Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My S5

Quote Originally Posted by MPT View Post
    Can you please tell me a bit more about it ? I have heard it, and i LOVE the sound. But as a professional, how does it compare to the one in the A8 ?. Have you heard Volvo's Dynaudio, if yes, how does it compare to this one ?
    Glad to help MPT,

I haven't heard the A8 but there is a small but noticeable difference between the B&Q system in the A5 and the Bose system in the Q7, the sound are similar but differ in that the Bose has a fuller more rounded bass but is ultimately the less accurate for it. The A5 system is surprising spacious, equal to if not better than the Q7 and when you consider the cabin space difference this is amazing. Ultimately the B&Q system is better than the Bose but to maintain an accurate sound balance between the highs and the lows while driving you have to adjust the bass control up a couple or three positions which at normal listening volumes isn't a problem, the higher the volume goes the more distortion is introduced because of the increased bass.

Don't get me wrong, for the money I reckon only one or two OEM systems are it's equal, the Volvo Premier system is one of them and the Lexus IS range system being the other. Firstly the Volvo system, it has the best sound balance for a car of any OEM system around, to include 8" woofers in the front door is a real commitment from a manufacturer to it's sound systems. The only problem I have found with the Volvo/Dynaudio setup is left to right balance, it's centre sound stage is most dependent on where you are sitting, a good system like the one in the Audi still has a similar placement of instruments regardless of where you are sitting. The Lexus probably sits in between that is the Audi and the Volvo, getting closest to the Volvo in sound balance while matching the Audi in placement.

If sound is your number one reason for buying a car then pick the Lexus but all that will say about you is that you are a boring guy who likes his music.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Arslanoff View Post

I have one more question. According to the button of the seats heading on your clima, can we say to 6 position seats heading and get only one or it is still some how adjustable?
    I don't understand what you mean, the Q7 has a similar setup to that of the A5 which means when you hit the seat heating button on either side of the dash you adjust the setting from 1 ~ 6 by the rotary knob beside it.
    Search and you will find the truth.

OK, got it, just never used that system and liked the wheels of adjustment on previous one. Thanks

Congrats on the S5.
    That’s an impressive stable of cars mate,any chance you can post some larger photos?

Very nice car , congrats .
    Just a question , how is the rear space ? is easy to get into and out of the car?
    I am a bit concerned about the rear seats but the car is beautiful , waiting for the Rs5 .
    When you have eliminated the impossible , whatever remains , however improbable , must be the truth.
    ..Sherlock Holmes..

Just a quick question about your "stable" Which car is sitting behind the S5 in your drive along with the DB9 and 360 ? Very nice collection ! R8 on the cards maybe ? Replacement for the 360 ?

Quote Originally Posted by IulianUM View Post
    Just a question , how is the rear space ? is easy to get into and out of the car?
    I am a bit concerned about the rear seats but the car is beautiful , waiting for the Rs5 .
    I'm 1,90meters tall and the rear seat is way too small for me.
    Entry and exit is quite okay, and if i could remove my head i guess it would be enough space but right now I have to bend my neck to fit.

// Markus

Quote Originally Posted by IulianUM View Post

I'm around 183cm, and i have no problem fitting in the back. There isn't a lot of room for my head, but i can sit there. The worst part is getting out - but i think this is a matter of technique / practice.

Oh yeah, btw. i'll proberbly be placing an order on a 1.8TFSI / 2.0TFSI / 2.0TDI in a couple of weeks. What a lovely car.

Regards.
    Audi - Vorsprung Durch Technik