Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: R8 5th gear car of the year

R8 5th gear car of the year

Just watched last night's fith gear, and they elected the R8 car of the year!!!!

Go R8!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles DLF View Post
    Just watched last night's fith gear, and they elected the R8 car of the year!!!!

Go R8!!!!
    still not a supercar

My guess is you don't really like the R8 do you?? I'd call it a supercar any day of the week...

Quote Originally Posted by stIm View Post
    still not a supercar
    Well if your not going to call it a supercar what the hell is it ? Probably a very very fast, gorgeous, stunningly well engineered, expensive normal car? Wait a minute arent all those catagories things supercars do?
    Wait get a brain then post an arguement longer than four words, using correct punctuation you retard.

Is there ANY sportscar that has come new on the market that has ever won this many tests and been elected as many times as the R8? I'm speechless!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by +44 Dave View Post
    Well if your not going to call it a supercar what the hell is it ? Probably a very very fast, gorgeous, stunningly well engineered, expensive normal car? Wait a minute arent all those catagories things supercars do?
    Wait get a brain then post an arguement longer than four words, using correct punctuation you retard.
    sports car you tossing ass wipe

ps shouldn't there be a comma after the wait in your last sentence and an and instead of the comma after engineered in your first sentence. Sort your own punctuation out before having a go at others DUMB ASS. Hypocrite moron

keep cool guys, stim give us your arguments, it could be interseting... maybe...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruergard View Post
    Is there ANY sportscar that has come new on the market that has ever won this many tests and been elected as many times as the R8? I'm speechless!
    money talks. It looks like a cut and shut Audi TT

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles DLF View Post
    keep cool guys, stim give us your arguments, it could be interseting... maybe...
    Well for a start only things such as an Enzo, F40, F50, Zonda, Carrera GT, Koeniss what ever its called , Mclaren F1, SLR etc are supercars, the rest are not.

Never seen another 'supercar' have to be advertised on TV, which isn't not for selling the car, its using it to promote its brand and sell lesser cars. De-values the R8 beyond all respect.

So if the R8 is a supercar, what will that make the R10, a super dooper car. How can an R8 be called a supercar when Audi already had have version with a V10 ready?? It aint like they are stripping out the car and adding anything but an engine.

If the R8 is a supercar it makes a mockery of the term and then what exactly isn't a supercar. Soon enough, by your terms of a supercar, nearly everything on the road will be one.

Banned
    Its only winning 'awards' because for the money its an excellent sports car. If you think its in the same league as say a 360 CS then you obviously haven't been near either car.

lol, trolls

I cant believe this is still going on. A lot of people accept it as a supercar, if you dont, then why cant you leave it at that? Also, what the heck is a supercar? that term can be is so vague now. Cars are getting more and more powerful and better than ever.

And why is the R10 a problem for the R8? Are you telling me that the supercar range isnt more of a spectrum? We both know some cars are way at the top and some are nearer the bottom. I think you need to read reviews about the R8 and see how impressed people are. Just look at the title of this thread! Clearly there's nothing wrong with Audi creating 2 supercars, one might be further up the spectrum than the other. It doesnt make the R8 any less of a supercar...

Also, lets look at your sig.

1. Clarkston is STILL impressed with the car. You're only showing half the story. Why dont you mentions the REMAINDER of the episode?

2. Same story. Why wont you tell people how it beat the 911 around their track and Hammond accepted it was better? and how much better was the porsche in the straight line? not much. I'll give you a screenshot if you want. And I think we're all old enough to know that straightline performance isnt everything...

ps. these thing happen, why dont you mention the new spypics showing what Audi have done to sort that?

Quote Originally Posted by stIm View Post
    Its only winning 'awards' because for the money its an excellent sports car. If you think its in the same league as say a 360 CS then you obviously haven't been near either car.
    Have I ever said that it's in the same league as a 360 CS? C'mon dude. Keep it real.

And for the R8 being a supercar, I'd say it's one of the best everyday-supercars ever made.

Banned
    Have I ever said that it's in the same league as a 360 CS? C'mon dude. Keep it real.

And for the R8 being a supercar, I'd say it's one of the best everyday-supercars ever made.
    Your term everyday proves beyond any argument or opinion that it isn't a supercar. No supercar can EVER have the term everyday anywhere near it.

So why hasn't anyone answered my question. If the R8 is a supercar, what is the R10 going to be.

Surely even you lot can't say that you can call a car supercar when its not even the top model in its own line.

Banned
    Have I ever said that it's in the same league as a 360 CS? C'mon dude. Keep it real. .
    But if you call an R8 a supercar, then you obviously call a 360 CS a supercar, yet you say the R8 isn't in the same league as an 360 CS - really confused now.

An Audi TT isn't in the same league as an R8, does that make the TT a supercar too ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS786 View Post
    I cant believe this is still going on. A lot of people accept it as a supercar, if you dont, then why cant you leave it at that? Also, what the heck is a supercar? that term can be is so vague now. Cars are getting more and more powerful and better than ever.

And why is the R10 a problem for the R8? Are you telling me that the supercar range isnt more of a spectrum? We both know some cars are way at the top and some are nearer the bottom. I think you need to read reviews about the R8 and see how impressed people are. Just look at the title of this thread! Clearly there's nothing wrong with Audi creating 2 supercars, one might be further up the spectrum than the other. It doesnt make the R8 any less of a supercar...

Also, lets look at your sig.

1. Clarkston is STILL impressed with the car. You're only showing half the story. Why dont you mentions the REMAINDER of the episode?

2. Same story. Why wont you tell people how it beat the 911 around their track and Hammond accepted it was better? and how much better was the porsche in the straight line? not much. I'll give you a screenshot if you want. And I think we're all old enough to know that straightline performance isnt everything...

ps. these thing happen, why dont you mention the new spypics showing what Audi have done to sort that?
    Man, seriously, your saying that a supercar DOES NOT have to be the best even in its own line ????????????? Thats a complete JOKE. R10 is simply an engine upgrade from the R8, how on earth can the R8 be a supercar if you can buy the exact same car expect this one is faster and more powerful.

Absolute jokers

My sig are a couple of quotes, when have you ever seen something quoted, say from a book, article, interview that contains the entire book, magazine or interview?

Hi Stim. So is one of the things you're saying: If a car can be used everyday that, by definition, means it can't be a supercar?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by audifan View Post
    lol, trolls
    lol TWAT