Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New RS6 drifting in the Ring

It was already posted in another thread, but since it's probably getting lost there this is a great opportunity for everyone to enjoy...
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Now, this is interesting, Audi going sideways... Not so common picture in the past... GREAT !

It's not really that difficult, just take a high entry speed and a dab on the brakes to unsettle the rear. But the real trick is holding the slid especially in the dry, take a fair amount of power.

Best to practice in wide open areas and in the rain to protect your tyres but I recommend it to everyone as it even more fun than doing the same thing in a rwd car.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    It's not really that difficult, just take a high entry speed and a dab on the brakes to unsettle the rear. But the real trick is holding the slid especially in the dry, take a fair amount of power.

Best to practice in wide open areas and in the rain to protect your tyres but I recommend it to everyone as it even more fun than doing the same thing in a rwd car.
    Leadfoot,

why should you do a dub on your brakes to slid?
    It's possible to do it just playing with gas and steering wheel.

Try the "Scandinavian flick"

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post

THX for that little lesson...

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Try the "Scandinavian flick"
    EXPLAIN THAT !

The "Scandinavian flick" goes like this. Say you are entering a left-hand corner, on the approach you steering to the right and dab the brakes to unsettle the car when quickly steer in to the corner and apply power which will bring the tail round in a lovely arch.

By the way it should be practiced in slippy conditions and in wide open places as it's bloody tricky to master and if you get it wrong it's not even worth thinking about.

Lesson 1: Scandinavian flick (and more...) by Tiff Needell

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/07/a...ng-techniques/

I have 5 bucks that says the driver was Walter Rhorl.

Quote Originally Posted by Rally View Post
    Or his very talented student!

Wisdom has been received... :asian:

This is a possibility especially with the recent tie-up with Porsche and VAG, but Audi themselves have some pretty talented drivers quite capable of such trickery.

which reminds me - i had a very pleasant dinner with herr rohrl on a launch in auckland harbour (after a driving course). where he talked about learning to master the quattro after his years of rwd opel's. he really struggled with taming the understeer of the a2 quattros and the flick he learned from stig was a key part of the learning curve. as he told me, until the monte carlo rally (his 1st competitive race for audi) he wasn't close to the pace of the others, but then he "got it". the one thing he hated more than fearing that he was not faster than the scandinavians was fearing that he was slower than a certain woman...
    dave
    '03 rs6
    '04 allroad tdi

Sorry to bring this topic back on track regarding the RS6 MkII. Is it just me that it doesnt sound like a fast revving boosted engine?

42tt

I think either myself or others have reported that the engine will only be revving to a 7000rpm limit. Still high for a V10 Turbo but not the heights of the BMW M3/5/6 or RS4.

What about the hand brake, I think it is gonna be electronic, like on A6/S6 and A5/S5 and new A4, but how you can do half of the stuff from the lesson, like U-turn, 90 and 360 degree turn, without a normal hand brake? Is it possible with the electronic one?

Quote Originally Posted by Arslanoff View Post
    What about the hand brake, I think it is gonna be electronic, like on A6/S6 and A5/S5 and new A4, but how you can do half of the stuff from the lesson, like U-turn, 90 and 360 degree turn, without a normal hand brake? Is it possible with the electronic one?
    No, you can't use the hand brake for that.