Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: R8 5th gear car of the year

Quote Originally Posted by r8ian View Post
    On another side point, i Never like to see members banned, especially those who actually buy and have ownership experience of the cars most of us like to talk about but don't have the means to buy. I think what happened on this thread is that stim is obviously a very passionate super car guy and an early insult thrown his way on this thread put him on the defensive. Then it seemed it was him vs the rest. IMO a lot of the stuff he has said on this thread i agree with. Its sad to lose a member who is passionate, knowledgable and willing to share thoughts and experiences because he's a little less PC and more opinionated than others. I love my Scuba Diving and use a diving forum to find out about the latest spots and we always get arguments and spats, but if you let things be, people get to know other people and generally, everyone turns out to be good people who contribute a lot to the forum, which is what we all want. I think this forum has lost someone who may have added a lot to the site. You guys are in charge and you make the calls but just my 2p worth.
    I guess he can always start a new user account with a different name and come back pretending to be someone else. Then we don't really lose anything.

Regarding residuals on this supposed R10 the story has been well known for a long time so most of the people who would have bought one, if they've done any research at all, should have taken that into account. Limited production of the car however should keep the effect down. It has that in it's favour.

Plus the balance of the car with the V8 is so good will always have a market: people willing to buy it or woodducks like people buying RS4's because someone told them to. The same effect could be said of a 911 to a 911 turbo I guess, if Audi price the big one far enough away it shouldn't cause huge problems.

I agree with the new account thing, he could come back with a new name and attitude and we would never know....well apart from Erik that is.

The V10 would most likely only effect this present day £30K premium that is being offered for the car, but who in their right mind would pay the same price for a R8v8 when you can get a R8v10.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Banned
    Hmm... join date October... but a reader for several months. First post in a "contested" thread. I think an IP check is in order. "Stim" getting "defensive". I never knew Blitzkrieg was a defensive tactic???? Well, live and learn.

M3_dude,

Unlike you, I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

Banned
    No-no, me too.

Well its seems my credability and honesty has been called into question from my very first post, which i find very childish i must say. I'm sorry if i have upset the 'gang' for speaking up for a banned member but i find it pretty short sighted to suddenly start throwing accusations around with zero proof at all, just circumstantial stuff from some wanna be Sherlock Holmes.

I wish you all well, but im simply not going to contribute to a forum where my credability has been called into question from post 1.

I welcome any IP address check from the moderators or any other check you do to find out your insinuation's are false and maybe we can all learn lessons.

Im pretty sorry i decided to post now. I have been reading another couple of Audi forums and may post photos of my R8 on these sites when it arrives. If any member of this forum happens to be a member on the other sites, feel free to copy my pictures on to this forum.

Thanks Ian

ps - Leadfoot - im not sure if you are being sarcastic or genuine, but i'd like to believe genuine - so thank you for your comments.

Banned
    Wow, wow, wow... Relax buddy. It's the Internet. Nobody slapped you with a glove and challenged you to a duel. Some perspective is in order here.

r8ian,

I think you clearly misunderstood my comments they were not directed at you and were in not way sarcastic.

They were directed to M3_dude in a way of saying lighten up, just because you were agreeing with stIm doesn't mean you were one in the same or going to act in the same manner.

Please don't judge a wayward remark and a misunderstood remark as a reason not to contribute, the only thing I disagreed with stIm was what the R8 was, surely grown adults can agree to disagree without it turning into a slagging match. You agree with him on this and I for one don't have a problem with that even if I sort of disagree, but in your defence you made some pretty good points.

So let me welcome you to the forum and hope you decide to stay.

I think the R8 looks like a supercar. But its performance is sportscar. 10 years ago it would've been a full blown supercar, but at a time when stationwagons have 570hp V10 turbo engines, you can't call the power of the R8 superior.
    Mazda MX-5 (Miata NB)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterJohn View Post
    I think the R8 looks like a supercar. But its performance is sportscar. 10 years ago it would've been a full blown supercar, but at a time when stationwagons have 570hp V10 turbo engines, you can't call the power of the R8 superior.
    Ehum, make that when stationwagons has 580hp V10 BiTurbo engines mate!