Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: R8 5th gear car of the year

Quote Originally Posted by stIm View Post
    Your term everyday proves beyond any argument or opinion that it isn't a supercar. No supercar can EVER have the term everyday anywhere near it.

So why hasn't anyone answered my question. If the R8 is a supercar, what is the R10 going to be.

Surely even you lot can't say that you can call a car supercar when its not even the top model in its own line.
    Yes you can. That's why Clarkston said it REWRITES the term "supercar".

I answered it. and why not? are you saying just because "y" is more powerful than "x", that "x" is less of a supercar? clearly not. We both know that some supercars are WAY at the top and deliver HUGE amounts of power, but there are some supercars that dont have excesses of power but choose to deliver the power they DO have in the best possible way and are very well balanced machines. Ie the R8

Can everyone wind their necks in a bit please? We could have an interesting topic here, which won't happen in it descends into a slanging match.

Man, seriously, your saying that a supercar DOES NOT have to be the best even in its own line ????????????? Thats a complete JOKE. R10 is simply an engine upgrade from the R8, how on earth can the R8 be a supercar if you can buy the exact same car expect this one is faster and more powerful.

Absolute jokers

My sig are a couple of quotes, when have you ever seen something quoted, say from a book, article, interview that contains the entire book, magazine or interview?
    Firstly, you're the "joker" if you think the R10 is just an engine upgrade. Go look at spypics and you'll see it's body has been reworked etc.

I've never seen a whole book etc pasted in a sig, but people usually tend to put quotes that CONCLUDE or SUMMARISE the review. You clearly didnt, you just showed what you liked

Also, are you (Stim) saying that unless a car is the top model of its own line, it can't be a supercar? (Just trying to get to the detail)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Can everyone wind their necks in a bit please? We could have an interesting topic here, which won't happen in it descends into a slanging match.
    I know. I'm gonna stop responding now. I'm not sure if you know, but stim left here because he cant accept other peoples opinions. His words, not mines. I'm not gonna argue though. I'm just gonna leave it at that. I can accept that he wont agree with most of us on here, maybe he should try the same.

360CS barely has a radio , how can u compare it to R8, it is different class, audi R8 is everyday supercar, and 360CS is trackday car.....
    Maybe BMW is better than Mercedes or Mercedes is better than BMW but there is one car which better then both of them together... 25 years quattro..AUDI

past: Nissan Micra K11 1.3 16 valve;
    BMW 325 1995 192hp(stock) Chip tuning up to 207hp.
    Present: Audi A4 2.8L V6 237hp (intercooling system, injection, chip tuning)

Ok. I think we'd (well, nearly all of us) all agree that differing opinions are fine, when they are backed up with reason as opposed to mud-slinging posts made with fingers in your ears singing la la la la la

Quote Originally Posted by El_cucaracha View Post
    360CS barely has a radio , how can u compare it to R8, it is different class, audi R8 is everyday supercar, and 360CS is trackday car.....
    thanks for that

you guys are hilarious. stim and some of you others sound like little kids in a bus. after i got done laughing, however, i realized it's not cool though.

stim- this is your first warning about insulting people personally and directly. two others and you are out.

btw- this policy applies to all of you guys.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS786 View Post
    Yes you can. That's why Clarkston said it REWRITES the term "supercar".

I answered it. and why not? are you saying just because "y" is more powerful than "x", that "x" is less of a supercar? clearly not. We both know that some supercars are WAY at the top and deliver HUGE amounts of power, but there are some supercars that dont have excesses of power but choose to deliver the power they DO have in the best possible way and are very well balanced machines. Ie the R8
    Oh, right, im sorry Clarkson is the god of motoring and everything he says goes, even though he is simply an entertainer. Im my world, the term supercar cannot be re-written. Im sure you'll re-write it till an A4 or TT is deemed, Super

by the way, just for the record, you have totally and utterly missed my point and so won't bother with talking to you, i suggest you try and read my posts again and this time understand them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    you guys are hilarious. stim and some of you others sound like little kids in a bus. after i got done laughing, however, i realized it's not cool though.

stim- this is your first warning about insulting people personally and directly. two others and you are out.

btw- this policy applies to all of you guys.
    Am i the only person on this thread who has got a warning then ????

Stim - maybe if your posts were clearer then the points you're making wouldn't be missed? Or are you just not replying to my questions because I'm not biting back...if so, that must be the reason you're on here just now - to stir.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by El_cucaracha View Post
    and again we use the term EVERYDAY. A supercar is not everyday, my Ferrari 360 Modena is NOT a supercar, its compormised as it was created with everyday use and comfort in mind. NEVER EVER A SUPERCAR

I'm sorry about responding to what he said, but he's been here before and done the exact same. He insulted me before when I though in MY opinion that the R8 has more presence than the Vanquish. Most people here can exchage thoughts and agree or disagree, but we all respected him before and he decided to leave because he "couldnt accept our opinions". Those are his words, not mines.

I cant understand why he came back, he said he wouldnt and he did.

Am i the only person on this thread who has got a warning then ????
    I'll treat it as a warning to me too. I shouldnt have called you a "joker" back when you called me it. I should have just ignored your posts.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Stim - maybe if you're posts were clearer then the points you're making wouldn't be missed?
    Im being as clear as daylight. I get called a retard, yet im the only one with a warning. Some rules for one and other rules for others - stinks.

A supercar is something that is created to be the ultimate. Its un-compromised, outrageous, seriously exclusive and rare, totally different from the norm and looks like nothing else.

I do not consider a Lambo Gallardo, Ferrari 355,360 or 430 and cars such as this to be deemed supercars. They do not fit into the criterea.

F40, F50, ENZO, Zonda etc, these a true supercars, these are the top of the line cars with huge performance, totally outrageous, very rare and beyond the reach of the norm. The first car deemed a supercar was the Lambo Muira. Why? Because it was so far out of reach of most. The numbers the R8 will be sold in show its not a supercar. Same with modern day Ferrari's, sold in massive numbers and totally compromised.

Start with an F40, stick and F50 next to it, then an R8 and then a Zonda - then tell me the R8 is anywhere near being a supercar

Banned
    . I'm gonna stop responding now..
    good, then people who know about cars can talk

Banned
    I'll treat it as a warning to me too. I shouldnt have called you a "joker" back when you called me it. I should have just ignored your posts.
    joker is fine, don't care about that. I want to know what punishment or warning was handed out to the degenerate who called me a retard. Im guessing nothing