Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we start a ECU/TCU Sticky Thread?

Start one up! Aarong, I still you haven't responded on the julian run thread either, are you down for 5/6 of Jan?

well ladies the OC.T. tuning is done on my car. THe audi guy says the car is hitting 17.5psi now (vs. 11.75 stock=1800 mb) and feels quite a bit faster. I've got 93 octane in the car right now and ambients are about 60F. I'm going to hit the dyno in the next week or so.

still not on the dyno yet, but I can add a little more info.

Stock my car was making 1550-1800 mb. Now it is 1850-2000mb. I've got the 93 octane in the car via a mix of 91 and 100. The temps are 50's-60s and rainy.

The car has been transformed into a red rocket. It's awesome. When I had the APR software loaded in, i couldn't feel the difference...and sure enough, on the dyno, there was no difference. This time, I definitely feel a change. How much remains to be seen. Likely this Friday with another RS6 owner.

How much did the chip cost you?

Also, does you get the OC.T offer a TCU chip as well or just the ECU?

I'm still trying to decide who to go with. Looks like OC.T, MTM or GIAC at this point.

Thanks!

O.CT provides both TCU and ECU. FWIW, I paid US$2000 earlier this year.

Did you order direct or get it locally?

I paid $2500 locally here in Phoenix AZ. Plus I had him do some pre and post logging via VAGinaCOM which cost me acouple hundred bucks. reason for that was the problem with apr i had originally.

The ECU is a flash. The TcU is a soldered chip from stratmosphere. I had tghem ship a tcu out first so i wouldn't have any down time waiting for the mail.

seat of pants feels like 35-40 awhp probably more torque. I think te chip promises 70ish tq and 50 hp.

Quote Originally Posted by peiserg View Post
    I paid $2500 locally here in Phoenix AZ. Plus I had him do some pre and post logging via VAGinaCOM which cost me acouple hundred bucks. reason for that was the problem with apr i had originally.

The ECU is a flash. The TcU is a soldered chip from stratmosphere. I had tghem ship a tcu out first so i wouldn't have any down time waiting for the mail.

seat of pants feels like 35-40 awhp probably more torque. I think te chip promises 70ish tq and 50 hp.
    Did you dyno??? I would be curios to see!

dyno on tuesday with jimmy stoner who also has rs6/milltek.

Anyone have a Revo flash? Opinions? I'd like to check it out. 515HP I've heard? No TCU however? Piggyback flash that can be removed/disabled back and tock chips left in place?

Dyno Results

Peiserg Dyno run followed by my Dyno run on Dyno Dynamics Dynamometer.
    My numbers were a bit disappointing. Full Milltek exhaust, I was using 91 Octane, 2 hour drive with the last 40 minutes in slow Phoenix traffic. About 30 minute cooldown before getting on the Dyno. Here's comparison to Base #'s from GIAC Dyno chart on their web site. (Different Dyno's!!)
    Hp - 308 vs theirs of 336. Tq - 290 vs thiers of 309 ft lbs.
    My numbers slightly down from Peiserg's when he dyno'd with Milltek & no chip.

Peiserg numbers with Full Milltek, O.CT chip and 93 Octane were impressive:
    Peak Tq - 422 at 3300 rpm (+ 114)
    Peak Hp - 370 at 6000 rpm (+ 61)
    Gerry's pleased with these results vs his prior "chip" attempt.

Regards,
    Jimmy S.

That's not much of an improvement over stock! 93 Octane

My DynoJet numbers with Stock (Sport Sound Stock Exhaust):

Max Total Power (HP) = 381.23 Max Total Torque = 389.81

So the HP goes DOWN and the Torque goes UP?

Run conditions: 59.71 F 29.26 in-Hg Humidity: 12% SAE: 0.96

I'm wondering if the Milltek is causing an HP reduction?

Sean

Dyno Comparison

Hi Sean,

I'm a complete novice at this Dyno stuff.
    I can see how the Milltek exhaust will change the shape of the cures. One would expect torque sooner and perhaps some power increase at higher rpm's.
    I have 39 track days in my RS6. On-track performance compares favorably to other stock RS6's. My seat-o-pants dyno says Milltek full exhaust gives much faster spoolup, quicker up thru the gears, than the standard exhaust (non-sound enhanced)! From what I've been told, the Sound Enhanced standard exhaust is a bit better on spoolup than what I had.

All that said, from what I've seen trying to learn about this stuff, its difficult to compare #'s from one dyno to another dyno, and, different #'s from one run to a run on a differend day on the same dyno??

For example, published Dyno charts I've seen:
    AWE using Mustang AWD-500 dyno, GIAC chip with 93 octane - 350 hp
    GIAC using their MD500 chassis dyno with their chip and 91 octane - 336 hp
    My #'s and Peiserg's numbers in my previous post on Dyno Dynamics.
    (Saw a Graph from "Gotboost", Dyno Dynamic, Ciac chip same #'s a Peiserg??)
    Your #'s from Dyno Jet.
    How does one compare these #'s?? It's confusing.

My run above was to baseline my car on that Dyno. After the car is chipped, I will compare these stock "chip" #'s with the chipped #'s from the same dyno. I expect seeing performance gains touted by the Mfg. (assuming climate conditions are not drastically different), If not, I'll chat with them and go to plan B.

I'll share the results.

Regards, Jimmy S.

for what it's worth, Jim's rs6, while posting somehwaqt lower numbers than mine, are very close in shape to my original APR "stock setting" chip run. I posted 318 hp and 330 tq. I replaced my dv's and bumped both about 15. so unless BOTH of our cars have serious problems, I'm going to attribute our initially dissapointing #'s to crappy gas and dyno variability. I seriously doubt that my car with 6700 miles on it has some huge mechanical issue causing problems vs. your car putting down 400 hp stock. Especially since i had car evaluated by Audi, as well as THREE audi specialty shops, including one with a guy who was the rs6 master tech for audi before he opened his own shop. they all said my car was normal/fine. Now if you guys can dyno with us and put us to shame, then I'd say i have an issue.

I'll try to upload the video me and a friend just shot. 99 octane with the oct + dv's + milltek. it is completely computer generated.

Update

I forgot to mention my Dyno run was with original DV's, 56K miles.
    After the Dyno run, I took my car to Audi for DRC repairs (all shocks due to leaking and central vavles replaced again, after only 5,500 miles, under 12K miles repair warranty). While there, I had them install Hyperboost DV's. Next Dyno run will have new Hypeboost DV's.

Jimmy S.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atvsLY2WAeo

ok this is the computer generated video of me from today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmln7Lu0Gwo

fwiw the car was pulling well past 165 on the speedo but there was computer generated traffic up ahead and therefore not prudent to proceed. I think had i enough road 180ish would be perhaps the limit.

and tonight with the temps about 45 F I've broken all 4 tires loose about 4 times doing ESP free launches and 5mph roll-ons. SO take that in your pipe and smoke it.

cooper - if youd like to see how much dyno's vary take your's back to where you had it dyno'ed at have another run and you may well be shocked!!

Standard RS6's make around 340-350WHP I assume your dyno is very favourable as my car was dyno'ed at 340WHP and has run a very similar ET and MPH to yours if your car was making 380WHP you would have run a much better ET and/or MPH id say.

peiserg - Take it to a track and when you get used to launching etc let us know how you go

Just my 2 cents.