Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My S5 has been built !

man, tell me us what your setup is. you gotta get loads of pics up when you get it! cant wait to see it!

oh yeah, and congrats bro !

Phantom Black - good :trash:
    Magma Red Sport Seats - Goood
    Advanced Key - Gooooood
    Bang & Olufsen Stereo - GOOOOOOD
    Carbon Atlas Interior - GOOOOOOOOD
    Very good choise man, hope to see hi-def photos of your new car soon here!

Perfect choice. Great taste, I envy you! You better take lots of pics and give very detailed impressions of the car. I don't have the resources to buy a car of that caliber but it's always pleasing to read impressions anyways.
    [img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/phEight/croppedcar.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by elstimpo View Post
    Just been told that my S5 has been built and is waiting in the factory for Audi to decide when they are going to 'launch' the car and deliver it to the UK. I was told middle of this month, but they now think it might be end of the month!

Thought S5 people might want to know !
    When did you ordered tha car?

Very nice specification on the car! Can't wait for pics!

Hope it arrives soon!

Congratualtions, I hope it's what you expected and more, the dilema you will have is listening to the sweet roar of that engine, or the sweet sound of the B&O sound system. And I am sorry to hear your M3 got stolen, by the way how many pounds did that beauty run you, if I may ask.

So in the US it would be more like $60-65 thousand, makes you wonder what the RS5 will go for, thanks

Congrats

Post Pics as soon as you get it! In fact, go get some pre-handover pics from the dealership right now!....Lol

Taz
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    B7 Audi RS4 Avant - Phantom Black
    B6 Audi A4 3.0 Sport Quattro Convertible - Volcano Black
    B5 Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE Saloon - Hibiscus Red
    Seat Leon 1.6 SE - Bilberry Red
    Porsche 996 Carrera - Arctic Silver

Cant wait to see pics, I know this car will look even better in real-life pics....

Quote Originally Posted by elstimpo View Post
    My S5 arrived at the dealer this morning. I'm picking it up at 1pm a week today
    so how do you sleep at night, I know I would have a hard time, knowing my car has arrived and I have to wait to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69 View Post
    so how do you sleep at night, I know I would have a hard time, knowing my car has arrived and I have to wait to pick it up.
    lol so true...

Congrats!
    Cant wait to see pics

Can't wait to see it!!
    Can you post some pics??
    Boris

elstimpo,

Nice combination, the black and red leather. It's interesting to hear from someone more use to driving an M3 as your opinion is more important than most. As some here already knew I had my name down for a TT-S but after a brief test-drive in the S5 I was sold on the car, much better to drive than the S4 I use to own and felt even faster than the small power increase would lead one to believe impossible.

The spec I have choosen is a little different.

Sprint Blue
    Silver Grey Leather
    B&O system
    Full Parking Plus system
    Cruise Control
    Auto Dim + Auto wipers
    In-dash Autochanger
    Auto Hill-hold

I decided against the Sat-Nav because I found the one in my Q7 to be nowhere near as good as the Garmin I also have and the experience I have had with Auto Start system isn't good (admittedly it was a Renault).
    Search and you will find the truth.

Leadie, I'd seriously consider the Nav+ if I was you if only to preserve the residuals as I think 95% of all S5's will have it. It's becoming a must in a £40k plus car.

My wife's S5 in no on the ship so should be with the dealer in a few days. Were are on hols for the 1st couple of weeks of Aug so we have decided to delay delivery till Sept 1st.

We've speced Phanton BLack, Pearl Silver Leather, Nav +, B&O, Parking Advanced (with rear camera), AMI, Keyless Entry, Comfort Pack, Adaptive Lights ('cos i've got them on my RS4), Cruise, Bluetooth, Hill hold etc. Lists at about £47k.

Elstimpo, love the photo's. Enjoy the car. Quattro is a wonderfull thing in the wet. You'll soon get used to leaving M3's for dead in our wonderfull summer weather!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    Leadie, I'd seriously consider the Nav+ if I was you if only to preserve the residuals as I think 95% of all S5's will have it. It's becoming a must in a £40k plus car.

My wife's S5 in no on the ship so should be with the dealer in a few days. Were are on hols for the 1st couple of weeks of Aug so we have decided to delay delivery till Sept 1st.

We've speced Phanton BLack, Pearl Silver Leather, Nav +, B&O, Parking Advanced (with rear camera), AMI, Keyless Entry, Comfort Pack, Adaptive Lights ('cos i've got them on my RS4), Cruise, Bluetooth, Hill hold etc. Lists at about £47k.

Elstimpo, love the photo's. Enjoy the car. Quattro is a wonderfull thing in the wet. You'll soon get used to leaving M3's for dead in our wonderfull summer weather!!!!
    Thanks for the advise, I will talk this over with the dealer as final spec doesn't have to be finalised until mid September.

Did you see a S5 with the Silver Grey Leather interior, all I saw was a swatch of leather from the book combined with the Carbon Fibre trim and I fell in love , but I would have loved to have seen the real thing. As for the exterior, I have had 4 Black cars and I am looking a change, I saw the RS4 in Sprint Blue and loved the way it's curves looked in the sun light and as the A/S5 shape is even more curvy this can only be a good thing.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Leadie, We've not seen the pearl silver yet, apart from the swatch, just like you. My wife already has the silver nappa in her TT, and the swatch was virtually identical so we decided to go with it. We've seen pictures of it too and it looks good. When we ordered ours we hadn't even seen a car so deciding on the trim was difficult so we decided to stick with the std brushed ali. we've since seen the steel mesh which looks great, and based on Elstimpo's photo's the carbon looks good too. We'll just have to see how ours looks, 'cos i'm sure it'd quite simple to swap.