Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RS5 to have 4.2V8 FSI 450hp

RS5 to have 4.2V8 FSI 450hp

RS5 to have 4.2V8 FSI 450hp

No turbos, twin turbos or anything else ... just a plains V8 (well, with FSI). True or not, I don't know for sure, but "johnybravo" posted a file with all Audi future production on some other forums, I will just re-post the link here.

RS5 4.2 FSI
    331 kW (450k)
    S-tronic7
    quattro
    production May 2010
    available Jul 2010

MYself, I like the number 450 for the hp, I am just wondering what's the tq for that engine (ussually it's not that much in such a high rev engine). But, it should be an improvement over the current 420hp 4.2V8 FSI.

that sounds more like a B7 RS4+ type of engine. i don't see how it could make much more torque. even with the S5 line weight loss i don't see how this car would be an evolution of the RS4's with that minimal of a gain. i expect the next RS4 and RS5 will have the same engine and that this engine will have to make close to 500 hp. the way i think it'll do this will be through some sort of forced induction. unless audi moves to a larger displacement with 4.5 liters it will need to turbocharge, supercharge, or twincharge the RS4 motor. doing so could yield 500 hp and 425 lb/ft of torque.

i am still at a quandary with what audi plans to do since even the V10 in the R8 will make less power and torque than this engine.

the other possibility is that audi will spend money on lighter parts for the RS4/5, maybe more aluminium and even some CF, instead of a brand new engine. doing so, with a weight loss of maybe 150 lbs over the S4/S5, and 30 more hp and a teeny bit of torque more than the RS4 engine, could potentially give us RS levels of performance too. but that is kind of a tall order....
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Supposedly lot's of new info about everything. Including many new engines. I am not sure how authentic the spreadsheet is.

Thats an interesting excel spreadsheet. Nevertheless i spotted some mistakes on it....whats the source? Perhaps compiled as a dealer schedule/forecast?

Also if the RS5 is due in 2010, its still too early to have finalised an engine (whether NA or turbo) and its respective spec.
    Truth In The Blacklist

Absoultely - 2 years befre RS5 start - too early to make final predictions!
    I am sure they are trying to install several engine options:-))))
    And later they will choose....
    Anyway - nothing extremely new in that information:-))

List is as accurate as possible. I was very supriesed that it leaked on the net. It is internal Audi Germany document that is part of bigger info pack that was sended to all European Audi importers.

As I previously said many times NO RS4 before 2011...

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    List is as accurate as possible. I was very supriesed that it leaked on the net. It is internal Audi Germany document that is part of bigger info pack that was sended to all European Audi importers.

As I previously said many times NO RS4 before 2011...
    So you can confirm the RS5 will receive 4.2 V8 at 450bhp? what about tq figures?
    HKS786

Hmmm, no mention of the TT-RS or Clubsport on there either. Or thought that these were both pretty certain for production, no?

Taz :eye:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    B7 Audi RS4 Avant - Phantom Black
    B6 Audi A4 3.0 Sport Quattro Convertible - Volcano Black
    B5 Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE Saloon - Hibiscus Red
    Seat Leon 1.6 SE - Bilberry Red
    Porsche 996 Carrera - Arctic Silver

Quote Originally Posted by HKS786 View Post
    So you can confirm the RS5 will receive 4.2 V8 at 450bhp? what about tq figures?
    About 460Nm...

Regarding TT-R and TT Clubsport... Clubsport will be not be produced. TT-R late 2010 but, TT-R is not approved yet by Audi HQ...

About 460Nm...

Regarding TT-R and TT Clubsport... Clubsport will be not be produced. TT-R late 2010 but, TT-R is not approved yet by Audi HQ...
    Thanks.

Thats not what Leadie hinted at..
    Truth In The Blacklist

...of course! Problem is that Leadie seems to forget that Porsche owns VAG... TT-R is great car but, its R5 engine can be used only in it! Since it is R(or RS) line model it can not share an engine with VW Sirocco for example. I would love to see TT-R but, chance are 50/50 currently...

why can this engine only be used in the TT-R?

There are a lot of other cars...

RS3 ... Scirocco, Golf...?!
    IMO it's also possible to put it in an A4, A5, A6 as a "normal" version?!

There will be NO RS3 for example. Simply said it is not economical to produce TT-R right now... It's future is in Porsche hands...

...of course! Problem is that Leadie seems to forget that Porsche owns VAG... TT-R is great car but, its R5 engine can be used only in it! Since it is R(or RS) line model it can not share an engine with VW Sirocco for example. I would love to see TT-R but, chance are 50/50 currently...
    I can only go on the info that is passed to me and what I was told is that the TT/RS has been built, my source has really experience of the thing and says it's incredible, so incredible in fact that Porsche has given a green light to the Cayman Turbo.

The last I heard was that the TT will be here next year, but the same was true of the RS5 but at present this story has gone very cold. I hope to provide some info soon but until then I can only go on what I know.
    Search and you will find the truth.

There is some mistakes on the list which leads me to believe it's a leak but with enough mistakes to leave people in doubt.

Meaning some info is correct and some is not.

I have almost the same list from Audi Germany and there are only minor differences...

Anyway, why all the long faces with only a possible 450hp in the RS5, if Quattro has put the effort in to reduce overall weight and more importantly weight form the nose then you will be getting one hack of a driver's car with all the all-weather ability of any Quattro plus very impressive performance to boot.

450hp + 1650kgs(inc75kgs) + 7sp S/Tronic =

You can already reduce weight very simply. Let's say that RS5 weight as much as S5 but, add Buckets(-16kg in comparsion with standard memory S5 seats) and Ceramics(-20kg) = pretty good value...