RS4 ring time.

It's actually 7:58 for the RS4. (official)

And somewhere around 7:50 for the R8. (not so official)

And exactly 7:38 for the GT-R. (very official)

Hey, I love Audi too, and I will stick to what I love, but other cars deserve their credits, you know ...

I chopped a paragraph below. Read full article here, by Edmunds.
    "The Fastest Lap
    The record lap would be set by Nissan's top shoe, Suzuki-san, who ultimately turned in a lap in 7 minutes, 38 seconds on a partially wet circuit. Those ominous clouds looming in the sky earlier in the day left their mark on two areas of the track, Kesselchen and Wehrsiefen, and required Suzuki-san to rein his speed in a bit."

Let's just say that the GT-R time is a Nissan time. When a magazine will compare it to other cars on the same day with the same driver it won't look that amazing.

It has less power and way more weight than the Z06 yet is quicker?

more like a rebadged bugatti veyron...
    haha

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raulg View Post
    You should sell your RS4, buy a bimmer. Or maybe a Lamborghini .. ups, sorry, that is just a re-badged VW. Yeah, stick with the bimmer. And move to US. With your mentality about Audi&life you'll be really happy. And you'll have tons of friends, afterall every second car here is a BMW.

Just kidding. Or trying. In the M3_dude style.
    Lambos Gay-ardos are rebadged Audi TTs with bigger motors.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by artur777 View Post
    GTR is much f..cking better than RS5 !
    Because it will make a driver happier for every second spent in the car!
    GTR is a unique car and I would surely buy it instead of RS5!

It depends of course, what Audi would do with the RS5. I think it would be just a 2 door current RS4 with a bit more poke and a higher pricetag. GTR is a purpose built sports car.

It depends of course, what Audi would do with the RS5. I think it would be just a 2 door current RS4 with a bit more poke and a higher pricetag. GTR is a purpose built sports car.
    I think that statement is belittling the abilities of the new MLP chassis, the S5 already has more grip than the RS4 even if it's set-up doesn't provide the same feel or balance due to lack of DRC.

The RS5 is the next creation after the R8 which showed to new direction and drive that QuattroGmbH are making in providing a real driver's car with all the abilities of the finest cars currently available without an of the compromises. This time round you will see something even more special than the RS4 and IT WILL WIPE THE FLOOR WITH THE COMPETITION.

Whether it will be better than the GTR overall, I doubt it but then it really isn't the RS5's competitors now is it.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Banned
    I guess it will compete with the M3 CSL.

I guess it will compete with the M3 CSL.
    Maybe, but chances are the M3CSL will be closer to that of the GTR in concept and so being will be as compromised an everyday car as the last one was. Alas only Audi seem to understand that normal people want their cars to be driven all of the time and not just occasionally.

Plus it's price I believe will be closer to £63K. Much dearer than the RS5 will ever be.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Ask the wife, she will tell you I'm always first.

GTR: Track and balls out adventures.

RS 5: Style and grace.

As Leadie says, there is no way you could lose on that choice.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

I agree with your opinion. I know their awd system is pretty special, as has been the case over the years but ultimately there is only so much grip available from the tyres and unless this car is much some pretty special speeds in between each of the corners.

P.S.

I actually don't have a problem with it's 0-62 time with the quoted power as a lot of this can be down to the awd system but it is the other speeds/times I have a problem with, like 160km/h in low 8seconds and the 1/4mile in less than 12s, now come on these don't remind me of 480hp and 1700+Kgs.
    You didn't see the dyno thread I posted. It made 482bhp at the hubs, i.e. the same point at which the RS4 only makes 340-345bhp.

Note: Graphs say 'Flywheel Power' but the correction factor is 1.00, so it's hubs as no correction has been applied.
    R35 Dyno - NAGTROC - The GT-R Owners Club

RS4 2007
    http://www.rri.se/popup/performanceg...p?ChartsID=769
    RS4 2006
    http://www.rri.se/popup/performanceg...p?ChartsID=281

From a mid-rpm 4th gear roll (with a passenger), it will hold a 997TT with no passenger (and overboost).

When the lighter V-Spec comes out with a titanium valvetrain and more boost it will be interesting.