Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Computer games

No there will be a PS2 version

Quote Originally Posted by LamboM View Post
    exsacly what I have and it sucks,
    But Soon I'm going to get a new one, I've got a budget of about 1000-1200$
    Any idea where can I get the best PC for that price range?

And about Enthuzia, it seems good but you know what?
    GT5 will be out in about a year or so and they say they are tring to solve many
    of the problems GT4 has, in the new one there will be driver's view and ferrari
    I'm not sure about lamborghini or porsche and the drifting problem will be solved but time will tell ...
    But maybe I will buy that Enthuzia After all GT5 is still a year away.
    procesor dual-core 1.8 -2 ghz

The problem with PC games is that when you get a display card that is the latest thing out, in 4 months there are already games which require a higher spec. I currently use a 3.4Ghz with 1056 RAM and a Radeon9800 PRO 256MB display and it's having problems with some games. I have ordered a Gainward GeForce 8800GTS 640MB which hopefully will work with everything for the foreseeable future.
    Search and you will find the truth.

ive got an intel dual core e6600, 2g of ram and an geforce 7900gt
    the game runs really smooth, got about 90fps.
    a geforce 5200 is unfortunatly not good enough, good gameplay starts with an 6600 of 6800, costs about € 100
    test drive unlimited is the game every car fan should have, it contains tons of sweet exotic cars , each with their own caracteristics and features.
    A6 2.5TDI 163

Quote Originally Posted by JaXx View Post
    ive got an intel dual core e6600, 2g of ram and an geforce 7900gt
    the game runs really smooth, got about 90fps.
    a geforce 5200 is unfortunatly not good enough, good gameplay starts with an 6600 of 6800, costs about € 100
    test drive unlimited is the game every car fan should have, it contains tons of sweet exotic cars , each with their own caracteristics and features.
    Absolutely - i just bought this, and a Logitech G25 steering-wheel, if you know it.

But no doubt, that GTR2, liveforspeed and GT-legends is the most realistic of car-simulators. Try one of these, if you havent - it's great fun
    Audi - Vorsprung Durch Technik

Ah, Grand Prix Legends, the best driver simulated game ever even with it's (by today's standards) poor graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    The problem with PC games is that when you get a display card that is the latest thing out, in 4 months there are already games which require a higher spec. I currently use a 3.4Ghz with 1056 RAM and a Radeon9800 PRO 256MB display and it's having problems with some games. I have ordered a Gainward GeForce 8800GTS 640MB which hopefully will work with everything for the foreseeable future.
    It will be enough but not for too long.
    You see, the gts is a good card but it is the weakest and cheapest of nvidia's
    8800 series cards.

TDU really seems like a nice game , but it need a hell of a mechine for that, it's
    a very demanding game to the PC, I'm not sujre there are many pcs that can run it and even if they can they must be really strong and very up to date.

I haven't played GTR 2 but I do have 1 and it is great, there are driver view problems there though are they fixed in GTR 2?
    And liveforspeed, I have the demo, and I'm thinking of buing S2, but it is so relistic that it's hard!! the steering is really heavy there.

Grand Prix Legends heard of it but never played it...
    Last edited by LamboM; August 6th, 2007 at 15:45.

8800 series cards.

TDU really seems like a nice game , but it need a hell of a mechine for that, it's
    a very demanding game to the PC, I'm not sujre there are many pcs that can run it and even if they can they must be really strong and very up to date.

I haven't played GTR 2 but I do have 1 and it is great, there are driver view problems there though are they fixed in GTR 2?
    And liveforspeed, I have the demo, and I'm thinking of buing S2, but it is so relistic that it's hard!! the steering is really heavy there.

Grand Prix Legends heard of it but never played it...
    Regarding TDU, my PC is a couple of years old, and it runs it perfect? AMD Athlon 3700+, 1024mb kingston RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT (128mb DDR3) - and really, i havent experienced any problems.

BUY S2 license. The online-part is really great, and there are some fun cars!
    Audi - Vorsprung Durch Technik

8800 series cards.

Unless your one of these sad types that must have the latest computer gear as soon as it comes out, the 8800GTS in either 320mb or 640mb version will be considered good for a few years yet. It is only seconded by its vastly more expensive 8800gtx/ultra cousins (although the ATI 2900xt does run it close). Its a very sensible choice of card. (see tomshardware.co.uk for reviews)
    Hardware capability of the latest cards is outstripping pc game development. Developers are scared of introducing super complex games that wont run well / at all on 80% of PCs.
    A possible worthwhile upgrade to consider in the near future would be to upgrade from 1gb to 2gb of memory. A lot of programmes run more 'comfortably' with 2gb - especially if your running with Vista.

Leadie - is your current 9800pro card a PCI - E version ? (as opposed to AGP)
    Your new 8800gts will be a PCI-E card, it will not fit your PC if your current card interface is AGP.

Lateknight,

I don't know but the guy who supplied the computer says it will work no problem and fit, also the power supply is up to the job.

P.S.
    Like you said about 2gd of memory, I have added this as well, two pair of matched 1gd memory. Was told this was to best option and worth the extra investment.