Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PSS9's anyone else have knocking/clunking noises at really really slow speeds

fit a set of pss9's , it's the best thing i ever did ...

Registered User DetailersDomain's Avatar
    Aronis,

KMD Tuning out in Mountainside NJ did the work and sold me the PSS9's.

I don't recall but maybe $2500 to $3k.

I think I want to raise it a bit more and then I will align it.
    Phil Yiu
    Detailer's Domain
    e-mail: phil@detailersdomain.com

i don't know wether my car is loosening up or i have suspension
    poblems, it just feels bit skippy on the front and the back with cornering
    feels like it want to creep over my soulder , feels like jelly and
    sugestions?

Quote Originally Posted by craigrs62004 View Post
    i don't know wether my car is loosening up or i have suspension
    poblems, it just feels bit skippy on the front and the back with cornering
    feels like it want to creep over my soulder , feels like jelly and

sugestions?

Your concern sounds contradictary to me, firm "skipping" being the opposite of "jelly".

Either issue could easily be your tires. Check 'em and check the pressure. Keep in mind pressure increases with temperature. As the tires heat up, they become firmer and will skip more. I also suggest using a digital tire pressure guage accurate to .5 lbs or more. An old-style mechanical radial tire pressure guage is just not accurate enough. I bought a digital one for $15.

Quote Originally Posted by pyiu View Post
    hey everyone here is the update, raised the front suspension about 1/2 an inch and the noise now is about 99% gone I'm guessing if I raise it just a bit more it will go away.

I love the handling the PSS9's it tightens things up a bit and its not harsh at all.
    My setting are 6 all around.

+1, I raised all four suspension 1cm, then all like you say, free of noise and better handling.

i've got a rubbing noise from the back suspesion has anyone had this? alsoit just sounds like a bush that i rubbing on the lower arm do the bushes dry out and if so is it easy to replace ?? any help would be gratefull

Knocking Cluncking Noises at really Slow Speeds - Yes noise from front wheel area when turning at very slow speeds over differnt levels - such as turning into a raised driveway.

Anyone nailed it yet?

- When I turn right as above the noise eminates from the left wheel well - not a rotating noise, more of a rattle like a loose component.
    I reproduced noise for the Dealer - all looked ok, except very slight leak from both rear shocks - Yes fault at rear shock could create noise at the opposed front shock - not the likely cause of my problem - but changed all 4 shocks and both accumulators ( 25000 miles ) - Problem noise still there - So DSC not in the equation. and Pyiu having the same problem with PSS9's. Applying the calipers when the noise is produced makes no difference - so calipers out of the equation also.

We may not all be posting about the same problem - I shall get the steering rack torqued down, its not the stabilizer bar or links - Mmaturo eliminated those.

Anyone any closer to nailing it - or points we can definately eliminate?

Barry - Daytona Avant

Well, apparently they have recalled then Pss9's for the RS6 due to fitment issues. Perhaps this is what you are hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hy Octane View Post
    Well, apparently they have recalled then Pss9's for the RS6 due to fitment issues. Perhaps this is what you are hearing.
    Yep..Went to order a set last week and was told they were all to be sent back to Bilstein due to fitment issues and clunking noises. They expect a fix around February.

Sounds like Pop Corn

It happens to me as well, when I make slow turns in a parking lot or out of my driveway. I'm taking my car in soon and I will have them check the front end out.

Thanks,

John
    Always looking out for new info....

2003 RS6 Dahlback Racing DV's/K&N filters/Hyper Ground System/H-Sport Sway Bar/ - Revo Flash
    2007 Q7 4.2
    2004 A4 1.8T GIAC/B&M SS/ITG filter/AWE DV

I am not running PSS9's, I am on stock RS6 Suspension with the same problem noise - I spoke to Audi UK last week, they said they know of the problem and Audi Germany are looking into it, they do not know what is causing it, but it is not high on their list of priorities as it is not a safety issue . I asked if they had the same problem reported on any other Audi models and they said yes the A3 ?????

I have asked my man at the UK dealership to make enquiries from his end, and I shall be writing to Audi UK to log my problem and see what I can find out.

Lets face it - if it is not a problem caused by wear, but a design problem of a component or structure, we can not find the fault by trying to eliminate it by replacing parts.

If you have the problem, contact Head of the Technicl Team at Audi for your Country and see what you can find out and post here - more enquiries may push the matter higher up the list of priorities!

I will do likewise.

Barry Daytona Avant

So both PSS9 and Statis setup have clunking issues. Maybe the DRC system is best afterall!!!! Got to call Statis back to order their setup.

I am having the same problem as Barry in lace>UKlace> under the same situation described by Barry. I also have a stock suspension system and the same type of noise – a rattle like a loose component – coming from the front left wheel well. >>
    > >
    I went to couple dealers and have replaced the whole DSC system (all shocks and both accumulators) and even some brackets and bolts in the left wheel. >>
    > >
    The noise did go away briefly after one of the dealers did the alignment with some detail adjustments on the toe (according to the dealer).>>
    > >
    I am planning to take it back to the dealer next week and hopefully we can solve this crazy problem this time. >>

I've fitted several pss9 kit's and they have all been fine , there has not been a recall on the pss9 kit .
    I have been told they are out of stock until feb due to " production issues " . g

I'm with Barry and JCT2033, at extremely low speed turning the wheel, I get this grinding noise...

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    Got to call Statis back to order their setup.
    Nene, seriously, I'd wait to see if STaSIS fixes their clunking issue. We keep hearing of fixes in the works and my indie mechanic just spoke to STaSIS last week and still no fix. It's been months they've been promising a fix and now I'm growing doubtful we'll ever see this issue resolved.

Also note, the STaSIS clunking is much louder than the DRC clunking ever was!

I'm going to start to investigate Moton.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

Hearing lots of good things about the KW V3 coilover system for the beast. Perhaps the best solution out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Hy Octane View Post
    Hearing lots of good things about the KW V3 coilover system for the beast. Perhaps the best solution out there?
    I will let you know...I have a set on order.