Thread: When will a V10 Variant be officially announced?

When will a V10 Variant be officially announced?

Hi Guys

Newbie here I am currently in the wonderful waiting list for the R8 but with my name down for a V10. My dealer says they dont think cars will show until 2009, just wondered if anyone has anything more concrete as to when a V10 may be officially announced etc.

Thanks in advance

i think it depends on lamborghini....i today talked to a woman driving an Gallardo SE ... (btw. she took me for a ride with that car *G* and invited me to Hockenheimring next weekend for a event that she organized - she's between 50 and 60 years old )

and she told me, that Lamborghini will bring a 600PS Engine...so that Audi can put the V10 with about 500 - 520 PS into the R8 ...

So, the question is when Lamborghini will put the bigger engine in the Gallardo...as i can remember we saw already some pics of Gallardos testing at Hockenheim?!

in about a year. or sooner. updated gallardo and V10 R8.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

i think we'll see V10 R8's on the ground here in the states around September of next year.

RB

(i'd rather see a Twin Turbo V8, if anyone cares- especially Audi!)

Today, I was at my dealer getting an oil change for one of my Audi 'kids" when I spotted a new R8 - Black with Carbon Fiber Side Blades, manual, black interior, full leather, totally optioned with B&O that was sold and waiting for its new owner to pick it up later that day. Another R8 (Daytona Grey with Silver Side Blades, manual, totally optioned-out as well was being prepared in the service area for its new owner). The first shippments of the R8s have arrived in Los Angeles according to my dealer. Now, what is the actual sold price of these cars....well what does everyone think? Both the R8s have been sold for $153,000 each. So much for MSRP. I can only guess what the price will be for the R8 V10!

By the way, there is a beautiful, pristine black RS6 2003 with only 14,000 miles for sale if anyone is seriously interested. Sorry, I did not get the price. The dealer is Pacific Audi in Torrance, California (Los Angeles). You can get the contact info. at www.audiusa.com or Google it.
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

Quote Originally Posted by ANTHRAxx_ View Post
    @ZeroCool

Sounds like you are thinking Lamborghini is an indipendent car-manufacturer?

It is an 100% Audi-Daughter, so i think the release-dates of both
    wont be much different.
    Sorry, i saw this post today for first time

No, i don't think that Lamborghini is an indipendent car-manufacturer...i know that it is an 100% Audi-Daughter

But still i think that AUDI will first upgrade the Gallardo - and then give the V10 to the R8 ...

I think the R8v10 is due to be shown either November or December this year.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Is there a possibility that it's V10 is going to be N/A... ?

no way this year. think of sept of next year- paris. and my sources have it with a high revving, NA V10 to keep weight down. this is a light car.

i find the possibility of the RS6 engine in the R8 intriguing because it could save on development costs and allow audi to get more from just one engine. but maybe they plan on saving the TT V10 for a third line version of the R8 in 3-4 years.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Autocar are still stating that it will be on show towards the end of this year. As for whether they will bring out a third version of this amazing machine, god knows. I doubt we will see a less powerful version of the R8 because the TT/RS will basically be filling that roles when it comes, a model above the future V10 is also unlikely because it would make the Gallardo seem very over-priced.

I think the smart money is to bet on some form of a diesel R8, possibly a future version of the 4.2TDi with 400hp, I believe the engine would fit easily and the weight isn't out of the question. If Audi continue with diesel power at Le Mans and continue to win then not fitting a diesel to their ultimate sportscar would be a wasted opportunity to bring the racing element of the business and the commercial performance side together in a product that would mean more about what is "Vorsprung durch Technik" then anything that has come before.
    Search and you will find the truth.

audi's diesel plans are to start low and then go high up in the line up.

and don't forge that the gallardo is due for a sig upgarde/replacement in a couple of years.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10