Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Audi TTS update.

Audi TTS update.

I have seen the new TT-S in the color Red.
    The TT-S will have a complete new front bumper with a semi hovering SFG with S-specific vertical chrome bars, S-Line style rear bumper and sideskirts with new design, fog lights with chrome ring, aluminium side rearview mirrors, horizontal LED's in headlight like RS6 and new facelift S8 style wheels.
    The engine is still rumoured to be a 2.0TFSI with 265-280 hp.
    Debut will be on the Tokio Motorshow end this month.

I'm not sure i like the new front bumper/grill based on the quick view i had.

Hans.

Banned
    What's a semi-hovering SFG?????

I suspect the price will be .... Ouch!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RussianM3_dude View Post
    What's a semi-hovering SFG?????

I suspect the price will be .... Ouch!!!!
    It look like the bottom of the SFG is not connected with the lower part of the front spoiler.

Hans.

Banned
    What's a SFG????

Quote Originally Posted by RussianM3_dude View Post
    What's a SFG????
    SFG= Sigle Frame Grill.

Hans.

I can't wait to see the TT/S in the fresh so to speak. I am still happy that the 2.0TFSi is the chosen engine as it's the best choice with regards to tuning, weight and character (apart from engine note). I still hope the option of a factory power pack is offered.

Hans, no pics for us yet. PLEASE.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Hans, no pics for us yet. PLEASE.
    Sorry mate, Embargo till Audi release the pics them self.
    I will not jeopardize my Audi connection for that.

Hans.

BTW, what is wrong with the signatures.

About the signatures...

Bad news - IMG tags = image tags = pictures in your signatures have been disabled. This will give the forum a cleaner look.
    http://www.rs6.com/forum/profile.php?do=editsignature

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    About the signatures...

Bad news - IMG tags = image tags = pictures in your signatures have been disabled. This will give the forum a cleaner look.
    http://www.rs6.com/forum/profile.php?do=editsignature
    OK thanks.

Hans.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Sorry mate, Embargo till Audi release the pics them self.
    I will not jeopardize my Audi connection for that.

Hans.

BTW, what is wrong with the signatures.
    Fair point, I have had to sit on info before so I totally understand.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks iceman

looking forward very anxiously to tokyo.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

I am still happy that the 2.0TFSi is the chosen engine as it's the best choice with regards to tuning, weight and character (apart from engine note).
    Yeah, keep ignoring the I5 this car should have gotten
    Stupid GTI 4-pot...

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaS6 View Post
    Yeah, keep ignoring the I5 this car should have gotten
    Stupid GTI 4-pot...
    Yeah I know and agree that a five cylinder engine would have been the idea choice which I doubt anyone would have disagreed with but for one reason or another the logic's of it meant it wouldn't fit.

If Hans is right though there still is a chance we will see a five cylinder yet, though it might be positioned in the same manner as the A4 and above.

Yeah I know and agree that a five cylinder engine would have been the idea choice which I doubt anyone would have disagreed with but for one reason or another the logic's of it meant it wouldn't fit.

If Hans is right though there still is a chance we will see a five cylinder yet, though it might be positioned in the same manner as the A4 and above.
    I think we could see a 5 cylinder engine. Remember that source said we might see one that will rival the 335i engine? who knows though...

Regarding the TT-S, I think we can learn some things from the Clubsport Concept. It did have those LEDs in the headlights. It also had the 2.0 TFSI engine (over 300bhp), RS style exhausts, 20'' RS4 style wheels, ceramic brakes, wide arches and huge intakes on the front bumper. I loved the way the exhausts were more included in the rear bumper design...

Also, the interior sported an RS style steering wheel, great sound system etc. There was also the dual clutch gearbox...

Quote Originally Posted by HKS786 View Post
    I think we can learn some things from the Clubsport Concept. It also had the 2.0 TFSI engine (over 300bhp)
    My key learning was that it's probably an important trend to be on the downsizing bandwagon these days, even if the engine will have to create more than half of it's power just from the turbo. Maybe it's a matter of getting used to it, but I'd go crazy in a car where one has to drive constantly close to the rev limiter to get the responsiveness and power you'd expect from a 300+hp engine.

Apart from that I agree though, the visual changes are a plus, but that's nothing that makes you buy that car if you don't like the technical spec, i.e. the engine.

I'd rather go for a slightly uglier design, e.g. BMW Z4M, if it has the better engine, and I don't see a 2l turbo engine making a dent compared to other sporty 2+2 seaters. Except for fuel efficiency maybe, but that's a rather ironic merit for a car in the sporty segment

SimgaS6,

So basically you are from the school of thought that would pick a big V12 engined supercar over something like a GT2 Porsche just because it's go a "NA" engine and bags of revs. I can understand your views though I don't share them, I think if a car out performs, out handles and visually looks superior then what the engine is or sounds like is the least of my concerns.

The quality of turbo engines are at such a level as to dismiss them pure on that fact is plain silly, I agree that sound wise I too would prefer a bigger V6 or V8 engine over a in-line 4 but that would stop me from purchasing what would be a brilliant car.

The very tuning options available to a turbo engine over a NA engine makes it a much better option at this price level. You have to remember that this car will be no more than £33K and that will be with a spec much superior to it's main rivals. I don't think BMW would sell any more 335i cars if it happened to have as much power but was N/A instead of turbos.

So basically you are from the school of thought that would pick a big V12 engined supercar over something like a GT2 Porsche just because it's go a "NA" engine and bags of revs.
    Nah, I'm not that stubborn

Take a look at the Carrera Turbo, that's probably the finest example of a well engineered and extremely harmonic engine: maximum torque continuously from 1950 up to 5000 rpm. I'd trade in a displacement-only engine for such a beauty any time.

But a 2l 4 cylinder can be as high powered as they can make it, I wouldn't be interested. Even with 400hp it's still restricted to 2l, which will always be a dominant factor for the overall experience. And it will always have the 4 cylinder standard sound, so not even the best engineers in the world could make it S-worthy for me.

The very tuning options available to a turbo engine over a NA engine makes it a much better option at this price level.
    I agree, as soon as you take the price into consideration the 2l engine gets attractive, but then again that's a curse as well. The next Golf GTI will get the same engine but with 250hp, so the TTS will suddenly be in the same league as the GTI (or vice versa, depending on the viewpoint). Maybe it's me, but I've always seen the S-models of audi outside of that economically priced yet somehow fast and therefore attractive to young buyers league.

Even the S3 was able to keep a noticable distance to the current GTI. Not sure if VW is just getting better or if Audi is losing it's leadership, but the TT starts to get a bad example for Audis capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaS6 View Post
    I agree, as soon as you take the price into consideration the 2l engine gets attractive, but then again that's a curse as well. The next Golf GTI will get the same engine but with 250hp, so the TTS will suddenly be in the same league as the GTI (or vice versa, depending on the viewpoint). Maybe it's me, but I've always seen the S-models of audi outside of that economically priced yet somehow fast and therefore attractive to young buyers league.

Even the S3 was able to keep a noticable distance to the current GTI. Not sure if VW is just getting better or if Audi is losing it's leadership, but the TT starts to get a bad example for Audis capabilities.
    Firstly the GTi will not have 250hp, tops will be 225hp will is in my opinion based on my experience of the wife's GTi 25hp too much as the current one is a handful for a fwd chassis.

You have to remember that the TT is basically a A3 dressed in a nice suit and even if it's alloy/steel shell improves the balance and handling it will never totally shake off it's roots. But in fairness the new chassis is possibly the best balanced fwd based chassis currently available, the Renault Megane R26 out grips it but this is down in no small part to having a LSD. When you give the TT in 2.0TFSi form the quattro chassis you improve the grip hugely and also improve the balance even more to the point when you are no longer looking at 59/41% front to rear but more like 55% or even 54% at the front which is something unheard of with a fwd based chassis. This thing will perform and possibly even out grip that amazing Cayman chassis which in this sector is the best by quite a bit.

Only when we finally see the spec and the group tests will we fully appreciate what Audi have achieved with the TT/S. Personally I reckon it won't be another R8 but I reckon it will get similar praise when one take into consideration the price bracket it is in.