Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: R8 5th gear car of the year

Quote Originally Posted by stIm View Post
    Your term everyday proves beyond any argument or opinion that it isn't a supercar. No supercar can EVER have the term everyday anywhere near it.
    I think this is an excuse that Ferrari etc use when their so-called supercars can't be used daily for one reason or another, namely reliability.

So why hasn't anyone answered my question. If the R8 is a supercar, what is the R10 going to be.
    The R10, R8RS or what ever it's called will be an even quicker version of this supercar. Surely any dick would understand that.

Surely even you lot can't say that you can call a car supercar when its not even the top model in its own line.
    By your reckoning then the 599 isn't even a supercar because there is the ENZO at the top of the Ferrari tree. But oh yes, it isn't a supercar anyway, it's a GT car because of it's front engine placement.

There is not one thing you have added this time round that has moved your argument forward.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Light the blue-touch paper and....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I think this is an excuse that Ferrari etc use when their so-called supercars can't be used daily for one reason or another, namely reliability.

The R10, R8RS or what ever it's called will be an even quicker version of this supercar. Surely any dick would understand that.

By your reckoning then the 599 isn't even a supercar because there is the ENZO at the top of the Ferrari tree. But oh yes, it isn't a supercar anyway, it's a GT car because of it's front engine placement.

There is not one thing you have added this time round that has moved your argument forward.

1) They aint super cars anyway so your point isn't worth crap
    2) The R8 isn't a supercar and the R10 wont be either so you point is worth Crap
    3) Yet again, another member who cannot read. Im going pay for this forum to get proper english lessons. Is the Enzo in the same LINE as a 599, no. The 599 is not a version of an Enzo is it. Your point is worth crap and the 599 IS a GT Car, anyone who is worth their salt knows this.

ok, that Merc Mclaren SLR is not supercar, and lambo LP640. ok if all of the cars you claim to be supercars, are supercars that what is lamborghini reventon? there only 20 of them, and is is more extreme looking than any other car in the world, and it is fast.
    Maybe BMW is better than Mercedes or Mercedes is better than BMW but there is one car which better then both of them together... 25 years quattro..AUDI

past: Nissan Micra K11 1.3 16 valve;
    BMW 325 1995 192hp(stock) Chip tuning up to 207hp.
    Present: Audi A4 2.8L V6 237hp (intercooling system, injection, chip tuning)

Banned
    DITTO

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by El_cucaracha View Post
    ok, that Merc Mclaren SLR is not supercar, and lambo LP640. ok if all of the cars you claim to be supercars, are supercars that what is lamborghini reventon? there only 20 of them, and is is more extreme looking than any other car in the world, and it is fast.
    Reventon (which is hideous) will unfortuntly be a supercar. It will have the totally outrageous looks it needs, it will be more exclusive than any other modern car, it is out of reach of nearly everyone on this world. Although it pains me to say it, it hits pretty much all the supercar box's, yet it won't be that much faster than the LP640 and it will contain parts from an A3 probably

Banned
    So you guys obviously think a Porsche 997 S is a supercar too then ?????

This time round I will not try and reason with someone who will not listen to the majority.

In my opinion the R8 is a much more superior car then anything carrying the prancing horse on it's nose and the reason for this is it's abilities to all that they do will still being reliable and usable on a daily basis.

You are still a person with personal issues.

Banned
    This time round I will not try and reason with someone who will not listen to the majority.

In my opinion the R8 is a much more superior car then anything carrying the prancing horse on it's nose and the reason for this is it's abilities to all that they do will still being reliable and usable on a daily basis.

You are still a person with personal issues.
    Ha Ha, all the MAIN reason its NOT a supercar are your reasons for saying it is, holy god im going to crap myself laughing. The self proclaimed 'king of rs6.com', give yourself a pat on the back my son, for you are truly a funny funny man.

Only personal issue i have is trying to figure out if i should take malaria tablets for two nights in the Peruvian Amazon, oh i tell a lie, im also trying to figure out if it will rain for the NFL on Sunday too !

Thanks for the thought though

Banned
    This time round I will not try and reason with someone who will not listen to the majority..
    Think you need some history lessons my man

Ha Ha, all the MAIN reason its NOT a supercar are your reasons for saying it is, holy god im going to crap myself laughing. The self proclaimed 'king of rs6.com', give yourself a pat on the back my son, for you are truly a funny funny man.

Only personal issue i have is trying to figure out if i should take malaria tablets for two nights in the Peruvian Amazon, oh i tell a lie, im also trying to figure out if it will rain for the NFL on Sunday too !

Thanks for the thought though
    Sorry, when did I say that, if anyone holds that title surely it would be Erik, the founder of RS6.COM and the one who allows us all air time. Something you should remember before putting fingers to keyboard.

Well wadda you know fellas? Black's white and white's black. Now let's put all this polite chit-chat to one side and everyone just say what they really think. Don't hold back now.

Oh, hang on...

At the end of the day, does it really matter?

About the antimalarials...don't take any chances - try malranone which you don't need to take for ages before and after such a short visit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post

About the antimalarials...don't take any chances - try malranone which you don't need to take for ages before and after such a short visit.
    Yep, i have 10 Malarone tablets already. Take two day before i go into the amazon, 2 per day while im there and 2 per day for two days after i leave.

But they are not as effect as Malaria, but Malaria would make us feel like total shite for pretty much my entire trip.

Guess i have to hope the Mosquito's aren't carrying too much crap

Nets and repellant also worth taking, even though they're low-tech.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Nets and repellant also worth taking, even though they're low-tech.
    we are sleeping on the jungle floor with mats and sleeping bags in mosi nets already set up for us. GF decided it would be a good way to cure my total hatred and fear of snakes, then i reminded her of the spiders and she aint too confident anymore

The argument of whether or not the R8 is a supercar is really not that important. The fact is, the R8 is getting rave reviews and awards world-wide and its competitors are feeling the heat if not trying to catch up. I think the days of supercar classification soley based on raw speed and exotic looks are coming to a close. The R8, I think is a new breed, and exactly what audi intended it to be:
    Fast, comfortable, and composed. And honestly I think thats what the market wants right now (ie. look at the new m3). So what if it doesn't have the price of a ferrari and the reliablity of an Aston...

The Amazon is a big place, don't go and get yourself lost now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by audifan View Post
    The argument of whether or not the R8 is a supercar is really not that important. The fact is, the R8 is getting rave reviews and awards world-wide and its competitors are feeling the heat if not trying to catch up. I think the days of supercar classification soley based on raw speed and exotic looks are coming to a close. The R8, I think is a new breed, and exactly what audi intended it to be:
    Fast, comfortable, and composed. And honestly I think thats what the market wants right now (ie. look at the new m3). So what if it doesn't have the price of a ferrari and the reliablity of an Aston...
    The term supercar will never ever change for me, as all its criterea are set and doesn't change and finally you have got the point of the R8. Fast, comfortable, composed and really useable everyday, much like a most Porsche's and for me the exact reason it isn't a supercar. If you deem the R8 a supercar, give it 5 years and every bloody car with two seats and decent performance will be deemed a supercar and as a true supercar person, i can't see how anyone could accept that.

Audi have built a brilliant car for a specific customer base - its a brilliant sports car and, when the V10 comes out and the R8 residuals take a serious knock, i might get one as they will provide excellent value for money.

Unless some of these companies i invest in become billion £ companies, then i doubt i will ever be in the position to have more than 1 supercar in my garage. That supercar will be a black Ferrari F50 !

PS Aston Martins are NOT reliable. The electrics are crap, trust me, had one