Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton robbed of the title.

Hamilton robbed of the title.

I suppose almost everyone watched the last GP race in amazement as to how young Hamilton could have so much misfortune. Well I have a theory to what happened.

Remember what Mr Ecclestone said, namely he wanted Alonzo the win and not Hamilton because his career is just starting, well it is very unusual for a British person not to be supporting a fellow countryman don't you think. Is it possible a deal was done with regards to the $50M not being paid in return for Ferrari being given the title on both fronts (Constructor's and Driver's). Could McLaren or someone else fixed Hamilton's car to develop this fault plus why make him three stop when all the other front runners were on a two stop race, this effectively destroyed his chances of getting to fifth place which he was easily on the cards to get to, there is lots of this last race which don't add up to me.

Is it a case of too much caffeine.:trash:

Maybe but with this latest development regarding fuel in both the BMW and Williams cars which might reposition young Hamilton into the Driver's title stranger thing can come true.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Young Hamilton screwed it up himself. All he needed to do was finish in position 5 in either of the last 2 races. Instead he wanted to win it with a win, and did not. In China the mistake was by driver error. In Brazil the car was not reliable -such is racing. Cars tend to get technical problems when you treat them the way Lewis did, sliding over kerbs.

But what ever the outcome, the one with most points deserves the championship, congratulations Kimi!

And I fail to see the logic, that BMW and Williams drivers would lose points for the minor fuel temperature error, when McLaren drivers got to keep the points after the spying episode. So lets just celebrate Kimi

I'm a Brit and am glad that Kimi was crowned Champion. He came from nowhere to snatch the Title from the squabbling Maccers. Made them look like Class A Plonkers.

I find it truely amusing how Mclaren and "I'm a smug git" Ron Dennis have managed to utterly balls up this season. They had everything, and have finished with nothing. Ron needs to learn to be a better loser and a more gracious winner.

Hamilton is going to be Champion sometime. However yesterday he did have misfortune, but the same can be said of Kimi and Massa during the season. Hamiltons just came at completely the wrong time. He also made some driver errors yday, and relied very heavily on the other drivers being very kind to him when he was passing them. The move on Barrichello was a disaster waiting to happen, well done to Rubens for avoiding a collision.

With regards to the fuel issue, i think precedence has already been set for this back in '98 i think. The teams were deducted constructor's points, but not drivers. Sounds familiar...a'la this year with the whole Spygate fiasco!

Taz
    Last edited by tazsura; October 22nd, 2007 at 15:15.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    B7 Audi RS4 Avant - Phantom Black
    B6 Audi A4 3.0 Sport Quattro Convertible - Volcano Black
    B5 Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE Saloon - Hibiscus Red
    Seat Leon 1.6 SE - Bilberry Red
    Porsche 996 Carrera - Arctic Silver

Great race now that Schumi is gone.

I guess Hamilton lacked the experience and coolness that some other driver have.

Btw, my avatar is cooler than yours Leadie
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

I'm HUGE McLaren fan and all I can say to Ferraris title is

Hamilton deserved title !

He is 24, and he show them how F1 should be driven !

No calculations, no team orders, just racing... McLaren is only team in F1 that don't have no. 1 and no.2 driver, they are both no. 1 !

If McLaren had 1-2 filosofy, it would now have double more titles than it has.

Why Massa let Raikkonen overtaking him yesterday... WHY ?

He should quit racing after all this.

Last word on the street is that there might be some problems with the fuel ammount in the BMW cars. So if these are disqualified for "cheating" Hamilton with grab the title after all.... (Info from a Danish newspaper)
    " I Am A Driving God! "

Quote Originally Posted by Bingocaller View Post
    Last word on the street is that there might be some problems with the fuel ammount in the BMW cars. So if these are disqualified for "cheating" Hamilton with grab the title after all.... (Info from a Danish newspaper)
    I think the problem with this was, that the fuel they put on some of the cars were too cold. Fuel becomes more dense, when it's cold and therefore they could have a bit more fuel in the tank.

But again - what a shame Hamilton didn't win.
    Audi - Vorsprung Durch Technik

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Great race now that Schumi is gone.

I guess Hamilton lacked the experience and coolness that some other driver have.

Btw, my avatar is cooler than yours Leadie
    I was wondering when someone would notice that, it's for the benefit of RussianM3_dude but clearly he's not the die-hard fan I thought he was.

Quote Originally Posted by MPT View Post
    I think the problem with this was, that the fuel they put on some of the cars were too cold. Fuel becomes more dense, when it's cold and therefore they could have a bit more fuel in the tank.

But again - what a shame Hamilton didn't win.
    It's surprising how much of a difference this could have made to when these two teams had to pit and how long they could run for.

Regarding young Hamilton's mistakes, granted he was a bit inexperienced where he got himself positioned stuck in behind Kimi at the first corner allowing Alonzo to nip through but the running wide at the corner I believe was gearbox error and not his.

China was again not his error but the teams, leaving him out to long was their decision, after all they are the ones reading the data from the car and knowing how much fuel etc is in the car. The decision to make Hamilton pit three times is the strangest decision of the lot, for starters this added 20 seconds or more to his race and because of this made he have to re-pass drivers more than once.

Also regarding the spying scandal, I believe the sacked Ferrari team member was also meant to have info on McLaren's cars but again this seems to have been swiped under the carpet. Ferrari do seem to have different rules which apply to them alone, and before someone thinks I believe McLaren should have gotten away scot-free I am not thinking this, but the punishment does not fit the crime. If I am right in thinking, as soon as Ron Dennis became aware of this he informed the FIA, in other words the team weren't grassed up they were the ones to info of the situation and also was there any proof that Ferrari designs were present on the McLaren car.

I believe the main person with most of the info regarding the Ferrari as none other than Mr Alonzo, maybe he should have been the one to get punished and not the team itself.

Honestly I stopped watching F1 last year after all the insane rules to promote safety and cost "reduction". Watching the cars pit and a bunch of fools just poke temp gauges into the tires was sickening. No tire changes? Please. Then, no more V10s? Will have puny little V8s... Please.

Then watching all the politics of Mr. Ecclestone's massive ego get bigger and bigger.. no thanks. F1 is now worse than NASCAR in my eyes. A sick joke of what it used to be just a few years back.

Personally, I'm glad Kimi stuck it to McLaren. As tazsura said, he came from NOWHERE to snatch the title away from the rookie. Hamilton is great, and I'm sure he'll win a championship in the future, but I'm sick of McLaren (not a huge fan of Ferrari though) and sick of all the big wigs. Good for Kimi. Stick it to the old bosses.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Sorry, all driver errors. We have to remember he's a rookie. Astonishingly, those were only his second and third major mistakes all season. He's had a tremendous season, but ultimately experience beat out youth and inexperience.

He could have won the championship twice. Easily. 2 points in 2 deciding races a champion does not make.

And now he has apparently admitted to having accidentally pressed the startup sequence button, which means there was no transmission failure.

As great a run as he had, chalk it up to being a rookie. Nerves got him good.

Well deserved win by Kimi. He took all the points he needed when it counted. GREAT racing all season. (I was at Interlagos for the race, btw, awesome experience).

I hope he has as good a car next year and I hope he has a team driver who is a team player this time as Alonso was only interested in himself. You are right he was a rookie, but quite possibly the best rookie ever, better than Senna, Mansell or Schumacher. He will win it someday but it would have been quite something if it had have happened this year.

In my opinion he is in a league of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I suppose almost everyone watched the last GP race in amazement as to how young Hamilton could have so much misfortune. Well I have a theory to what happened.

Remember what Mr Ecclestone said, namely he wanted Alonzo the win and not Hamilton because his career is just starting, well it is very unusual for a British person not to be supporting a fellow countryman don't you think. Is it possible a deal was done with regards to the $50M not being paid in return for Ferrari being given the title on both fronts (Constructor's and Driver's). Could McLaren or someone else fixed Hamilton's car to develop this fault plus why make him three stop when all the other front runners were on a two stop race, this effectively destroyed his chances of getting to fifth place which he was easily on the cards to get to, there is lots of this last race which don't add up to me.

Is it a case of too much caffeine.:trash:

Maybe but with this latest development regarding fuel in both the BMW and Williams cars which might reposition young Hamilton into the Driver's title stranger thing can come true.

And what actually happened was....

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...22220432.shtml

Doh...

"Being promoted after some people have been thrown out is not the way I want to do it," he told Reuters.

His thoughts also went to Ferrari driver and provisional title holder Kimi Raikkonen: "To have it taken away is a bit cruel and probably not good for the sport."

Good for Hamilton. At least he has the common sense that Dennis completely lacks.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    [I]

Good for Hamilton. At least he has the common sense that Dennis completely lacks.

Ben
    Exactly. Well done Lewis.

BTW Everyone seems to have forgotten what Jacques Villeneuve did in his Rookie year in F1. He took Pole in his first race, and had it not been for an oil leak and teeam orders, he would have won the race rather than finish second. He won i think his fourth race and three others during the season. And he also took the championship to the final race, eventually finishing runner-up. Not bad for a rookie season hey...

Taz
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    B7 Audi RS4 Avant - Phantom Black
    B6 Audi A4 3.0 Sport Quattro Convertible - Volcano Black
    B5 Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE Saloon - Hibiscus Red
    Seat Leon 1.6 SE - Bilberry Red
    Porsche 996 Carrera - Arctic Silver

Good point Taz as I forgot about Jacques. Perhaps Hamilton, like Jacques, will be driving NASCAR in the not too distant future.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

It was Hamilton's to win or lose. He will not make the same mistakes twice. The "Iceman Winneth" Go Kimi! If anyone deserves to win, it was him. If it wasn't for crap luck he wouldn't have any at all. He finally got some. David Hobbs was asking near the end of the race, " Where is the black helicopter with the anvil to drop on Kimi's car".
    I like Hamilton, but the win went to the right person IMHO.

[IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q189/bushido01s4/mcaskyline.jpg[/IMG]