Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RS4 beat again in another test new M3:)

I reckon your first reaction was correct.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Banned
    Maybe, maybe. I'll confrim after Mugello this month.

i think your place is not on this forum, somebody please ban this idiot who thinks his god when driving?!!please guys ban this idiot who trash us with his humageous selfish liers and his bmw fanatism on audi forum?!that's what we want guys?!and for you mr bmw...get a job and polish some M3 wheels because RS4 beat the crap in acceleration drag races and racetrack new M3

Quote Originally Posted by RussianM3_dude View Post
    Acceleration, handling, engine, engine sound, balance etc etc etc.

I was just driving this pig... I mean RS4 in the hilly roads and it was terrible, massive understeer and I almost wiped out when I had to brake moderately hard on a very SLIGHTLY curved straight. Just pathetic.
    Just to explain something for you, the cornering speed of a RS4 is within 1 mph of a M3v8 depending on the corner involved, so for the RS4 to experience massive understeer the new M3 was be doing the exact same thing.

Another thing, how the hell do you nearly get wiped out by braking mid-corner, anyone who understands how modern roads work will know that this statement is unbelievable and plain silly talk. You brake, nose tightens line, that's it, no drama, no trouble.

I believe that you are making yourself look silly, so should take a note from how to drive a car, in other words - put brain in gear before opening mouth.

Sorry for being as blunt.

Banned
    On a long strait that curves slightly (about 250meters long) I brake because I see traffic ahead, the tail begins to slide. Not THAT much, but enough to take away confidence in the car. I've had similiar experiences before, in one I almost side swiped the pavement.

On a long strait that curves slightly (about 250meters long) I brake because I see traffic ahead, the tail begins to slide. Not THAT much, but enough to take away confidence in the car. I've had similiar experiences before, in one I almost side swiped the pavement.
    Were you really driving RS4? Such a thing wouldn't even happen to my A4! I found this hard to believe.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]quattro rules...[/SIZE][/FONT]

Sorry for laughing but it is amazing to think with all the other things that are going wrong with your RS4 the handling/brakes are another thing that has to be added to the ever growing list.

Banned
    Magazines have noted that the RS4 is busy under braking. Maybe none of you are ever in a situation where you face a curved road, but here in Switzerland there are very few straight roads. I get a racetrack like road every day on my way to work.

As some of the roads I drive on daily are used as special stages in local rallies. I reckon I should know about what makes a good challenging road.

Banned
    But do you drive an RS4??? I tell you what I get when I drive, take it as is.

his an idiot and everybody saw that...it's only a lier from m3 or m5 forum trying to "upset" us with his stupid unbelievable liers...mouroun...RS4 is WORLD CAR PERFORMANCE OF THE YEAR 2007:why the hall he get this prize?because bmw makes better cars stupid m power fan?yeahhh?you are selfish idiot on a clearly better forum than yours...somebdoy please get him a prize for stupidity...

Sounds unbelievable. I am sorry to say this, but how can you prove you do own an RS4?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiSuperDriver View Post
    his an idiot and everybody saw that...it's only a lier from m3 or m5 forum trying to "upset" us with his stupid unbelievable liers...mouroun...RS4 is WORLD CAR PERFORMANCE OF THE YEAR 2007:why the hall he get this prize?because bmw makes better cars stupid m power fan?yeahhh?you are selfish idiot on a clearly better forum than yours...somebdoy please get him a prize for stupidity...
    Learn English first before using big words you can't spell. Kindergarten stuff above.

Banned

Happy?

First of all , sorry for my bad english .

The best road to have "fun" with an Rs4 is a winding one , perfect traction no matter how twisty the road can be . Last week I took some relatives to a mountain town , when coming back home (alone) I reckon having a lot of fun , high speed curves on the "modern" side of the road , no problems , and on the "old" side , bad pavement , tight turns followed by small strights conected to some turns and so on , delightful , my Rs4 (yes I have one too ) eated the road .

Seems to me that you have to adapt your driving style to the car you drives , if driven properly is one of the best .

The first car on this pic is an Rs4 driven by an actual race driver , he was our instructor . One of the first things that they teach you is how to brake on a track .
    On this "R8 track day" we braked well into the turn , at the entry hard and then slowly easing the pressure on the pedal before accelerating again before the exit . The instructors have no problems at all , their Rs4 reacted like the ones I tried two years ago on the same circuit , and last year on a different one , perfect .

BTW Rs4 & M3 . They are two great cars , completely different but that is good , get the one that better suits your technique and taste .

Have fun .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inside2S.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	5391  
    When you have eliminated the impossible , whatever remains , however improbable , must be the truth.
    ..Sherlock Holmes..

Not a RS4 but I use to have a S4 and the basics are the same, I have driven many exotic stuff from Porsche to Audi to BMW etc. and the one car that gave the most confidence to be pushed hard was the RS4.

My back ground is Karting and rallying. Both at club level so I wouldn't call myself the worlds best driver but by the same token I am not the worst. If you are finding the your RS4 unpredictable under braking then there most be something very wrong with your car.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Not a RS4 but I use to have a S4 and the basics are the same, I have driven many exotic stuff from Porsche to Audi to BMW etc. and the one car that gave the most confidence to be pushed hard was the RS4.

My back ground is Karting and rallying. Both at club level so I wouldn't call myself the worlds best driver but by the same token I am not the worst. If you are finding the your RS4 unpredictable under braking then there most be something very wrong with your car.
    Agree with Leadie, you might want to get your car checked or test driven by an experienced driver/instructor.

I usually don't comment on such things, but RussianM3_dude.... Your driving experience seems to be like the cause of most aircraft crashes, operator error. Also, if it truly isn't you and your car is really that bad, you need to have the whole thing checked by an Audi Service Center at once. Please for your safety and everyones' piece of mind have it looked over.
    [IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q189/bushido01s4/mcaskyline.jpg[/IMG]