Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audi Software upgrade

i just called my dealer and I was told the complete opposite, I have done 12000 km and I am almost due for a service but I did not want to go for fear of the power loss

I asked the service manager abouT this problem ( he is a friend of mine ) he told me the upgrade that he has ( 2007 ) will improve my power

I have made a arrangement to go next week and get the " upgrade " done, i was told that it helps with the high altitude ( 1600 m ) up here in South Africa ( JHB ) , SO ALREADY I am able to give a M3 a thrashing so I dont even wanna know what will happen after the upgrade ,,, hehe

Will let you know what happens after the upgrade

Waiting for other responses regarding software upgrades. I thrashed my car around a bit today to see how it feels and the only difference is that it doesn't die when I start it up after night which it did on the 50 software.
    2007 RS4 Avant | Misano | Black Optics | SS+
    2001 S3 | Ebony

Just so you guy's don't think I'm just a moaning A**e, Leadfoot comments that I dislike my RS4 aren't correct although I can see where he's coming from, I think my RS4 is by far the best car I've ever owed,even with the changes that I'm very upset about it's still the most complete sports saloon out there.
    What I do dislike is Audi's policy of changing the way a customer's car drives, without first giving a full explanation of the upgrade and then the choice of having the upgrade(Which they have done recently with an upgrade on the A4 Diesel's).
    I have read all the other comments regarding other peoples RS4 upgrades,but my car has definitely changed for the worst,but of course that's always a personal thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty72 View Post
    Just so you guy's don't think I'm just a moaning A**e, Leadfoot comments that I dislike my RS4 aren't correct although I can see where he's coming from, I think my RS4 is by far the best car I've ever owed,even with the changes that I'm very upset about it's still the most complete sports saloon out there.
    What I do dislike is Audi's policy of changing the way a customer's car drives, without first giving a full explanation of the upgrade and then the choice of having the upgrade(Which they have done recently with an upgrade on the A4 Diesel's).
    I have read all the other comments regarding other peoples RS4 upgrades,but my car has definitely changed for the worst,but of course that's always a personal thing.
    Audi should of explained what they were going to do to your car, quite right. There's no excuse for that.

However, after my software upgrade i noticed a considerably smoother idle after start up, and it was also smoother when cold. I havn't experienced any sort of power loss though, if anything it feels a tad punchier.

Taz
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    B7 Audi RS4 Avant - Phantom Black
    B6 Audi A4 3.0 Sport Quattro Convertible - Volcano Black
    B5 Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE Saloon - Hibiscus Red
    Seat Leon 1.6 SE - Bilberry Red
    Porsche 996 Carrera - Arctic Silver

Hi Taz.

I agree with you regarding the Idle and the smoothness when cold,but my car's exhaust note is now considerably quieter than before(Sport and Non Sport), it's lost it's aggressively edged note, just check out the RS4 Vs M3(2007) video on the forum and you'll hear that the M3 has a real bark at high revs(No I'm not a secret M3 lover IT'S UGLY) whereas the RS4 whilst it still sounds great, sounds smoother, my RS4 sounded more like that M3 before the Upgrade and I'm definitely not imagining it.
    Regarding your comment about the power I don't feel my RS4 is any less powerful than before but i feel that the torque has been spread out more evenly through the rev band,so whereas before I got a huge shove in the chest at around 5000 rpm that no longer happens which is sad as it was great fun.
    Just so you and anyone else who is interested in this on going plight of mine,I can confirm that Audi have now agreed that they have made alterations to the ECU on the RS4 during the last Software upgrade but they didn't think the changes warranted prior customer knowledge.

same here, i did the software upgrade at 13000km. Nothing special, may be a bit more quiet than before.

Well today I am on the way to get the " upgrade " done which apparently improves high altidute performance, at the same time I will get my 15000 km service , will let all know how the car performes after the service !!

I had the SW upgrade from 0050 to 0080 done along with my service 2 days ago.

I 100% agree with the comments that the engine is quieter and smoother. I don't think there's any less power but it feels less "raw" and smoother - and I liked it better as it was.

Please can we have a version 0090 that gives us back the "character" that we all love!!!

How many softwear upgrade version are there now?? im up to 12000KM and nearly will bring it to service. which softwear upgrade should i get done??

Quote Originally Posted by wild-rs4-man2 View Post
    Well today I am on the way to get the " upgrade " done which apparently improves high altidute performance, at the same time I will get my 15000 km service , will let all know how the car performes after the service !!
    Hey Mr! long time no chat. Been so busy lately.
    So how is your car since the service? I've done just over 10000kms now with mine. Chat soon buddy.