Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Autocar: RS4 beats the M3..scans anyone?

Autocar: RS4 beats the M3..scans anyone?

Seems Autocar truly likes the RS4. Can anyone please scan the article? The mag is not yet available outside UK.

Here's a start.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72926

Note one of the comments: "The E46 M3 CS just pipped the RS4 (same author - same magazine) - thus I for one am disappointed in the new M3's results."

PRICELESS!!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Autocar-cover.jpg 
Views:	2982 
Size:	142.2 KB 
ID:	5274  
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

"On one particular stretch the M3 was borderline incompetent at putting power down; even in third on a bone dry surface the traction control light was almost permanently aglow."

"Concludes that the engine is better in the M3, but this alone is not sufficient to save the M3 from suffering a deeply surprising defeat in the hands of the, RS4....in all other areas, you name it the RS4 takes it."

Taz
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    B7 Audi RS4 Avant - Phantom Black
    B6 Audi A4 3.0 Sport Quattro Convertible - Volcano Black
    B5 Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE Saloon - Hibiscus Red
    Seat Leon 1.6 SE - Bilberry Red
    Porsche 996 Carrera - Arctic Silver

hahahahahahahahha..... just love it .....

If the two year old RS4 is putting up so much problems for the new M3.. what is the RS6 going to do with the M5?

A very pleasent - albeit very surprising - outcome given Sutcliffe's well-known (or I should rather say notorious) dislike for Audis and admiration for BMW's. His first take on the RS4 was not that positive - but then again, he also made a complete U-turn on the Veyron from fast nonsense to most complete supercar. So is the non-CSL M3 really so disappointing versus the high set expectations in the feel department? I am sure it will deliver very solid hard numbers, though, and the BMW-boys no doubt wave their flags with the CSL intro as well.

Anyway, Audi take note: do not drop the ball with the RS5 in the feel, feedback and agility corners, I repeat do not...The new S5 looks really gorgeous in flesh and is a good start, but we need an RS5 - not a turbocharged S5+

is this book out yet?? anyone can scan some text on this artical thx.

what did i tell you?spinnin spinnin wheels for no reason in bmw!!!AUDI ROCKS and desirve to beat them

Quote Originally Posted by Michal12 View Post
    Seems Autocar truly likes the RS4. Can anyone please scan the article? The mag is not yet available outside UK.

Here ya go:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=508457

i thought this is from another book. AutoExpress.

Quote Originally Posted by cally View Post
    i thought this is from another book. AutoExpress.
    Sorry, my bad, I did a copy/paste from a link I got at another site.

ahh icic, cant wait till this book is out.

Predicted Ring time by BMW people who talked with a Dutch car magazine "Autovisie"

Average E92 M3 trackspeed 156 km/h
    Track is 20,8 km

Quote Originally Posted by KK265 View Post
    Predicted Ring time by BMW people who talked with a Dutch car magazine "Autovisie"

Average E92 M3 trackspeed 156 km/h
    Track is 20,8 km
    = 8 mins.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    = 8 mins.
    According to this:http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?vie...ID=0&tID=10073
    perhaps BMW men are optimistic.156 km/h is under 8 min...

If the M3 was indeed capable of lapping the ring in 8 minutes this would be one hell of an achievement, considering the comments that all most all the magazines which have driven it says. I don't doubt that it's cornering speed will be the same if not higher than the RS4 but I doubt it will be able to get the same traction out of the corners to benefit so I reckon a time similar to the one achieved by the RS4 is most likely on the cards. I look forward to see the official time the M3 gets.

I was just wondering about what the BMW guys were saying about this 8 minute lap. Could this be the time they are hoping to achieve which would be very similar to what Audi got with their unofficial time (7:58s).

Just a thought.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Whoa, whoa! Hold it there, huge surprise, the RS4 weighs 5kg LESS than the new M3!!! Wow!!! Not so much a victory for the RS4, which seemed a bit portly before now, but a disappointment for the M3. BMWs have always been on the lighter side...until now, I guess...

WOW, the new M3 is simply a letdown, in my mind. As an DEDICATED Audi fan, I still expected the new M3 to trump the RS4. Instead, the M3 is struggling to match the RS4, winning some comparison tests, losing others, and overall, not meeting its expectations. Is BMW really just "leaving room" for the new CSL? I don't think so; the new CSL simply doesn't have a big enough buyer base to sacrifice the new, base M3 for its sake. It's the hardcore, RACER M3 that most people do not want over the regular, more street-able M3. Quite frankly, looking from a non-biased perspective, I believe that BMW has committed a crucial misstep with this new M3. They will have to live with it for years...

Am I missing anything? I'm interested in everyone's viewpoints on this issue.