Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RS6.com Julian Run

We should definitely put together another little trot in a few months, when Steve gets his awesome summer rims back on!

Angeles Crest Highway
    Glendora Mountain Road

Options abound!!

Last edited by DuckWingDuck; January 23rd, 2008 at 01:07.

Glendora Mountain Road
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GMR.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	6097  
    Last edited by DuckWingDuck; January 23rd, 2008 at 01:08.

By the way, I'm surprised nobody's mentioned them but I think DBLIPA's custom RS6 pedal are totally awesome.

I noticed those and wondered if they where OEM or aftermarket? If aftermarket, how close to the OEM are they for the PLUS?

There has to be an CAD engineer on this site or someone that knows one that can fab up some. The logo would the tough task.

Angeles Crest I have heard, from ProItalia guys in Glendora, is the one of the best roads around. I was thinking that the Ortega Highway (74) was the next route.

Ortega is definitely fun but we should do something closer to Richard and the LA guys. Us orange county/SD guys should troop up there once before we do something down here again

Angeles Crest Hwy over the mountains is a classic drive...once the winter snow melts and the road reopens, of course. Need to watch for CHP there, though, since it is heavily patrolled. The run down the other side to the Devil's Punchbowl is also lots of fun and usually wide open, and there's a fun return from there to SR 14 to LA via Mt. Emma and Soledad Cyn. roads or across SR 138 to I-15 to points East.

Northern Ventura County also has some outstanding backroads with lots of fine twisties and canyon carving.

For other ideas in the mountains north of L.A., check out the links at this site:
    http://www.lateralg.org/roads/orange/foothills.htm

Thanks for posting the pics DWD. Julian was a great day.
    SoCal

Current: S6 (2007), A3 2.0T (2008), RX-7 (1995)

Previous Audi: RS6 (2003)

A bit more looking at the map seems to me that Angeles Crest Hwy is just an extension off the Glendora Mountain Road and in fact they share the first stretch. In my map, we double back towards Glendora while Angeles Crest Highway continues on towards Wrightwood.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    By the way, I'm surprised nobody's mentioned them but I think DBLIPA's custom RS6 pedal are totally awesome.

Many thanks, DWD. In 2005 I started a thread on the pedals: http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7195

Some pics are shown in the original posts. Pedals were made by Ultimate Pedals (ultimatepedals.com), and I already have paid the setup fee for the RS6 logo. The painting was done by a friend of mine, and that task was a chore. The pedals in their unpainted form also look great. The quality of the product from Ultimate Pedals is top-notch, and I highly recommend the company.

Cheers,
    Bob W.
    2003 RS6 (Avus Silver) - now lives in CO
    2003 Mini Cooper S (Indi Blue/White) --- almost as hot as the RS6!
    2004 Lexus RX330 --- racing floor mats