Thread: US Market Value

US Market Value

Be gentle, I'm new here...

I'm in the market for a 2003 RS6. I'm willing to search nationwide for the right car, but have found a LARGE spread in asking prices. Does anyone have a sense for what price decent "above average" cars are actually trading hands?

I think it's an INCREDIBLE car, but is approaching nearly 5 years old... $60k seems steep to me.

Any further counsel for a potential first time owner would be appreciated!

Thanks.

I just purchased one in July for a little over $60k from a dealer CPO but it exceeded all my criteria so I didn't negotiate too hard. It was an '03 sold in '04 so it still has a year of factory and an additional couple of years extended left. Best of all, it only had 5600 miles on it!
    -----Current-----
    '03 RS6/ Avus Silver/Black interior/CF trim/RNS-e + Sirius + BT/SE exhaust/RS6+ pedal kit/20" forged wheels
    -----Retired-----
    '01 S8
    '90 V8 Executive
    '86 5000 CD Turbo
    '84 5000
    '82 5000

Yes, $60K should buy you an EXCEPTIONAL car! I just purchased an RS6 in June and am very happy with it. I spent $47K for a CPO w/29,000 miles. If you have a budget of $50k, you should find plenty of good cars to choose from.

Here's a thread that has more info:
    http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....highlight=glut

Good Luck!
    If you never exceed the limits, how do you know where they are?

I paid $47K for mine as well (37K miles one it, '04 delivery date so another year on the CPO). I didn't negotiate too hard because I couldn't stop laughing during the test drive. any kind of negotiation would have been futile, the guy knew the car sold itself.

There is a black CPO'd RS6 w/ Sound Enhancing Exhaust for $52,900 near my house. It is Black over Grey.

http://www.audiofrochesterhills.com/en_US/
    [IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q189/bushido01s4/mcaskyline.jpg[/IMG]

ACnNC, check your messages.

My buyout is going to be $36,000 this December, with about 58,000 miles on it....

They quoted $3600 for a four year/48,000 mile add on warrantee which begins as of the day I buy the warrantee. This is unlike the first extended warrantee I bought last year which ended up starting as of January of the Model year D'ooh, friggen small print, so that extended warrantee only bought me extra mileage since I am over the warrantee mileage.

This way I end up with a car for $39600 with 4 years/48000 miles coverage.

Mike

just a question, why can't we Cut and Paste to place posts??...I tried it several times, since I like to use Word to compose, to avoid spelling errors LOL.

Mike

That buy out price is dead on it seems for what I am seeing...guess the finance people do guess well at lease inception. Huge depreciation lately. Anyone with $43K can have my 52K mile CPO'D car.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet