Thread: Looking to buy an RS6 and have some questions.

Looking to buy an RS6 and have some questions.

Hello, well this past wednesday my baby A6 4.2 caught fire and i think it is probally totalled. So i have some questions i am looking at a RS6 Ebony Black/ White Interior CF Trim and SE Exhaust. It has 48,000 miles and looks pristine. The one thing i am worried about is that i want a warranty and the car is out of warranty. How much is it to get a warranty on a RS6? Also i have H&R coilovers that i never installed on my 4.2, do they fit on the RS6? Some mods i am also looking into is Giac Chips/Divertervalves/Milltek DP's/ K&N Air Filters. What you guys think? Thanks..........

PS: I am also looking at the B7 RS4 and opinions about that car compared to the RS6
    10' B8 S4 6MT- GIAC S1, Injen Intake, AWE Catback
    93' C4 S4 5MT- VEMS, GT30R, Built Motor etc...

Shocks should fit. The Bilsteins are the same model number for all A6's and the Stock S6 and A6 shocks reportedly fit in the RS6.....

Mike

you should get a warranty. it is a complicated motor, and poor access particulalry escalates costs e.g. unlike other a6's, to replace the steering rack, the engine must come out...
    dave
    '03 rs6
    '04 allroad tdi

i have an rs4 avant but i never drove an rs6.
    i think you cant compare them. the accel feeling in the rs6 will be much fatser because of the bi-turbo.
    my rs4 accelerates like a rubberband. not very spectacular...

Prices on warranties depend on your particular car, it's mileage, what's covered, etc. Best place to find out more is the dealer where it will be serviced. Go meet with their finance manager. Good luck!

Sorry to hear about your other car.....

As for the RS6 I wouldn't dare own one without some level of warranty..... it's worth paying more on the front end then having to worry about something like a tranny going or some hard to diaganose electric issue.....

that said it's the car I've owned to date - it pegs the grin-meter.....

I had a highly modded 2.7t before and it truly seems like they're not even related - a dramatically different feel to what is a shared platform.

it appears to be a good time to buy given the number on the market....

good luck !

Do the RS6...the RS4 has nothing in my opinion over the 6 having driven an RS4 once and then back into my car...and i prefer having the much larger back seat. Love this car and its gives me a huge grin everyday...and i mean everyday...I would suggest expanding your search to dealers around the country and get a Audi certified car...my dealer, Continental in Naperville, IL outside of Chicago has a nice black one for instance, with lower miles than what you are looking at, prices are great now with so many coming up for sale. Gave up trying to sell mine to save $ since couldn't eat the recent loss of value on them.

Do not own the car without a warranty...PERIOD...unless you are rich...transmission is a 12K repair and I am on torque converter number three and transmission no 2. A ton of repairs on this car require dropping the bumper/front off for access and dropping the engine for big stuff...you do not want to pay for the real cost of that.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Warranty in the EU?

Can one get a warranty when buying used RS6 from a dealer in the EU? Would that usual request?

Quote Originally Posted by Fast scooter View Post
    As for the RS6 I wouldn't dare own one without some level of warranty..... it's worth paying more on the front end then having to worry about something like a tranny going or some hard to diaganose electric issue.....

that said it's the car I've owned to date - it pegs the grin-meter.....

I had a highly modded 2.7t before and it truly seems like they're not even related - a dramatically different feel to what is a shared platform.

it appears to be a good time to buy given the number on the market....

good luck !

I'll second (or third...) the comments made so far. I've had BMWs, Saabs, Maseratis, other Audis etc. etc. and this is by far my favorite. I smile every time I sit in it and just firing it up, let alone actually driving it, is a gas. But yeah, make sure you have a warranty. You ought to be able to get a good deal on a CPO car and one that has some of original warranty remaining.

Warranty is critical, that's for sure, especially with continued DRC failures & cost to fix ranging from $1K (for valve only) to possibly over $6k (for entire system).

However, if you're concerned about warranty, it doesn't make sense to consider a chip or other performance-enhancing mods, since they will void warranty coverage for problems caused by them. That's certainly true of the Audi Pure Protection warranty sold by dealers in US, and I have yet to see an extended warranty contract that does not do the same (i.e. prohibit aftermarket performance enhancements).

With other Audis, some owners attempt to deceive dealers and AOA by, for example, switching the ECU back to stock before servicing. But the RS6 is a rare bird, so extra ECUs generally are inavailable or had to find. Better check ECU availability first if that is your plan.
    Current: 09 G8 GT

Previously owned includes: 03 RS 6, 00 Audi S4, 98 Audi A4, 05 Chrysler Crossfire SRT6, 86 Buick Regal turbo, 75 BMW 530i, 7? Lotus Elite, 72 Jaguar XJ6, 71 Audi 100LS, 69 Pontiac Firebird 400, 68 Dodge Charger, 52 Triumph TR2

Quote Originally Posted by Michal12 View Post
    Can one get a warranty when buying used RS6 from a dealer in the EU? Would that usual request?
    Here in germany dealers have to offer warranty for used cars for atleast 12 months, its a law. However given the current dollar/euro exchange rates i highly doubt that its a cheap thing.

I am based in Prague so the exchange rate is actually quite favourable
    But I am not sure about buying used RS6 from Germany - derestricted autobahns put lots of hard driving on the car, right?:eye:
    I thought it might be better to go for a car from Switzerland since they dont drive them so hard..

Quote Originally Posted by jonas21 View Post
    Here in germany dealers have to offer warranty for used cars for atleast 12 months, its a law. However given the current dollar/euro exchange rates i highly doubt that its a cheap thing.