Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RS5 SPY Pics

looking very hot. can't wait to see the specs. somehow i don't believe it'l be the exact same engine as the RS4.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

help me mamy help me...RS5 and RS6 in the same place...dammn both looks hot and the engines...wow, very very impressive stuff indeed!RS5 i think will have more power than the RS4 (as i heard 450-480HP) and RS6 will have 580HP and there will be even a higher RS6 Plus 630HP (aproximately)...that means the power range between those 2 versions it will be bigger than RS6 C5 and RS6 Plus C5 (50HP plus for the new RS6 Plus)...that's mean...and i found out another thing...that the new R8 V10 will have the normal aspirated engine from the new RS6 without the turbo's...that's super hot...100HP/L, 0-62 in 4s (factory) ....it will be also a monster

Quote Originally Posted by AudiSuperDriver View Post
    help me mamy help me...RS5 and RS6 in the same place...dammn both looks hot and the engines...wow, very very impressive stuff indeed!RS5 i think will have more power than the RS4 (as i heard 450-480HP) and RS6 will have 580HP and there will be even a higher RS6 Plus 630HP (aproximately)...that means the power range between those 2 versions it will be bigger than RS6 C5 and RS6 Plus C5 (50HP plus for the new RS6 Plus)...that's mean...and i found out another thing...that the new R8 V10 will have the normal aspirated engine from the new RS6 without the turbo's...that's super hot...100HP/L, 0-62 in 4s (factory) ....it will be also a monster
    This figure is correct.
    Search and you will find the truth.

That S5 type car looks so good, but what makes us so sure its a prototype RS5 ? Couldnt it just be an S5 at the ring ? I cant read German so dont understand the article that goes with it, so i dont know what their saying is different between this spy car and the standard S5. Its a very nice colour though, not one you see on Audi's much.
    The rims look good to !

If SuperDriver is correct and the RS5 is due for launch Mid '08 then I would have thought the development would be a lot more advanced than what these photos show. Think about it, here's a RS5 it's still using the S5 exhaust system, heck the RS6 from months ago was using the correct exhaust.

I personally reckon this is a S5 testing the new MagneticRide suspension system for the A5 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    If SuperDriver is correct and the RS5 is due for launch Mid '08 then I would have thought the development would be a lot more advanced than what these photos show. Think about it, here's a RS5 it's still using the S5 exhaust system, heck the RS6 from months ago was using the correct exhaust.

I personally reckon this is a S5 testing the new MagneticRide suspension system for the A5 range.
    Yes i didnt personally think it looked much like an RS5, especially with the dual tail pipes.

That thought crossed my mind to, it doesn't look like a RS5. I think you're spot on as always!

I do like that colour on the car, very nice!

they might be testing an automatic transmission for the S5? (question to qisha)

Quote Originally Posted by rs-6 View Post
    they might be testing an automatic transmission for the S5? (question to qisha)
    I forgot about the auto, yeah it's out early next year. Or could this be the new DSG that is to be launched with the introduction of the A4.

I forgot about the auto, yeah it's out early next year. Or could this be the new DSG that is to be launched with the introduction of the A4.
    So they will have a automatic transmission soon? very good news
    my father will probably order the future S4 Avant with automatic(or hopefully DSG)

i realise that something is strange in those pics from RS5 but definitively it's an RS5 not an S5 and guys don't you know about that the head of exausts from S and RS versions slightly have the same diameter in exausting the carbon dioxid off the car?!It only looks diferrent 4 pipes against 2 gigger pipes, but the air pushed in those evacuation is the same!For me my ideea is that Audi is testing and RS5 with the head of evacutiaon from the S5 to not speculate more and more before the introduction and presentation to the market and are hidding the differences between S5 and RS5 with the exaust, is simple to believe that and i think it's an RS5!

I think that it is not RS4, more over it is strange version of S4

Look at thet picture, some strange things that there is no headlight washers on the bumper, mirrors are painted - not aluminium, can't see the LEDs, foglight grill is different. Backside is 100% the same

No Headlight washers --> could be an A5 without Xenon
    no LED's --> also i think when you don't have Xenon you won't have LED's?!
    mirrors are painted --> you can order that also for an A5
    foglight grill --> i can't see the foglight grill really good on the red one

i think that's exactly the same car...just without xenon and in another color

the foglight grill had the 'RS' motive!

Looking at these images again i now realise that the orange model here has a honey comb grill surrounding the lower fog lights and air intakes and this is a feature of the RS models, so this could well be the RS5. Its only the top sports models from the VAG group that get that grill, such as GTI Golf RS4 ect, so it could well be the RS5.

It is true about the grill, but everything else looks strange. By the way, do you recognize this?

Thats right, so the same idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rs-6 View Post
    the foglight grill had the 'RS' motive!
    If you check out the standard A5 you will see the honeycomb design which isn't present in the S5. Maybe what we are seeing here is a S-Line A5 front end with a S5 rear end.

What does this all mean. F#ck knows.