Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of selling my RS4... what next?

Thinking of selling my RS4... what next?

I got my rs4 in april 2006... it now has 55k km on the clock ant it's been a fantastic car despite the few problems I had (all nicely fixed without paying any money. Good service from my dealer).

I'ts been suc a fantastic car that I'm thinking replacing it with another... RS4.

Actually I cannot think of any better car at the moment.

I'm not sure it the right thing to do but I am not sure either how many more Km I can do with it...

If a revised version of it (RS4+ or something like that) would be out soon I would have no doubt... but the fact that i'm not getting much for my old one and there is nothing "new" to the current RS4 on sale is putting me a bit off.

On the other hand if I can run it till 100k km and the current RS4 will no longer be on sale (probably the new one will not be on the market either) what will I change it with?

I really do not konw what to do!!! the R8 does not have 5 seats and a boot... the RS6 is a bit too much... the RS5 is just and idea.... but far away

The new M3 is probably a decent car... but I am not even thinking of it... it's a BMW

The new nissan gtr could be a good car... but is japanese :asian:

What would you do in my shoes??? How long do you think my car will last?

C63 AMG is probably the best choice then.

Is it even possible to order the RS4 nowadays? Unless it's a convertible.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

I wouls consider only the black series... but it's not 4WD... and is a merc.....

the cabrio is out of question... I rathor mount the pack rack on the R8 and load it with a materass than getting the RS4 cab!!!

Banned
    .......C63 AMG, no question. Maybe try a Lexus IS-F if you can live with the looks. If it HAS to be AWD... get the new STI/EVO and put the rest of the money in your pocket.

Dear MR USER,

drive your RS4 until the 2nd Quarter 08 and then go for the new S4.

Qisha

go for GTR, it has boot, it has 4 seats, it is faster than most of supercars, it has best gearbox in the world (bugattis gearbox is not included), it looks nice, and it is japanese what means it will last more than 150K km without a problem, it is nice everyday car, and after all it is the legendary GTR...
    Maybe BMW is better than Mercedes or Mercedes is better than BMW but there is one car which better then both of them together... 25 years quattro..AUDI

past: Nissan Micra K11 1.3 16 valve;
    BMW 325 1995 192hp(stock) Chip tuning up to 207hp.
    Present: Audi A4 2.8L V6 237hp (intercooling system, injection, chip tuning)

that is an option.... quisha... and not a bad one at all! Did not think about that... on the other hadn the "WOW" factor might not be the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear MR USER,

Qisha
    Qisha took the words out of my mouth. The S4 with Sports-diff will probably be very close in feel to the RS4, especially with the adaptive suspension and with it's supercharged engine it should feel pretty strong even in standard form.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by MR USER View Post
    that is an option.... quisha... and not a bad one at all! Did not think about that... on the other hadn the "WOW" factor might not be the same...
    Go for european version of GT-R!!!But you have to wait 2 years....

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear MR USER,

Qisha
    Just what I was meant to say !

Drive your car, and be relaxed, nothing will happend to it for another 50 000 km.

B8 S4 will be great car, and you will enjoy it as well.

After it, you can go for B8 RS 4... and so on.

the problem with japaneses cars is that it's cost less than german cars but it's more cheap (they can't egalise the interior and the exterior finition and quality of a pure german machine)

So if you want to stay in the same area I would take a c 63 or the new m3 sedan
    audi own

Banned
    People who saw the GTR say that the interior is very nice and a vast improvement over the older ones.

New M3......

I've had both....RS4 and M3 and must say i prefer RWD!!....much natural drive!...

Nissan GT-R. I'm already contimplating it myself.
    [IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q189/bushido01s4/mcaskyline.jpg[/IMG]

Hey MR USER

I have to keep you in the Audi family Audi B8 S4

But i think i can do it with a pure conscience:

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....612#post112612

The S5 is a hell of a good drive, some think it is very close if not superior to B7 RS4 in some areas.

Now imagine the B8 S4, same new platform with the addition of adaptive suspension, quattro sport differential, a very promising engine and not to forget all the toys (MMI, adaptive crusie control,...)

With some nice wheels and the right colour the wow factor should be there as well.

After all - the RS4 is a wolf in a sheepskin rug as well.

Look forward to your decision ,whatever make it will be.

Might be the first time at the Geneva Auto show in 2008 - and according to Quisa timeline they might show the S4 there. We will see.

Greetings
    seb.
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

I am considering several options... Yesterday I went to the nissan dealer. They do not have a clue... the only thing he had clear in mind is that I had to give him 10000 CHF for a preorder!!! I left with a big laugh! That is just nutts he was not able to give me a single usefull information but he had the guts to ask me for a deposit!!! 2 years before the car is released!!! Why in hell should I give him that kind of money??? Insane.

In any case... Audi has been really good with me so far and I will probably stick with them. I'll try to run my Rs for another 50k km to reach the 100 and will see from there...

The S5 is too heavy in my opinion... it does not feel as nimble and mean as the RS... may me in RS clothes will be different...

As for the S4... mmmmm Roadrunner you have a point!

As for the Geneva Show... why not organising to go together? A nice RS6 group. could be fun...

Banned
    A Saturday could be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MR USER View Post
    I am considering several options... Yesterday I went to the nissan dealer. They do not have a clue... the only thing he had clear in mind is that I had to give him 10000 CHF for a preorder!!! I left with a big laugh! That is just nutts he was not able to give me a single usefull information but he had the guts to ask me for a deposit!!! 2 years before the car is released!!! Why in hell should I give him that kind of money??? Insane.

In any case... Audi has been really good with me so far and I will probably stick with them. I'll try to run my Rs for another 50k km to reach the 100 and will see from there...

The S5 is too heavy in my opinion... it does not feel as nimble and mean as the RS... may me in RS clothes will be different...

As for the S4... mmmmm Roadrunner you have a point!

As for the Geneva Show... why not organising to go together? A nice RS6 group. could be fun...
    keep your RS4 for a little while is by far the best option and wait for RS5 or new RS4. Audi announced RS models much before on the production line...

If you would aks me I would also not find anything great currently to switch the RS4 to. M3 would be my closest choice but with sequential gear box only (which is not there yet anyway) or a Porsche C4S but Geneva wil probably shows the 997mkII with new FSi engines (so not the right think either...)

Stick to it my friend 50k km is nothing