Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What happens when you post Audi content in an M3 forum

What happens when you post Audi content in an M3 forum

I posted this article:
    http://www.businessweek.com/autos/au..._blog_autobeat

in this thread (you need to be registered to view)
    http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=171861

and got these responses:

ooops... sorry, this should be in off topic
    Eric...

I don't know if their figures are correct, but in the US BMW has one hack of a powerful market machine.

To say that Audi isn't in competition with BMW is laughable and shows the narrow-mindedness of some people. It's explains a lot why people say choosing an Audi is the sign of intelligence and that is clearly true because on this forum we aren't full of half wits like these morons.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Audi sales have been on the rise:

Quote Originally Posted by EKaru View Post
    Audi sales have been on the rise:
    What about BMW and Mercedes?

As is common on other automotive sites, BMW trolls keep saying the same old BS argument that Audi is nothing more than a dolled-up VW. Which of course to anyone with any intelligence (must therefore exclude BMW trolls) knows this to be the a total fallacy. They know little about Audi and make false claims that Audi sales are declining when Audi is clearly one of the hottest automakers today - not to mention Audi is the second oldest premium luxury brand in the world and one of the oldest names in automotive history. It just cracks me up to hear BMW trolls try to defend their position of superiority when presented with facts that state otherwise. They continue to live in denial as do BMW exectives since they keep putting their foot in their mouths with the same comments. I guess Americans buy into it. The build question is the best. Yet Audi keeps slamming BMW in reliability and build -quality surveys, just look at the US Consumer Reports recommendations to see that. They are simply uninformed, but this is good. Even BMW executive trolls recently stated that Audi is not competition, yet Audi keeps kicking BMW's butt in Europe and China. Only in the US does BMW enjoy an advantage because of American's peculiar obssession with BMW as if it is the second coming (of what I do not know). But let the BMW trolls think what they want as the old adage goes, "Never underestimate the competition" because you just might wind up working for them because of your arrogance. The M3 is learning that nicely and so did the 7-Series when the A8 slammed it in every comparison. Just look at Motor Trend's most recent issue regarding 2008 models. Seems they give Audi overall higher recommendations than BMW. Even the financial numbers speak to Audi's gain. I have yet to see one of them defend their position in any logic manner. Trolls they all are.
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

When I read things like that I better understand why BMW make me sick... it's not their products (maybe to some extents) but more the people that buy them... I should generalize too much but still there's surely some truth behind that.

I don't feel like driving a car that’s bought by so many trolls.

The comment regarding Audi as a proof of intelligence really enlightens me! Thanks

Eric, I hope you continue to post on M3 forum. Don't let a couple of the BMW fanatics get you down. That is actually a great site and there are plenty of members that don't live and die BMW. Just like this site, you would expect members on a BMW forum to defend the car that they drive.

I frequent many forums, and I can honestly say that there is a little of everything everywhere. I own and love both brands. The same does not transpire for the rest of the world that own the brands individually.

Yuo've got too much time on your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Klint View Post
    Yuo've got too much time on your hands.
    You'd think that as a physician that I'd have better ways to spend my time.... Apparently not..
    Eric....

Actually we should be thanking BMW for making such wonderful machines because if it wasn't for them the rest of us (Audi, Mercedes, Lexus, Porsche etc.) would have more of these arseholes on our glorious web site.

Quote Originally Posted by EKaru View Post
    You'd think that as a physician that I'd have better ways to spend my time.... Apparently not..
    Eric....

When anyone starts to cross over brands (particularly on forums) you do end up with alot of time wasting as most posts about brands vs brands tends to be opinions from loyalists of those brands.

There is a distinct lack of facts in these cross-forum topics. i.e which results to alot of time wasted even reading them.

love both brands. there's a time you are into something then over it.
    I am on both now for sure. my next target: MB - 190E 2.3 16V (EVO)
    drive an almost track ready E30 325is with 1999 M3 engine. Am I done with this old bimmer? probably not, you always want to make your car better and better.

Banned
    Having been given a new A6 recently as a temp driver, I WISHED audi was based on VW. A Passat taxi in Ibiza had better interior.

Also, all Audis have FWD genes, which for me is off-putting. Audi is VWs Lexus like it or not and will be even more so as there will be more and more platform sharing.

Porsche Caynne = VW Touareg?
    but ppl don't care cuz they are buying "BRAND"
    most of ppl wouldn't know if platform is shared

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ANTHRAxx_ View Post
    That's sadly true.
    Most BMW Drivers are so narrow minded...

And Audiphile you're right.
    I read a recent article about grows of Audi, their market part in China grow at about 90% and they are selling twice as much cars as BMW and MB together,
    and BMW Exec's still trashtalk Audi, it would'nt be any competition for them.

But that has some good point, together with their arrogance (MB too).
    We had an exhibition some weeks ago, were Audi and BMW were there.
    Audi showed up with 7 engineers and 3 personal marketing ppl,
    bmw had just 3ppl there and were completly bored.
    So there is no question, most of us love Audi and would work there if they get a chance.
    BMW and MB will get the rest (speak the not so good engineers) and so their cars will get worse *G*

PS: Excuse my bad english... *laugh*
    The Chinese also LOVE Buick. They also make cars like Geely and Great Wall. I think their love for Audi is damning.

You know the really silly thing about all of this, if the Mini's sales were taken out of BMW's sales total the difference between Audi and them wouldn't be the great. And if the 3series and the A4 sales were taken out of both brands sales totals then I reckon Audi would be ahead, such is the importance of the 3 series to BMW's overall sales.

Statements that RussianM3_dude come out with are just typical of the breed.

In case you didn't know what the letters BMW stand for I will explain.

Bloody Minded Wanker or Break My Windows if you happen to live in Detroit.