Thread: 2008 Audi R8 - Dyno Run.

2008 Audi R8 - Dyno Run.

At the wheels:

338 hp @ 7500 rpm.
    275 lb-ft @ 5100 rpm.

Movie.

That look not good IMHO, a lost of 82 hp.

Hans.

4wd takes its toll unfortunately... 20% vs. 10% for good RWD-cars, I can live with that.. otherwise you can do as Audi is doing with the 2008 RS6 - (and BMW usually does) put more power to the engine than specified..
    Audi Q5 3.0TDI | S-tronic |S-line| Daytonagrey Met. '09

I know I keep going on about this but dyno figures are very objective when testing awd systems and some awd system lose less power than others, I reckon quattro must be one of the best regarding to this as equally powered cars (M3 and RS4) produce equally close times and this includes the fact that the RS4 weighs in over 150kgs more. I reckon that the Lamborghini sourced system in the R8 is anywhere near as efficient, again based on times against similar powered cars namely the Carrera S.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Drive-line-losses are a constant, I think for instance BMW has for a long time added more power than stated in order to get good performance, especially with their more performance oriented cars (M5, M6, 335i for instance)

There's a good site were you can check out certified dyno-figures for many cars (Swedish Rototest, who makes tests for car industry/magazines);

http://www.rri.se/index.php?DN=29
    Audi Q5 3.0TDI | S-tronic |S-line| Daytonagrey Met. '09

Leadfoot,

of course R8 cankeep up with Carrera S - Carrera S has 355 hp instead of 420 hp for R8. So at the wheels they are more or less the same.

In my opinion, new RS6 will have at the wheels 480 - 490 hp, and M5 has about 440 hp. So takeing into consideration their weight difference of 12-14%, we get more or less the same perfomance figures.

The RS6 has over 150+ lb/tq more than an m5. M5 has like 350 and rs6 has around 500 but down quote me.
    10' B8 S4 6MT- GIAC S1, Injen Intake, AWE Catback
    93' C4 S4 5MT- VEMS, GT30R, Built Motor etc...

It doesn't mean that much if we talk about 7-speed ultra-fast SMG and effective gearing. The losses will be noticeable only on the 1st gear.