Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RS5 SPY Pics

I think it will be 420-470 hp and on the market with-in 1.5 year IMHO.

Hans.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post

Hans.
    Yeah I think you're right, but I wonder why the dealer said 470+, my original thought were that it would be 450bhp. Anyway I think you're right about the timing too....

my dealer talked with dealer in moscow and after told me that the russian guy said that the engine will be 4.4 Bi-turbo, and that it will be much lighter than current 4.2 FSI ... the weight balance will improve, and the power distribution will be almost as same as on R8...

i'm not sure if the info is true but it is very strange.....
    can anybody explain where the 4.4 liter engine comes from?
    Maybe BMW is better than Mercedes or Mercedes is better than BMW but there is one car which better then both of them together... 25 years quattro..AUDI

past: Nissan Micra K11 1.3 16 valve;
    BMW 325 1995 192hp(stock) Chip tuning up to 207hp.
    Present: Audi A4 2.8L V6 237hp (intercooling system, injection, chip tuning)

Quote Originally Posted by El_cucaracha View Post
    my dealer talked with dealer in moscow and after told me that the russian guy said that the engine will be 4.4 Bi-turbo, and that it will be much lighter than current 4.2 FSI ... the weight balance will improve, and the power distribution will be almost as same as on R8...

i'm not sure if the info is true but it is very strange.....
    can anybody explain where the 4.4 liter engine comes from?
    Ah, this makes sense now. It does have higher displacement. I hope this is true...4.4 bi-turbo lighter than the 4.2FSI? That would be so good!

Hans.
    Iceman, i just slapped my monitor, thinking that there was a bug on my screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienr8 View Post
    Iceman, i just slapped my monitor, thinking that there was a bug on my screen.

Hans.

Iceman, I thought I had a bug on my screen too until I saw another post of yours. I've got to get one of those.
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

Well, to be frank, it is sort of bugging me that RS5 will probably walk the turbo way - why not modify the current 4.2 FSI NA to Porsche GT-like specific output of 115PS/L and shave off 100 kg...

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroFun View Post
    Well, to be frank, it is sort of bugging me that RS5 will probably walk the turbo way - why not modify the current 4.2 FSI NA to Porsche GT-like specific output of 115PS/L and shave off 100 kg...
    Torque, you won't get any more torque that way. And fuel consumption wold go up higher.

Quite - but with a lighter car and tightly stacked 7-step DSG you do not need more torque than 430-450Nm. You need hp. Turbo is great for the heavy RS6 - but not the RS5, which should have no turbo or transmission lags or air suspension filtering of the road...

470+ hp out of a 4.2 V8 FSI can only be Bi-turbo'd or the car need to have a new 4.8 litre V8 FSI engine with valve-lift.

Hans.
    From what I have been told the RS5 with have a smaller unit than currently in the S5. Whether this is an engine option currently been tested or a new direction that Quattro GmbH are taking for the next RS models, then I for one would welcome it with open arms as this will work to improve the overall handling balance of the car and make it even better than the present RS4 which if CAR magazines report is to be believed is still ahead of the next M3.
    Search and you will find the truth.

The rumour is that audi is developing a new gen V8 FSI Valve-lift engine.
    The new engine will be smaller/more compact but wil have more volume (4.4 litre ?)
    Beside that, Audi is developing a V6 Biturbo FSI engine rumoured for the new S4.

Hans.

typo removed.
    Last edited by Iceman; July 21st, 2007 at 17:16.

Mooi zo, precies zoals ik het wil hebben voor de rs5, een nieuwe 4.4 v8 motor
    hoop dat het gerucht waar is

Quote Originally Posted by DJim View Post
    Mooi zo, precies zoals ik het wil hebben voor de RS5, een nieuwe 4.4 V8 motor
    hoop dat het gerucht waar is
    Persoonlijk zal het me een zorg zijn wat ze er in hangen, is niet mijn type Audi.
    Geef persoonlijk meer om de TT en R8 en dan wel met 2.5 liter 5 cilinder turbo FSI (TT) en 5.2 liter V10 FSI (R8).

Hans.

Ja dat had ik al door dat je een TT fan bent
    ben wel benieuwd naar de TTS of TTRS, maar ik volg meer de rs5..
    maar verderrest is er zeker niks mis met een TT.. alleen het eerst model vond ik niks..

Quote Originally Posted by DJim View Post
    Ja dat had ik al door dat je een TT fan bent
    ben wel benieuwd naar de TTS of TTRS, maar ik volg meer de rs5..
    maar verderrest is er zeker niks mis met een TT.. alleen het eerst model vond ik niks..
    Vorige week zaterdag een blokje (20 min) om geweest met de R8 4.2 FSI.
    Geweldige auto maar ik kom op bijna 180.000,- euro uit als ik er één bestel.

Hans.

haha ja goedkoop is ie zowieso niet natuurlijk, al weet ik verderrest niet hoe het zit met jou bankrekening, ik ben in ieder geval 1 van de weinige die geen miljonair is op deze site geloof ik. maar ben dan ook nog 20 misschien dat ik ooit nog een foto hier kan plaatsen van mijn eigen nieuwe audi RS4 5 of 6:P