Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RS6 Eye witness news from IAA Frankfurt

I think if you check you are not getting MagneticRide with the RS6, it's adaptive DRC. The shift time is very quick for an automatic and I love the titan alloys.

It will be a mean ride when you get it and no doubt you will be the top dog which everyone will be wanting to beat ................ if only they could.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I think if you check you are not getting MagneticRide with the RS6, it's adaptive DRC. The shift time is very quick for an automatic and I love the titan alloys.

It will be a mean ride when you get it and no doubt you will be the top dog which everyone will be wanting to beat ................ if only they could.

Hello Leadfoot!

I have not read the "Book" that I got from the RS6 rep that I talked to at IAA Frankfurt today, but he said "Magnetic ride", but with 3-settings: Sport, Dynamic and Comfort, which is one more than the R8, which only has Normal and Sport (I think).

Regards,
    2006 Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG
    2007 Audi S6 Avant -- SOLD
    2008 Audi R8
    2008 Mercedes-Benz C220 CDI AMG
    2008 Audi RS6 Avant on order for April delivery

Quote Originally Posted by ML63 AMG View Post
    US Market.

I am sorry, but I do not feel sorry for the US market.

If they are not willing to pay (or can not afford) the costs for the RS6, why should the get it?

The car industry is a business to make money for the shareholdes (yep, I am sorry) of Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Toyota (Lexus) or whatever brand, that is the sole purpose.

If MacDonalds had to sell their BigMac's for less than cost they would also stop selling it.

The solution is easy for the US buyers: Buy one from Europe and pay the what Audi is asking for it or don't buy one!

I have just made my order today, and I expect mine to cost between 250- 300.000 EURO (in Norway).

It really rocks, with magnetic ride, twice as quick shift time on the automatic trans than the 2007 S6, alcantara roof, 20" titan wheels and it is just 2000% overcool.

Regards,
    No one is complaining at the price of that thing here,I for one and a lot of others would gladly pay similar price as in Europe (with the exception of the ridiculous pricing in Norway with most of that price being crazy taxation).
    AOA arbitralily decided not to bring it in here and it is a stupid decision that will cost them in a longer run.
    As far as bringing a Euro car here and federalizing it ,it would be a very long,costly and almost impossible undertaking ,ending with a car that would be almost impossible to resell later on.
    You can almost hear the sigh of relief from the MB and BMW dealers(in US) who were afraid for a while that RS6 would steal the limelight from AMGs and M5s...
    S63TT

Hello Leadfoot!

I have not read the "Book" that I got from the RS6 rep that I talked to at IAA Frankfurt today, but he said "Magnetic ride", but with 3-settings: Sport, Dynamic and Comfort, which is one more than the R8, which only has Normal and Sport (I think).

Regards,
    ML63AMG,

This is from the Audi press release
    With Dynamic Ride Control the shock absorbers are connected diagonally with each other via two oil lines and two control valves. Body movement – e.g. rolling when cornering at high speed on an uneven road surface – produces flows of oil, which generate additional damping force. As a result, the RS 6 boasts even more directional control through bends and reacts with substantially more precision to the steering inputs of the driver.
    Dynamic Ride Control on the new RS 6 can be supplemented if desired with optional three-stage damping. This allows the driver to select the handling characteristics according to his/her personal preferences or chosen route. In the comfort setting, the sports suspension plus provides remarkable ride comfort, in the dynamic program it adjusts superbly to an enthusiastic driving style and in the sport mode it delivers maximum driving precision.
    The sporty setting of the electronic stabilisation program ESP is an ideal match here: the point of intervention is very late, permitting a high degree of driving enjoyment whilst fully maintaining driving safety. Alternatively, the ESP may be completely deactivated.
    Trust me, this is an adaptive DRC system, not MagneticRide.

Quote Originally Posted by absent View Post
    No one is complaining at the price of that thing here,I for one and a lot of others would gladly pay similar price as in Europe (with the exception of the ridiculous pricing in Norway with most of that price being crazy taxation).
    AOA arbitralily decided not to bring it in here and it is a stupid decision that will cost them in a longer run.
    As far as bringing a Euro car here and federalizing it ,it would be a very long,costly and almost impossible undertaking ,ending with a car that would be almost impossible to resell later on.
    You can almost hear the sigh of relief from the MB and BMW dealers(in US) who were afraid for a while that RS6 would steal the limelight from AMGs and M5s...
    I'm not saying this will happen, but decisions can be reversed. Maybe when or if the saloon appears then AoA might have reconsidered to get with the plan and undertake the strict guide lines that Audi have set out for stocking the RS6. I do know that not every dealer in Europe will be allowed to stock and service the RS6 so don't expect every dealer to be carrying it.

ML63AMG,

This is from the Audi press release

Trust me, this is an adaptive DRC system, not MagneticRide.

Hello again Leadfoot!

I trust you. I just just did not read the info about the new RS6, since it was official together with the Mercedes-Benz C63T AMG, which I was going to IAA to make an order for (one the phone to my dealer in Norway).

Since AMG did not display it, I ordered a C320 CDI T 4Matic for my wife instead. So when we came to the Audi stand in Halle 3.0, it was love at first sight. The whole car is a killer outside and inside and the DRC plus (or Sport Suspension Plus) was just what I was missing on my 2007 S6 Avant.

PS: They put 275/35-20 tires on the RS6, which is one size more profile than on the S6.

Regards,
    2008 Audi R8

Quote Originally Posted by absent View Post

Hello Absent.

The baseprice in Germany is 89.000 EURO netto (without WAT), which is 122.000 USD for an German Base model (which is quite more "base" than the US market is used to...)

This is a bit more than the M5 and E63 AMG...

Do you still think it is a market in the US? (it should be!).

Regards,
    2008 Audi R8

US Market.

I am sorry, but I do not feel sorry for the US market.

If they are not willing to pay (or can not afford) the costs for the RS6, why should the get it?

The car industry is a business to make money for the shareholdes (yep, I am sorry) of Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Toyota (Lexus) or whatever brand, that is the sole purpose.

If MacDonalds had to sell their BigMac's for less than cost they would also stop selling it.

The solution is easy for the US buyers: Buy one from Europe and pay the what Audi is asking for it or don't buy one!

I have just made my order today, and I expect mine to cost between 250- 300.000 EURO (in Norway).

It really rocks, with magnetic ride, twice as quick shift time on the automatic trans than the 2007 S6, alcantara roof, 20" titan wheels and it is just 2000% overcool.

Regards,
    Well, I for one, am not talking about the costs of the car. I don't care if 95K, 100K, 105K, or 110K. And I am sure they are plenty of US buyers who don't care either. We're talking about 500-1000 cars anyway. Its not like AoA or Audi AG would make a lot of profit no matter what the price tag is. Its more about the hyprocrisy of being told over and over again, that Audi was making a push in the North American market to be more respected and improve brand cache, when in reality they pull bush league moves like this and basically surrender, the albeit small, uber sedan market to BMW and MB. The S6 is a fine car. I own one. Buts its not a M5 or E63. Its just not. The RS6 is their true competiter. And no amount of money is going to get a US spec RS6 anytime soon. Please AoA, give me the opportunity to spend as much money as you want on a new RS6.... As I said in my letter to AoA, sometimes its not about sales or per unit profitibility, sometimes its all about how a brand is perceived, and in the US Audi is perceived(generally speaking) less of a brand than BMW or MB. Right or wrong, its fact. Although, I personally think my ML63 AMG is a POS. Choosing to not bring the Mk2 RS6 to the NA market just bolsters people's opinion here that Audi can't hang with "the big boys". They won't care much that the car exists somewhere else, sort of like the Allroad. Whatever. AoA is bush league.
    current rides:
    -'07 S6 phantom black/black,tech, cold, warm, carbon fiber inlays, 15% carbon fiber tint
    -'07 ML63 AMG black/black
    -'07 Accord V6/navi
    -'07 Titan LE
    -'86 M6
    former rides:
    - too many to list but last Audi before the S was a '05 A6 4.2 S-line

Hey, clueless

STFU, I'd pay whatever they asked.

STFU, ever try to federalize a car...?

You have no clue.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

I felt really bad, knowing for over two months that the RS6 was most likely not coming to the US and all you guys over there so desperate for info on prices and date of launch and unable to pass on the information because I had been told to sit on it until the decision was confirmed.

It no consolation but I reckon all future RS model will be coming stateside as this have been a major cock-up of biblical proportions and the same thing they will never want to repeated.

I felt really bad, knowing for over two months that the RS6 was most likely not coming to the US and all you guys over there so desperate for info on prices and date of launch and unable to pass on the information because I had been told to sit on it until the decision was confirmed.

It no consolation but I reckon all future RS model will be coming stateside as this have been a major cock-up of biblical proportions and the same thing they will never want to repeated.
    So do you reckon I can start obsessing about a RS5 or RS7?...Seriously though, I really hope AoA and Audi AG can work out a small allotment (I am/was #2 on my dealer list) of US spec RS 6 sedans. I know the chances are small, but there is a while before the sedan is unveiled and introduced to the market. Maybe all of us clamoring for a crack at the car will change some minds. However, my dealer never took deposits, only a priority list, so to weed out all the posers, they should get deposits from people to more accurately gauge demand here. Whilst letting people now its going be over 100K, possibly 110K. I doubt it will happen, but who knows.
    current rides:
    -'07 S6 phantom black/black,tech, cold, warm, carbon fiber inlays, 15% carbon fiber tint
    -'07 ML63 AMG black/black
    -'07 Accord V6/navi
    -'07 Titan LE
    -'86 M6
    former rides:
    - too many to list but last Audi before the S was a '05 A6 4.2 S-line

Hello Absent.

The baseprice in Germany is 89.000 EURO netto (without WAT), which is 122.000 USD for an German Base model (which is quite more "base" than the US market is used to...)

This is a bit more than the M5 and E63 AMG...

Do you still think it is a market in the US? (it should be!).

Regards,
    Based on specs,based on the fact the car (RS6) would be more practical as daily driver,I would gladly pay $20-30k more for it then for E63/M5.
    There are plenty of guys like me here for that 500-1000 cars...
    S63TT

ML63 AMG -
    I don't think cost is an issue for anyone in the market for this type of car. I would gladly pay 120k for this car. I'm sure it was not intended, but your post was bordering on insulting. I guarantee you that they would easily sell 1000+ cars in the USA. Aspen, Colorado probably has the highest number of RS cars per capita than any city in the world.......
    Jim

Misano RS4, Milltek exhaust
    2007 997tt - black
    2007 Range Rover Supercharged
    former cars: Mugello RS6, Sportec chip & wheels. Milltek exhaust
    2004 Viper SRT-10 522ci stroker twin turbo
    2004 S4 Avant - , 2002 S4
    2001 Ruf R turbo 550
    1991 Porsche turbo

I, too, was amazed that the RS6 is not coming to the US. Someone posted that an actual letter was sent from AoA to dealers regarding this. I actually called my dealer who stated that it is unlikely that we will see the Avant for obvious reasons here (though I would prefer one over the sedan), but there is a strong chance of the sedan making its way here. I agree it would be bush league for Audi not to send its mightest weapon to the US as it seeks to dethrone BMW and MB. It really is not about how many units sold, if AoA was smart, but about building image and cache with the halo effect the car has on the brand. "Wow, I drive an A4 from the same carmaker that makes the RS6" is how it usually goes. I send a stinging letter/e-mail to my Audi A8L W12 advocate telling him that I want to buy the car as well, what the f*&K is Audi of America thinking. If they fail to bring the sedan, then they are making a huge marketing and public relations mistake that will in the long run hurt more than it saves the money they are trying to save. Shows a lack of long-term strategy here.
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

Months ago I thought we would pay $100,000 (US) for the RS6. When I heard 610 hp and adjustable DRC I thought 110K. If Audi limited the number to 500 I could see paying 120.

I sent my letter to AoA a few days ago. I am sooooo disappointed. I really thought Audi was on a roll in the US. I could see a future were Audi was finally viewed as equals to Merc and BMW. Audi was on a roll with the RS4 and R8.

Audi's wind is leaving the North American sail. I have to give the Panamera a look Another possibility is driving the wheels off our S4 and getting a twin turbo 911.

We'll continue wasting money on cars, I am sad it looks like it won't be on a RS6.

What can you tell me about the RS7????

Quote Originally Posted by jimrd View Post
    ML63 AMG -
    I don't think cost is an issue for anyone in the market for this type of car. I would gladly pay 120k for this car. I'm sure it was not intended, but your post was bordering on insulting. I guarantee you that they would easily sell 1000+ cars in the USA. Aspen, Colorado probably has the highest number of RS cars per capita than any city in the world.......
    Hello jimrd!

My intention was not to insult anyone, but I am a member on MBenthusiat forum and "everyone" complained about the pricing for the ML63 AMG in the US market even though it was 25% less than in Europe.

Becaause of this Mercedes had to cheap out on the interior (again) to satisfy the US market and get the volum needed.

Maybye 500-or even 1000 units is not enough, even if the car is selling for 120.000 USD baseprice for Audi to make money, but juging on replies I got in 12 hours it seems like a the interest for this massiv ÜberAvant and coolest Avant EVER is quite big in the US.

I post pictures and impressions as soon as my new car arrives.

PS: The first customercars are ready for delivery in April 2008!
    2008 Audi R8

Long time browser of this forum, finally signed up to express my disappointment. I'm on my third Audi (big turbo A4, Sportec S4 Avant, A8) have owned a 993 Carrera and several VW's including a 337 and supercharged R32. As a long time fan of VAG products i was really looking forward to the new RS6 and that twin turbo 10 cylinder motor. AOA is really dropping the ball by not offering either the avant or the sedan in North America. I'm really starting to consider the M5 as an option...despite the ugly face and the fact that i generally loathe most of what BMW is offering these days, i just feel the need to own a factory car with at least 500hp and room for 4 proper sized people for under 100K. Besides the ugly ness of the big Bimmer can be improved upon with a Hartge package. The Merc E55/63 is an option, however its isn't a true drivers car.

Bottom line: Audi needs a heavy hitter in North America to keep us enthusiasts interested (many of us will spend the money to drive around in a turbo'd 10cylinder making close to 600hp, capable of blowing the doors right off anything that Mercedes or BMW offers), If they don't ....its sadly bye-bye Audi for me.

It has been most disconcerting to find out the MkII RS6 will not be coming to the U.S. I was prepared to sell my RS6 just before the delivery date of the new one that I had planned to order. Perhaps AoA has done me, and others, a big favor by their current decision, in that I won't need to spend more $$, even though many of us would have gladly paid a U.S. asking price well in excess of $100k.

It looks like I'll still be driving an absolutely awesome automobile for a few more years. A peripheral benefit is being the owner of a fairly rare car that evokes "oohs" and "aahs" form the cognoscenti.

Oh well, I think I'll get the beast detailed next week...
    Bob W.
    2003 RS6 (Avus Silver) - now lives in CO
    2003 Mini Cooper S (Indi Blue/White) --- almost as hot as the RS6!
    2004 Lexus RX330 --- racing floor mats