Thread: MacLaren vs Ferrari scandal.

MacLaren vs Ferrari scandal.

I doubt anyone hasn't heard of this scandal that has cost MacLaren not only their World Constructor's Championship but $50M as well.

Well it seem that the Ferrari Guy who got sack over everything has put a spanner in the work for Ferrari and stated that info on MacLaren was being feed back to Ferrari. I don't know how true the facts are but it meant to be in the news and papers over here.

This begs the question, if true will Ferrari receive a similar punishment. If so then for me it's a double edge thing, glad to see Ferrari get what is coming to them but sad because it would now mean BMW winning the Constructor's Championship.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Banned
    I seriously doubt that. The difference between McLaren and Ferrari is that McLaren had the documents while all Ferrari got (if they did, which is unlikely) is gossip.

This whole season has been a farce.

Bring back the dream team of Schumi and Brawn!

Taz
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    B7 Audi RS4 Avant - Phantom Black
    B6 Audi A4 3.0 Sport Quattro Convertible - Volcano Black
    B5 Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE Saloon - Hibiscus Red
    Seat Leon 1.6 SE - Bilberry Red
    Porsche 996 Carrera - Arctic Silver

Banned
    Better yet, fire that blood-sucking gimp Ecclestone and the closet Nazi Mosely (why on earth is the administrator of a series got so rich of it that he can just buy it... and they say Russia is corrupt, head of F1 should not have ANY financial stake in the series.) ban traction control, allow different engine configurations but reduce aero support to just front and rear. No more of those dozens of winglets all over a car.

I must agree that both Ecclestone and Mosley in my opinion don't have the sport's interests at heart, money is the only thing driving both of them and the very fact that MacLaren were given such a ridicules punishment but if the above is true I very much doubt Ferrari will be given something similar. In fact if it had have been Ferrari there instead of MacLaren I doubt we would have seen anything like this punishment.

Why, well because F1 needs Ferrari and in a way Ferrari is the tail wagging the dog. I believe we need to see either one of two things, like you said both the heads of the sport need to have no financial stakes and only earn an administrative fee or the race teams do what they have threaten some years ago and create a break away race series.
    Search and you will find the truth.

I think Ferrari should be punished. I'd force their team to take the name of its parent company, 'Fiat', next year.

Banned
    Crap, I'll have to get up at 7.40 Tommorow.