Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RS4 beat again in another test new M3:)

RS4 beat again in another test new M3:)

This is the link where the test is...http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...xecutives.html

Audi rocks man

To the best of my knowledge this M3 was another one fitted with the trick dampers. It might not be the best option to pick.
    Search and you will find the truth.

don't care...RS4 wins and wins and wins another and another review in front of new M3...and in drag race of course...4.2-4.4s are almost every journalists cathing the times of RS4 in any review and M3 has been tested to be 4.7 and even 4.9s and in a drag race RS4 will eat M3 because of the rear bias Quattro and 5kg less weight in front of the new M3...and on Nurbugring for sure the new M3 will be kicked off by the RS4 who has demonstrating his abilities and had the time of an M6 and when the best driver was in the car did in 6 seconds less then the M6...so what do you think Audi will do to BMW (even the new journalist said that Audi will kick absolutely every single BMW in any review by 2010, i would say less than 2010...i think 2008) when RS4 is eating new M3 and next year we expect the new RS4 with more than 450HP and new RS5 to have 500HP and TT-RS to have 365HP and less weight and of course RS3 to put more power to beat 135i Coupe and Hatchback...Audi rocks man...R8-V10 to beat SLC from Mercedes and the next rival from BMW...so we shall see great future from Audi Quattro G.M.B.H.

Banned
    M3 is LIGHTER then the RS4. Jeez, some people are so thick. BMW quotes ALL their weights with a 68kg driver, 90% fuel and all fluids. RS4 is quoted in an undriveable state. There is still a 70kg weight difference in favour of the M3 as well as much better weight balance.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianM3_dude View Post
    M3 is LIGHTER then the RS4. Jeez, some people are so thick. BMW quotes ALL their weights with a 68kg driver, 90% fuel and all fluids. RS4 is quoted in an undriveable state. There is still a 70kg weight difference in favour of the M3 as well as much better weight balance.
    Of course the RS4 is heavier than the M3, but what is really the point of this. At present the M3 has lost more battles again the RS4 than won and I reckon the problem is the suspension. Until we have an M3 with normal suspension I doubt we have seen it at it's best.

I must say there is a lot of people who have posted on this site that the new M3 would destroy the RS4 who are sitting with egg on their faces.

Not to gloat or anything but it sure feel GOOOOOOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I must say there is a lot of people who have posted on this site that the new M3 would destroy the RS4 who are sitting with egg on their faces.

Not to gloat or anything but it sure feel GOOOOOOOD.
    It actually feels GREAT!

In favor of the BMW
    2 years younger (so more engineering in it hopefully)
    Lighter; two doors less and carbon fiber all over the place
    better weight balance (for what it's worth as we can see!)
    Path openned by Audi (they only had to follow and beat)

And still the RS4 is beating the M3. I would even add, that being equal would still be a major defeat in BMW's camp. With all these advantages you can't just be equal or else you really failed somewhere big time!

So yeah, it really feels great to see the current results. They should have gone with an aggressive pricing and continue to compare to the S4 instead of trying to chew on the RS4 by raising their price close to it.

So you choose: bad marketing or bad engineering but someone missed the point at BMW this time. I'm not complaining, I'm actually quite satisfied

Banned
    The new M3 is still a better drivers car. For many people, the RS4 is a better overall package. Is the RS4 better then a Exige S? It probably will win in a head to head comparison. So what? Lets wait for REAL head to head tests, I have a feeling a lot of "Lord of the Rings" will be embarassed.

so those 4 or 5 magazines who tested the cars where stupidish?and you are better than evo mag, autocar, etc?!excuse man but...RS4 demonstrated again that is world car performance of the year 2007 so....M3 is a shittie against RS4 in drag race, on racetrack or any other test...you will see that even Autobild and Auto-motor-sport germany will have their tests and take the RS4 for 1st place...

Banned
    Dunno, a 335 was able to take out an RS4 on track at least once...

[QUOTE=RussianM3_dude;101700]Dunno, a 335 was able to take out an RS4 on track at least once...[/QUOTE

the test between the Rs4&335 can't be trusted ...was it even the same driver of the cars? Very strange otherwise ...the M3 can't keep up but the 335 would be faster

But I must say ..for pure power to price I'd easaly take 335i (touring) ..what an engine, with a chip I think it would easily kill an S4! Feels kind of strange when BMW is making a prefect turboengine and Audi is building highrev V8.s

I have a great feeling Audi will find back to their roots ...building a new 5-cyl engine with a sound BMW never can match (ala S1) ...and with superfast DSG transmission!

The test in which the 335 beat the RS4 by one second is extremely fishy. Not only did they state that the RS4 was faster through the corners, but also faster down the straits, and to top it all of they even recorded faster section times in the RS4. seams to be a case of 2 + 2 = 5 for BMW and Driver to put down the RS4
    Phantom Black B7 RS4
    Nuespeed Short shift
    Catback Milltek non res/non valved
    Stassis Ohlins Coilovers
    Hsport sway bars front and rear
    Euro steering wheel

you can't compare RS4 to 335i because RS4 is another league where performance is way out from this world and 335i is killed by the RS4!And another thing i would like to say if the 335i is "so good" as you said why BMW has an M3 to rival RS4 and new M3 was killed by the RS4, are you insane?!M3 is the best coupe from BMW not 335i (that's a crap) but even M3 was killed down by the RS4 after 3 years of developing the M3, RS4 was even better than this... And the other thing is that Audi is building the best Turbo engines in the world and i heard that at least 2 high performance engines will be in the future range of audi, so be patient or buy and RS6 and kill again M3, M5, M6 or whatever BMW you want...just 1month to wait man...be patient...by then we all know that RS4 beat the crap new M3 and that's it...

Banned
    Performance wise, the new M3 is ahead of the RS4. All magazines admit to that. Read Evo and Top Gear and weep.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianM3_dude View Post
    Performance wise, the new M3 is ahead of the RS4. All magazines admit to that. Read Evo and Top Gear and weep.

Sorry, are we talking about acceleration. If so is that really such a big thing apart from possible boasting rights down the pub.

If that's your only line of defence then I reckon you have lost the battle already.

Banned
    Acceleration, handling, engine, engine sound, balance etc etc etc.

I was just driving this pig... I mean RS4 in the hilly roads and it was terrible, massive understeer and I almost wiped out when I had to brake moderately hard on a very SLIGHTLY curved straight. Just pathetic.

I reckon you need to ask your mother for some driving lessons as she have clearly mastered how to drive a car with awd.

Banned
    I am an ok driver, as far as I understand the reason for Quattro is that it makes even rubbish drivers look good, so I must be either truly terrible or just out of this world sublime ;-)