Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deposits down for RS5?

Deposits down for RS5?

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking around these forums for some time now but ive finally decided to register. I must admit i was'nt that much of an audi fan (especially didnt like the MkI TT) untill recently with the introduction of the MkII TT/R8 and S5. I was considering a TT purchase but one sunny aftenoon i strolled into an audi dealership and saw the S5 - What a car!!

Basically im planning on holding out for an RS5. Ive scoured the internet for more information about the car and its expected launch but from talking to dealers it looks like a late 2008/ 1st quarter 2009 release.

Apparently Audi are "testing engines"

Anyone else putting a deposit down?

Quote Originally Posted by elstimpo View Post
    I personally think it would be plain stupid to give any dealer deposit money on an RS5 at the moment.
    Plain stupid so long as you dont want to guarantee a car at launch.

is not stupid at all if you put a small amount down like i did with the rs6 and i'm gonna be the 1st to get one in manchester! plus if you don't like it when it comes out on the press releases you can get you money back...

I haven't even received my S5 yet and I already have my name down on the first RS5 when it finally gets launched, but I didn't have to lay a deposit. Why would you, the only reason for deposits now is this is only way dealers can register an order with Audi, it stops dealers stocking up on limit/popular models and leaving other dealers short.

Time scale is a tricky one because it will greatly depend on the RS6 and how long it's production cycle will run.
    Search and you will find the truth.

No RS 5 before Frankfurt IAA 2009, IMHO...

What do you think... ?

Agreed, I doubt the RS6 will be stopped production before the end of 2009 and unless Quattro GmbH are to start a two model production run then chances are we won't see another RS model before 2010.

But in this business decisions change very quicker as anything is possible.

well when i get it i'll drive over the pennines and show you it, and if you allready know someone else that has one before me then i'll hold my hands up...... but i doubt that will happen...lol.

thats makes me urm..... 1) but i'm no dreamer! and i don't want a rs5 i'll have myrs6. ( just our opinions ) and opinions can't be right or wrong

Agreed elstimpo, I may have my name down for the first at this dealer but that doesn't guarantee my the first, just one of the first.

Have an RS4 now. After seeing what extra goodies are offered on version 2 of this car, I will wait, let my money work for me and see what comes when they go version 2 of the RS5 if it makes it to the States. P.S. I only put $1K down to hold my RS for 18 Months.
    [IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q189/bushido01s4/mcaskyline.jpg[/IMG]

I'd be suprised if many dealers are actually taking any cash deposits for the RS5 at the moment...

When I was ordering my RS4...i had my name down on the list way before the car was confirmed, but still didn't have to put down any readies. I then put down the deposit once production was confirmed, and was down for one of the first cars. However, I declined as I wanted the Avant rather than the inital batch of saloon's.

Also, i think any deposits that are put down on car's like the RS4, 5, 6 are non-refundable now aren't they? To stop speculator's?

(On another note, none of us know each others contacts and links with their respective dealers, so why not just take what is written and then judge after?! )

Taz
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    B7 Audi RS4 Avant - Phantom Black
    B6 Audi A4 3.0 Sport Quattro Convertible - Volcano Black
    B5 Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE Saloon - Hibiscus Red
    Seat Leon 1.6 SE - Bilberry Red
    Porsche 996 Carrera - Arctic Silver

For say an R8 or something that exclusive i think i'd care but to be honest i dont think i'd mind a couple of months wait. Its no big deal really. And seeing as it'll be at very least 2010 before the dealer gets one car delivered, whats two months extra, not to have "the first." You have to be a child to care about the first !

And as Leadfoot said you definately dont need to be putting cash down for a good few years, or at least when its actually announced...?

Nice to see passion for Audi's though i guess...

And i doubt you'll have the first RS6 in Manchester as the dealer will have a demo car before you have your private specification delivered. = And Audi dealerships have to keep a demo at least 2 weeks before selling them so either way you wont be the first registered owner.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    No RS 5 before Frankfurt IAA 2009, IMHO...

What do you think... ?
    RS5 will be out by 1st quarter 2009 at the latest.

totally disagree. We'll see RS6 then the RS3 and then a choice between RS4 and RS5.
    LOL, my source says otherwise. Up for a wager ill have an RS5 by March 31st '09?

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    LOL, my source says otherwise. Up for a wager ill have an RS5 by March 31st '09?
    Sounds logical.

totally disagree. We'll see RS6 then the RS3 and then a choice between RS4 and RS5.
    Interested in your RS3 thoughts mate. Is that just a hunch...or maybe a little more educated and informed reasoning?:eye:

I only ask as I seem to remember reading somewhere in an interview with Quattro Gmbh bosses that the RS moniker would only be reserved for the A4 and upward.

I'd love to see an RS3 of sorts...but not with that badging personally.

Taz

Lol...come on...jus a little info...?

I'm interested as i'm looking for a new motor now, was looking at either a 964, 993 C2 or C4, but if the RS3 is on the horizon....

Taz :asian:
    Last edited by tazsura; September 12th, 2007 at 11:56.

Ok

I was at a recent Lamborghini meet in the UK with a friend of mine in his LP640. There was a very high ranking Audi UK man there, who was there in his Gallardo. I was trying to get info out of him with regards to the RS5 and he said ,

'first we have the RS6, then we have something new and maybe after this you may see an RS5'

Exact Words
    Ah, i see. Thanks mate. So your thinking RS3....not a TT-RS...?

Either way, good times!

Taz