Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Can we start a ECU/TCU Sticky Thread?

no sweat, I might do it. Will def take pics when I do.

Hi - New here, I hope this post is appropriate and in the right place.

I've just bought an RS6 and look forward to tweaking it for improved performance. I live in Connecticut (SW part of the state) and would be very interested in finding out about any qualified shops in the Danbury to Stamford area that can handle performance upgrades, specifically ECU and exhaust.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome! Be sure to post some pics of your brand new beast. I don't think there are many in the Connecticut area but there are a few NYers on the boards.

The only shop I know of that's even remotely close to you is AWE Tuning: http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/info/map.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by Blindspot View Post

I've just bought an RS6 and look forward to tweaking it for improved performance. I live in Connecticut (SW part of the state) and would be very interested in finding out about any qualified shops in the Danbury to Stamford area that can handle performance upgrades, specifically ECU and exhaust.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
    [LEFT]Brian Rosenberg
    President
    ICS Performance
    377 Elm Street
    Stamford Connecticut 06902
    (203) 653-2394 Phone
    (203) 653-2399 Fax
    brian@icsperformance.com[/LEFT]

RS6 Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Blindspot View Post

I've just bought an RS6 and look forward to tweaking ........ performance upgrades, specifically ECU and exhaust.

Thanks!
    You might consider Strtmosphere
    http://www.stratmosphere.com/index.htm
    Several of us are very pleased with the O.CT tuning and Milltek exhaust
    Look at the 1st thread in this forum.

Regards, Jimmy S.

Thanks for your responses regarding modding my RS6.

Here is the first proposal I have received. The shop is reasonably local, and was quick to respond to my request for a modification proposal. The gentleman I spoke with was glad to answer my questions, and can do the mods more or less right away. Down time for me without the car will be two days, maybe three.

I do not intend to track the car - it is my daily driver. I'm hoping to retain the factory civility and drivablilty while adding performance - especially in the most useful range for real driving conditions - say 0 - 100MPH.

Any comments, suggestions, or advice regarding this proposal is of course appreciated. Also, your thoughts on how these mods are likely to improve performance will be invaluable.

OCT ECU Flash & Trans. Control Unit

Diverter Valves

Milltek Cat Back Exhaust

K&N Air Filters

H-Sport F/R Sway Bars

Cost: undetermined but roughly $6.5k installed (tax included.)

i'd highly recommend the racing cats from milltek to go with the ecu and chip upgrade.

Milltek Cats

Quote Originally Posted by peiserg View Post
    i'd highly recommend the racing cats from milltek to go with the ecu and chip upgrade.
    I'll second that! The spool up is noticeably quicker.

Jimmy S.

Just had the REVO flash program installed yesterday at Grossmans Tuning in Louisville, Ky and purchased the select box. John was a pleasure to work with. He explained each of the 35 parameters changed. All I can say is what a difference it is very noticable. Having had Z06's and ZR1's I'm not easily impressed. Grossman focus is on German vehicles. On kind off corny note the shop had a bunch of younger guys with assorted VW's, Audis and BMWs when I pulled in they at once surrounded my RS6 and all knew the specs and history of the car. One young guy with a VR6 saluted the car and said the Fuhrer is here I think he needs a full time job or a girl friend.

I'm sending the TCU to Hoppen Motorsports this week to have it switched to MTM specs. The DRC system is being completely replaced, so this is as good a time as any, since it'll be about 1-2 weeks more downtime while waiting for the parts to arrive. I'm having Audi remove/replace it, so unfortunately no pix for do-it-yourselfers. Hopefully I'll see the superfast gear changes that I've heard so much about. Being without the car is absolute TORTURE! Why, oh why, do I always seem to pull up next to cool cars now at every stoplight/open highway when I'm in a crappy rental car? And it smells like a tobacco company died in the passenger's seat, too! Beats walking, though, so I won't complain too loudly.

On another note, I switched the Revo back to stock mode via the SPS when I took the car in 2 weeks ago for a routine tune-up. The CEL had just come on (likely due to poor gas as mentioned on another thread) and they ran diagnostics on their VAG-COM and found no errors or even asked me if the car was chipped. Granted, there weren't any engine/tranny issues, so I'm sure they didn't look at it too closely, but they're usually pretty thorough, and I'm confident that my service advisor would have brought it up if they noticed it. This just confirms (in my mind, anyway) that the Revo flash is pretty "stealth," just as advertised. Also, I love being able to switch it back to a lower setting while I'm at the filling station if I can't get to any race fuel (which I usually try to put in it). It's getting pretty expensive, though, so I may cut back (but it's sooo addictive!!!).

Hi Rs Mad,
    The Figure That You Showed , I Assume Thats The Kw's On The Wheels ?
    I Am Sending My Ecu/tcu To John (dna ) This Week So Having A Few Dyno Runs First , But Got

175kw.380nm On The Wheels
    350kw.698nm On The Flywheel

Very Strange Fiqures ?

I Think I Must For Another Dyno.

Got the TCU back and installed. Mike Hoppen was great to work with! Still awaiting one more part for the DRC fix to arrive and then 1-2 days to put it back together before I can try it out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there won't be a last minute parts scramble for something else that comes up (I don't want to even hear the words "control arm").

So, you're using MTM TCU mapping with Revo ECU?

Yeah. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully like a bat outta hell!

ya, def. let me know how it goes. My service advisor's been pushing me to go GIAC, cuz, well, Garret's literally down the street from my house

Got my car back yesterday...
    Tune up- check.
    DRC completely replaced- check.
    MTM TCU upgrade- HUGE check!!!
    Wow! I love it! What a noticeable difference. The shift speed is so fast it borders on pre-cognition! Thanks to those of you who had got this done and sold me on it. Mike Hoppen @ Hoppenmotorsports was great.
    I use Tip mode almost exclusively, so this $100 up grade, plus the over-sized billet-aluminum paddle shifters I had got for it (also $100) completely transform the driving experience. Ok, well maybe not completely transform, since the bar was already high, but definitely worth it.
    On a side note, the service advisor now knows I'm chipped! I keep the prior service records in a neat little folder under the passenger floor mat, and guess where the TCU is located? Under the passenger floorboard. Doh! What started out as a one-day tune-up turned into a 3 week DRC replacement, and I figured I'd get the TCU done during the down-time. So, the Revo receipt was right on top of the records. Anyway, he didn't care (I had asked them to chip it before anyway, and they declined). Like I said on another thread, I get the impression that the service advisor's on my side, certainly not the aftermarket warranty company's. I had briefly told him the about the Revo flash/select box and he seemed intrigued.
    Anyway, time will tell about the replaced DRC (T+1 so far, so good). MTM TCU definite winner!

Great feed back on the MTM trans chip. I was wondering if i'd been imagining how much better the car felt after i'd done it... i can't even recall the factory shift speeds any more. Really glad that worked out.. Mike is excellent to deal with. Where did ya find the bigger paddle shifters???

Best regards. HS
    quality doesn't come in a twist off.

spidercat, take some pics of the paddles! As a general rule of thumb, I've found that service advisors for these higher end cars tend to be pretty cool guys.