2 4.08%
  • Z4 M Coupe

2 4.08%
  • Z3 M Coupe

1 2.04%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which is the ultimate M car ?

Which is the ultimate M car ?

I would love to hear anyone opinion of which of all the M cars to date is the ultimate M car.

I won't be voting just yet as I want some people's opinion to see if my prediction is correct.

I would have done one for the ultimate RS car but as each model has got progressively better there was little point.
    Search and you will find the truth.

The M3CSL of course!

in my eyes, the m5 e60 is the ultimate M-car, because its a sedan, u can make long turns in it, perfect for the autobahn, quick AND comfy....
    the combination of comfort and incredible quick traveling, thats what important for me. if i want to have a PURE trackcar, i would buy a GT3 RS, but i wont travel from munich to hamburg in this....in the m5 i would do easily.....

E30 M3 or E46 M3 CSL

I vote for E60 M5
    Maybe BMW is better than Mercedes or Mercedes is better than BMW but there is one car which better then both of them together... 25 years quattro..AUDI

past: Nissan Micra K11 1.3 16 valve;
    BMW 325 1995 192hp(stock) Chip tuning up to 207hp.
    Present: Audi A4 2.8L V6 237hp (intercooling system, injection, chip tuning)

I cannot believe there is a poll in which i picked a BMW

Anyway, first vote for the E92 from me...

CSL far above all

Banned
    CSL. As close to the spirit of the original M3 as possible and cracking standalone car.

Hard choice there, but I'll wait just as Leadfoot. A friend of mine has just bought an M6 and I'll have the oppurtunity to drive it and maybe make up my mind there.. as soon as I get my drivinglicense back that is.

Interesting to see what you other guys go for!

Voted for the E30 but I think the CSL is going to win
    " I Am A Driving God! "

Clearly very few have driven anywhere near the complete range of M cars, myself included in that but I have driven the best one by far and it wasn't the CSL. Funny that only two people mentioned it but still didn't class it as the best or is it a case of power and grip clouding the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Clearly very few have driven anywhere near the complete range of M cars, myself included in that but I have driven the best one by far and it wasn't the CSL. Funny that only two people mentioned it but still didn't class it as the best or is it a case of power and grip clouding the issue.
    It isn't hard to figure out which one you like.

Out of this current generation of M cars the most enjoyable is the Z4 M coupe. Its overlooked because of its fun styling but is a serious drivers car and a real blast to drive. Especially in manual setting. Give it a look seriously.

Of all time though E36 M3 kills it.

Banned
    E46 M3 GTR?????? Rare and a true homologation special.

I picked the CSL, as this would be the one I'd like to have.
    It would be much easier to truly pick the best had I driven them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruergard View Post
    It isn't hard to figure out which one you like.
    Yep,

I am quite surprised more didn't think of that but then again it is a bit of an old timer and I doubt too many have had a chance to sample it. The E30 M3 is without a doubt the best driving M car ever, sure it's nowhere near as fast as some of the more modern stuff but in the corner I would reckon it not even the M3CSL has anywhere near the same level of delicacy or balance.

In fact watch this video of a Turboed E30 M3 giving a Carrera GT not to hard of a time around the ring.

E30_M3_vs_S4_vs_Carerra_GT

No doubt someone here might know the car and it's history.

P.S.
    Another little known fact about the E30 M3 is that it's weight balance isn't the BMW's holy grail 50/50, it's actually 48/52 rear bias.

What about M1 and M5 E28?

Well according to latet EVO that done a test the greatest M car ever(13 cars). The M3 E30 SE was the winner, nr 2 was E46 CSL.

I have driven all M cars except M1, M5 E28 and M3 E92, as well owned a lot of them mentioned in this poll.

My pic is as EVO M3 E30 Sport evo, still will not forget the tracktime I done in that car, as well on the ring back in 1993 .

nr 2 on my list is CSL, its the shit car, I am pretty sure that M3 E46 CSL is a car that most will remember when its old, kind of like the M3 E30.
    "Learning by doing"

"It's racing, bullfighting and mountain climbing - the rest is just games"
    ..Hemingway..

Quote Originally Posted by 7:53 RS6 View Post
    What about M1 and M5 E28?

Well according to latet EVO that done a test the greatest M car ever(13 cars). The M3 E30 SE was the winner, nr 2 was E46 CSL.

I have driven all M cars except M1, M5 E28 and M3 E92, as well owned a lot of them mentioned in this poll.

My pic is as EVO M3 E30 Sport evo, still will not forget the tracktime I done in that car, as well on the ring back in 1993 .

nr 2 on my list is CSL, its the shit car, I am pretty sure that M3 E46 CSL is a car that most will remember when its old, kind of like the M3 E30.
    Mate, you were the guy I was most wanting to hear from because I reckoned if anyone had driven most of them it would have been you. I agree that the CSL will be the one most will think of because of the limited numbers of E30 M3 ever made, I was lucky enough to sample one quite a while ago now, only on a track thank God as being LHD isn't really a pleasure in the RHD world that the UK is. I reckoned it was to nearest thing to my old Lotus Elan when it came to delicacy though clearly with a bit more grunt.

An incredible little car and given the right amount of power, could still be.

P.S.

The vote only allows 10 choices so I had to chose wisely.