Thread: Parking Sensors

Parking Sensors

Not wanting to crash my car to find out if they worked or not, I figured that I would reach out here for help.

My rear parking sensors work wonderfully but I am quite unsure about my fronts. Frequently, I would pull up very close to a vehicle in front of me yet the parking sensors in the front won't beep. Is it a sensitivity issue?

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    Not wanting to crash my car to find out if they worked or not, I figured that I would reach out here for help.

My rear parking sensors work wonderfully but I am quite unsure about my fronts. Frequently, I would pull up very close to a vehicle in front of me yet the parking sensors in the front won't beep. Is it a sensitivity issue?
    Our cars (US version) didn't come with the front sensor option. If you look closely at the sensor "cut outs" in front, you'll see they're blanks.
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

GOOD TO KNOW!! Thanks much, crash averted.

Get out and drive

That is funny, blanks ...

Quote Originally Posted by snoopra View Post
    Our cars (US version) didn't come with the front sensor option. If you look closely at the sensor "cut outs" in front, you'll see they're blanks.
    Your statement is not completely correct. The lemon law RS6 that I drove earlier this year had the sensors barking at me when I was pulling into a parking spot.

you must be the only one...wish i had them.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Your statement is not completely correct. The lemon law RS6 that I drove earlier this year had the sensors barking at me when I was pulling into a parking spot.
    Don't know what you were driving, but as stated above, U.S. cars were not so equipped.
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

Quote Originally Posted by LIRS6 View Post
    Don't know what you were driving, but as stated above, U.S. cars were not so equipped.
    Isn't this Chevy Citation X11 forum?!?

Since you can't drive or touch it, it must not be real.

help me please my audi family.

ive got the same problem with mine so i figured the front ones werent installed and i need all the help i can get i am a paraplegic and am in a wheelchair.i have my beast all handicapped equipped and it is sooo gorgeous.i am wondering guys do thr ricardo seats come in black to match my factory black guts.and who makes the best upgrade in horsepower for my beast mtm or giac?i have a chip in my car.is this the same as what mtm and giac sells?it was probably put in when the car was bought.my car has an in service date of the 6th month in 2004.would that chip have just been a chip only without the engine and tranny program?and i didnt buy this beast new or from a audi dealer.so i dont know what chip i got.how could i find out what chip i got.i do have the factory chip in a little bag tho.it is about the size of the button on a calculator.the 568 horsepower upgrade from mtm will it come with a chip as well as a program for the engine ecm and the tranny ecm?and how much is it logical for me to put mtm or someones elses racing lightwaight wheels on it and mtms exhaust and pipes and maybe even dump pipes to make this all work together?what about changing the turbos?my car only has 37,000 miles and was babied.it is a one owner and has never been to a track in its life.i waant it to be fast as i can get it for around 10,000 dollars.and this 10,000 dollars is for everything i can do to it to make the most increase in horsepower including the wheels.wheels are aroung 5 grand so this only leaves me with around 5 grand to spend on other upgrades.what should i get with this 5 grand to make the most difference and the mosst horsepower.as any smart guys motive of course i dont want to do anything to the car that will hurt it.but the service guy at my audi dealership in houston only sees 3 rs6s other than mine.and he says mine is the cherriest of them all.but he says that what audi dosent know wont hurt them,when i asked him about if aftermarket upgrades would void my warranty.so he will take care of me if possible.what i want to know is can audi tell if a vehicle has been altered by reading the computer on the car if something were to happen to say my tranny or the computers?how much better will different turbos by stk make my car perform?how many horsepower does just the turbos pull?would someone just put together a package of all of the upgrades that i can do to my car to optimize horsepower on my car and be realistic.if dump pipes are 2500 dollars for the performance ones and only boosts my hp by 3 or 5 hp then is it really worth 2500 dollars i dont think so or is it best if all this stuff works together?i just bought my beast and i have sooooo many questions about it.someone please help.and does the german ricardo seats come in black and do they have all of the same functions as my factory seats?