Thread: 996TT versus Audi RS6...The "enemy" has spoken...

Talking 996TT versus Audi RS6...The "enemy" has spoken...

996TT versus Audi RS6

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=89659

Quote Originally Posted by Bestof5
    Does anyone have real world performance data on how the TT does against a RS6?

This past weekend, I ran my 996TT x50 against a RS6 that was "chipped & Exhaust" both from stand still and rolling around 50ish. TT really performed on the rolling starts, but the RS6 had a stronger showing from the stand still, but still ended up behind.

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

The beast still has some potential!

I think it's hilarious that they are worried about a 4-door sedan that seats 4 adults COMFORTABLY. An apples-apples comparison would be with an R8. Or, let's see how the 996 does taking the boss and a client to lunch.

"They feel fast to the driver because of the torque, but in reality they're complete dogs."

Complete "Dogs"?

I'll take it he never owned one...

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

I was tailing a 996 GT3 on the highway and could almost keep up with it, it was only taking distance very slowly.

Also ran a standstill sprint against an F430. The guy didn't want to use the launch control obviously, so I kinda kept up with him till 160 km/h.

My RS6 is at 525HP and 741Nm. Measured times about 4.4 from 0-100km/h and 15.0 from 0-200 km/h.

The fact that I can have furniture transported in the boot and at the same time sprint, that is what I find so hilarious about the Avants
    Get out and drive

Quote Originally Posted by LU-RS6 View Post
    The fact that I can have furniture transported in the boot and at the same time sprint, that is what I find so hilarious about the Avants
    Sure it is !

Quote Originally Posted by LU-RS6 View Post

Precisly! Gotta love that!

I ran a 12.8 1/4 mile with my RS6 stock.

With a chip it would be in the 12.6-12.4 range.

Who really cares anyway? Different cars for different purposes.

I drove my RS6 from Atlanta to Huntsville, Huntsvillle to Montgomery, Montgomery to Atlanta over the last two days in terrible storms with rain and wind (thank you AWD!) In that time I also was on the phone, listening to XM radio, an audio book, met with clients hauled around a client with me along with my luggage, his luggage, laptops, demo equipment... and oh yeah beat the snot out of an SRT8 on my way home to Atlanta just for fun. I was drinking coffee at the time and yes, talking on the phone (Bluetooth headset).

Try doing that in a P car. (I've owned both a 993 and 993TT)

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    ... and oh yeah beat the snot out of an SRT8 on my way home to Atlanta just for fun. I was drinking coffee at the time and yes, talking on the phone (Bluetooth headset).
    Just like smokin cigarettes on the racetrack...

You da man.
    Jet Black/Imola Red, No Sunroof, Ground Control Everything, Magnesium BBS, a/d/s amp/speakers
    1993 Ford F250
    250k miles, 460ci, lots of scratches and dents, hauls anything and starts everytime

Ive met a new GT3 not long ago and we went for it. First he didnt notice my car at all and accelerated...i did the same. Some seconds later he realized that something was behind him Well, he wasnt able to pull away and when i was in front of him i wasnt able to pull away (we went upto 280km/h). I guess i would have beaten him if we would have gone faster but traffic conditions didnt allow that. Anyway some time later we were next to each other and he was make gesture of his car not going faster. I had to laugh but we both smiled....funny stuff.
    The GT3 has 110hp less than me (525) but obvisously is alot lighter. I have to admit that the sound of his engine is insane...not comparable to the RS. I also had the opportunity to testdrive an R8 last week and its sound is even more insane...i have no idea how Audi managed to get it pass through german laws for new cars. The R8 is as fast as the RS4 (atleast not noticably faster)....but its a fine car. Cant wait to testdrive the V10 once they put it in the car...

Yesterday on my way home going down the East-West connector I came upon.... a 996TT silver. Old guy with his girlfriend or wife. He raced to catch up to me check out the RS6 then we got ourselves lined up at the light with zero traffic. This stretch has a nice "bridge" to by-pass a bunch of subdivisions without any off-ramps or on-ramps and you can see for miles. Some nice curves as well.

So I prep for a race, put her in "S", A/C off, etc. I take off and the guy pusses out. I was gone. So I slow down look over like WTF? He races ahead like I'm the idiot so I chase then he stops looking over. Either he did try a launch and screwed the pooch or his girl was not amused. I didn't see if he attempted a launch since I had my hands full. I'm also not sure if it was a manual or TipTronic 996TT.

Who knows? Maybe he backed off when I took him and he wandered off tail between legs?

It was a nice P-car though!