Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RS5 overview

Quote Originally Posted by RussianM3_dude View Post
    I never doubted you can go fast with an RS4, what IMNSHO it lacks is excitement, fun and a sense of speed. If only Alfa were actually any good, they could have made a real alternative to Audi, unfortunately there is only BMW (well Mercedes is getting better too.)

That's called efficiency mate when something makes it look easy, this is often the effect.

So clearly you prefer your cars to be non-efficient.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Banned
    I like am wild. Like a bucking Bronco... Yeeee-hawwww!

I like am wild. Like a bucking Bronco... Yeeee-hawwww!
    Yes i imagine you like to ride many things... One of which is evidently not women

Banned
    Buuuuuurrrrrnnnnn!!!!

Have you heard of a Red Neck Rodeo???? Take the missus from behind, grab her boobies and whisper in her ear...

"Those, feel just like your sister's"

See how long you can hold on.

What??? I am too cool for school?????? I never doubted you can go fast with an RS4, what IMNSHO it lacks is excitement, fun and a sense of speed. If only Alfa were actually any good, they could have made a real alternative to Audi, unfortunately there is only BMW (well Mercedes is getting better too.)
    Again I ask the question about your own abilities because excitement is something all magazine roadtesters look for and again the RS4 hasn't been found wanting.

Maybe the word you are looking for is 'show-boating' and not excitement as to me they mean two totally different things. Excitement to you is when everything clicks, the way the car changes gear, enters the corner, the feel of the grip available, the efficiency of how the corner is dealt with and the quality of the moving parts (clutch, brake and steering), if this is the same for you then you clearly should be finding the RS4 exciting.

If not then it's show-boating, the thrill of holding that tail out in as big an arch as possible, knowing that you are the one controlling it and your right foot and two hands are the only thing between you, the car and possible disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Again I ask the question about your own abilities because excitement is something all magazine roadtesters look for and again the RS4 hasn't been found wanting.

Maybe the word you are looking for is 'show-boating' and not excitement as to me they mean two totally different things. Excitement to you is when everything clicks, the way the car changes gear, enters the corner, the feel of the grip available, the efficiency of how the corner is dealt with and the quality of the moving parts (clutch, brake and steering), if this is the same for you then you clearly should be finding the RS4 exciting.

If not then it's show-boating, the thrill of holding that tail out in as big an arch as possible, knowing that you are the one controlling it and your right foot and two hands are the only thing between you, the car and possible disaster.
    Leadfoot... this is so well said. As I also said before RWDrivers don't get their exitment the same way I do. I actually don't like the rear end loosing grip and having to enter a battle with the laws of physic in every corner to stay alive... It's abit like playing "russian roulette" to me... maybe that's why RussianM3 enjoy's that so much

Quote Originally Posted by BigRick View Post
    Leadfoot... this is so well said. As I also said before RWDrivers don't get their exitment the same way I do. I actually don't like the rear end loosing grip and having to enter a battle with the laws of physic in every corner to stay alive... It's abit like playing "russian roulette" to me... maybe that's why RussianM3 enjoy's that so much
    Thanks for agreeing with me on this. I personally believe this is the one biggest difference between the two camps, rwd vs awd. It's all a matter of which way you get your fun, not that any way is better.

Any update on the RS5 arriving stateside? What about specs, has the NA versus TT V8 information been revealed? It will be a stuning car, especially with DSG (though if it's TT expect only a manual) but I guess they can't make it until the RS6 is complete. Not that I'm complaining, just my gf hasn't shut up about the S5 she saw at the L.A. Auto Show on Sarturday.
    Current: 2008 M5 fully loaded, 2008 Tundra 4x4 TRD
    Previous Audi: 2006 S4
    Deposit: 2009 RS6 (cancelled)

Did you guys here about the drunk guys who played russian roulette with an automatic Beretta? The first guy lost on the first try for some reason. Oh I believe this was in Russia too....
    2007 RS4 Avant | Misano | Black Optics | SS+
    2001 S3 | Ebony

I think the new RS5 becomes a new V8 FSI with 450 hp!
    What you think?

In Genf 2009 is the premiere, or?

With best regards

Andi

I have a guts feeling that Frankfurt this year while be the premier of the RS5, especially if it's on sale date is anything similar to that of the RS6. As for engine choices, well Audi are looking for another class leading version in much the same way as the RS6 is so I think anything less than 480hp will not cut it, so either a highly strung big capacity N/A or a small Bi-turbo V8, make your bets.

It WILL be getting DSG, Sports Diff and possible DCRIII but as this models life span should be longer than previous RS models it could get the more expensive to develop MagneticRide. Also expect a return to the aggressive styling of the RS4 which will be welcome.

If I had one request to make with it's development it would be a slightly more rear biased awd setup, somewhere between the R8 and the current RS4.

I have a guts feeling that Frankfurt this year while be the premier of the RS5...
    No Frankfurt this year..., Paris.

I would love to see turbo powered RS 5, alltough there is still a lot of time ahead of us...

I have a guts feeling that Frankfurt this year while be the premier of the RS5...
    You mean the IAA Autoshow Frankfurt 2009, because there is no Frankfurt show in 2008 (there is one in Paris though)

Edit: AndyBG beat me to this
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

The next IAA is 2009!

I think in Genf 2009 is the premiere!
    The Start for RS5 is in August 2009.
    I don't think the new RS5 have an Biturbo

why do you think there is no IAA this year? sure there is - not in Frankfurt but in Hannover ... found on www.iaa.de - from 25.09.2008 - 02.10.2008

Yes, thats right but this IAA is for trucks and not for cars!

4.2 V8 480 Hp Lightweight.. Well if that's the case for the Audi Rs5 i will buy it I dont have the money but still I'm gonna buy this car

No point in even speculating until a proto type version is seen testing around the 'ring' . If you remember the RS6 was seen there many many months before its release in Frankfurt ( some winter testing if i remember also) so unless an RS5 is seen in much the same manner i don't think you'd see it this year at all...