Thread: selling my R8

selling my R8

Thinking of selling my R8 due this fall Ordered silver over black 6 speed with all the options. PM me if interested

is that the auto box and wat spec and how much

Quote Originally Posted by nyc123 View Post
    Thinking of selling my R8 due this fall Ordered silver over black 6 speed with all the options. PM me if interested
    why would you order a car you don't plan on having? easy, because you want to make money at the expense of a true enthusiast who would buy it, love it, and pay a fair amount for it. don't post this crap here. post it in the classifieds. this forum is for the people who actually love this car and want to post viable things that can invite discussion and passion for it. not a place to make money.

of course, if you intended to sell it at the exact price you paid for it that would be a different case. yeah right.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    why would you order a car you don't plan on having? easy, because you want to make money
    And what is wrong with making $$$

For what it is worth, he is a previous RS 6 owner, current gen S8 owner and was a potential R8 owner. Who is to say he was/is not a "true" enthusiast? "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone..."

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

I thought State side even the dealers can charge over list if demand out strips supply. Maybe he put his name and deposit down for one but after getting a test-drive didn't fancy it. I doubt any of the rest of us would be any different, especially if there was a few bucks to be made by waiting a few months.
    Search and you will find the truth.

r8

WOW all this controvery because somebody is offeirng to sell an r8. I put a deposit on a car a while back and put down more money when I ordered the car. the reviews have been great and being a long time audi enthusiast I was exited to see the car. Afer seeing the car in person recnetly I am not as interested in it, and I have come to really enjoy my porsche 997 TT the more I use it and don't think I want to make the switch. So as I said before if anybody might be interested let me know.

RXBG - I think you need to take the foot out of your mouth dude

i think that the true audi enthusiast who appreciates and respects his fellows should take his pecker out of their a$$es, and those who think it's ok for him to do that by selling it to them for a premium should lube themselves up well and be ready to smile and thank him for being such a nice guy.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

RXBG,

Am I not right in think that US dealers sometimes premium their cars if stocks are limited, personally if true then that is far worst than an normal customer doing the same. And I'll tell you this, he will get far less over list than what the dealers will get.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    RXBG,

Am I not right in think that US dealers sometimes premium their cars if stocks are limited, personally if true then that is far worst than an normal customer doing the same. And I'll tell you this, he will get far less over list than what the dealers will get.
    i have MANY relations direct and indirect with dealers in 5 states. not one of them is selling the car at more than MSRP.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Well that is the way it should be, I must have got it wrong then. You won't like what I have to say but being a businessman I would be doing the same thing, lets face it, he has been out of pocket for say $20K deposit for quite a few months, if me I would be looking a bit of interest on my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Well that is the way it should be, I must have got it wrong then.

No Leadie, you did NOT get it "wrong". There are several dealer who are in fact charging more than msrp, just as they did with the RS 6, just as they did with the RS 4. So Cal is the worst. Yes, if you look, you can find dealers that do not practice this, but I'd say here in the land of "I can't wait to be first", you could find nearly half of all dealers charge "stupid tax".

And I also agree there is absolutely nothing immoral about "flipping" or re-selling a vehicle for profit, afterall, if dealers can do it, why not anyone? Afterall, the next step would be saying all merchants are getting into the pants of their fellow man as they all mark up the product they are buying from the wholesaller (hence, why so may local shops hate the internet). I'm all for freemarket economics, and a large priced R8 is better in the eyes of some then no R8 at all.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan