Thread: RS6 Front Brake Calipers(carriages)

RS6 Front Brake Calipers(carriages)

Hello "RS6.com" mates!

I need your help.

I have a car - Audi ALROAD (4BH) 2003 year
    and i want improve my front brake system!

That's why i choose RS6 front brakes.
    Calipers are quite strong, powerful, has 8-pistons and maden by Brembo.

Does anybd have any experience in this kind of modification?

But i have few questions:

1) I have 17" wheels. Standart allroad front brake disc is 320x30 (5/112).
    Of course to improve my front brakes i have not only to set up new RS6 calipers but also set new brake discs and new brake pads.

What is the maximum size of brake disc i can attach to my 17" wheels?
    I think 340x30 or 345x30 will be maximum solution for 17"? Is it so? What would you recommend(without changing wheels to 18")?

2) How can i attach new RS6 calipers to allroad standart wheel hub instead of standart allroad calipers?
    Will RS6 caliper's mount/plug/fastener fits to the allroad's wheel hub mount/plug/fastener???

Anyway, thx for support guys!
    Cya!

Best regards,
    oZZy

If you want the original RS6 brake system you will need to go to 18" since that is the smallest size allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by jonas21 View Post
    If you want the original RS6 brake system you will need to go to 18" since that is the smallest size allowed.
    Yes, if i will attach full kit from RS6 so i will need jump to 18" because of RS6 brake kit consists of 365x34 brake discs and of course i need 18" wheels as a minimum for this size!

But as i wrote above i want to mount other brake discs, not from RS6 brake kit.
    I want to install 340x30 size brake discs to meet 17" wheel standart, for example from DBA or from Brembo!

Best rgrds,
    oZZy

you would need to this the hard way - manufacturing your mounting hardware. even if you did this, i doubt you would get hte callipers to fit. they are very big. easiest way, of course, is to get an rs6 and take some measurements.

the other thing too, is that allroad does have an 18" wheel fitment.
    dave
    '03 rs6
    '04 allroad tdi

Guys, I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Porsche Cayenne turbo brake kit, with 6 pot calipers, and two pc rotors (and pads I can source at the dealer when it's time to change). The RS6 cali happens to b 8 pot, correct? Staying in the Audi family, do you think this is the way to go?

What needs to be adapted to run the Cayenne kit? What size are the disks?

I'm running 390mm C6 disks and calipers on mine. Phenomenal braking, but not an easy fit.

Disk are 370mm.

The standard Cayenne Turbo brake disc (Front) from '03-'08 was a 1pc. 350mm front except the '06 Turbo S which had a 2pc 380mm rotor. Both with 6 Piston Brembo Calipers although the Turbo S 6 Piston was a little larger.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    The standard Cayenne Turbo brake disc (Front) from '03-'08 was a 1pc. 350mm front except the '06 Turbo S which had a 2pc 380mm rotor. Both with 6 Piston Brembo Calipers although the Turbo S 6 Piston was a little larger.
    After upgrading my RS6 to Movits, I used my full RS6 setup with minimal difficulty on my 2001 allroad. As mentioned, you need to use the RS6 wheels (with small 10mm concentric hr spacers) and machine down the caliper brackets but otherwise it is plug and play! I can post picks if you want. I have been running them without difficulty for 2 years and 4 season heavy use.

Ilovegt100: I would very much like you to post the pics, as I am considering the RS6 setup.

Pics!

Sorry for the delay. My allroad RV (what is german for redneck?). I am installing an autohome roof top tent with awning this weekend and the ARB fridge/freezer has a coach battery system. APR Tuned. Toyguy short shifter and V1 display. Laser Interceptor Dual HP. Full RS6 Brake system. RS6 wheels and Bridgestones. Decatted. Those who say the RS6 system cannot be fitted onto an allroad have never tried to do so. Enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1..JPG 
Views:	203 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	12778   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2..JPG 
Views:	217 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	12779   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3..JPG 
Views:	221 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	12780   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4..JPG 
Views:	213 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	12781   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5..JPG 
Views:	202 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	12782  

Quote Originally Posted by ilovegt100 View Post
    Sorry for the delay. My allroad RV (what is german for redneck?). I am installing an autohome roof top tent with awning this weekend and the ARB fridge/freezer has a coach battery system. APR Tuned. Toyguy short shifter and V1 display. Laser Interceptor Dual HP. Full RS6 Brake system. RS6 wheels and Bridgestones. Decatted. Those who say the RS6 system cannot be fitted onto an allroad have never tried to do so. Enjoy.
    This is CRAZY AWESOME!!!!!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    This is CRAZY AWESOME!!!!!
    Thanks. I will post the pics of my RTT soon. I tow a small trailer with 2 PWCs but with only a class III 5k tow rating I cannot tow my 911 to the track- maybe I need an atom? I will post some pics of my RS6 that donated the parts to fit a Movit system and CCW wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovegt100 View Post
    After upgrading my RS6 to Movits, I used my full RS6 setup with minimal difficulty on my 2001 allroad. As mentioned, you need to use the RS6 wheels (with small 10mm concentric hr spacers) and machine down the caliper brackets but otherwise it is plug and play! I can post picks if you want. I have been running them without difficulty for 2 years and 4 season heavy use.
    Where can I see the Mocvits kit?