Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RS5 SPY Pics

Yeah Leadie's right. Check the pic...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	audi_a5_s5_live_10.jpg 
Views:	1395 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	5219  

ok, i apologise for my mistake but this proves that we can be quite sure that the S5 we're seeing is nog a 'normal' S5
    (stupid question, but isn't it like that that de Golf GTI with DSG has a 'closed' honey cumb grill, like this one, and the manual version has a 'open' honey cumb grill, like on the RS4?)

All GTI's have an open air intake, hence they have an intercooler.

I think this is just an S5 testing something like suspension, brakes etc. for an upcoming model (not necessarily the RS5).

The "missing" head light washers and LEDS comes with the xenon option btw.
    Audi - Vorsprung Durch Technik

Quote Originally Posted by MPT View Post
    All GTI's have an open air intake, hence they have an intercooler.

I think this is just an S5 testing something like suspension, brakes etc. for an upcoming model (not necessarily the RS5).

The "missing" head light washers and LEDS comes with the xenon option btw.
    I could be wrong on this but to the best of my knowledge the S5 has LED daylights and also has Xenon headlights as standard. Can someone check if I am correct on this.

Anyway back to topic, has anyone heard this S5 lookalike running back anyone with a bit of knowledge will be able to tell the difference between the exhaust note of a S4 and the RS4, so one can only assume that the same will be true of the S5 and RS5, don't you think.

Like I said, my guts says it testing some option that is currently not available to order on the A5 range, be it suspension, brakes or possibly transmission.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I could be wrong on this but to the best of my knowledge the S5 has LED daylights and also has Xenon headlights as standard. Can someone check if I am correct on this.

Anyway back to topic, has anyone heard this S5 lookalike running back anyone with a bit of knowledge will be able to tell the difference between the exhaust note of a S4 and the RS4, so one can only assume that the same will be true of the S5 and RS5, don't you think.

Like I said, my guts says it testing some option that is currently not available to order on the A5 range, be it suspension, brakes or possibly transmission.
    In some countries S5 comes with xenon stock, in some countries it doesn't. Anyways, this is not the point. Hence this is only a test car of some sort, it could be fitted with some stock parts, and some parts that are not stock.

By the way, agree with you about what your guts say
    Audi - Vorsprung Durch Technik

It should be test mule... it looks like S5 very much, but this car is strange.. the grill, colored side mirrors, the exhaust pipes of an S version.... this have to be RS5..
    Maybe BMW is better than Mercedes or Mercedes is better than BMW but there is one car which better then both of them together... 25 years quattro..AUDI

past: Nissan Micra K11 1.3 16 valve;
    BMW 325 1995 192hp(stock) Chip tuning up to 207hp.
    Present: Audi A4 2.8L V6 237hp (intercooling system, injection, chip tuning)

RS5 Photoshop

For sure is not a RS5 , but its time to start to develop from the S5 the new RS5 . But for a complete RS5 its to early .

Its a S5 with Big wheels .

Question: Does anyone have an idea when the RS5 will make its introduction?

Also, a question not related the RS5. But is there going to be both an A1 and A2 or just an A1? Anyone know?

Thanks....
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

i've just read in my local (from german translated magazine) audi magazine that the new RS5 Coupe will have AT LEAST 500HP...so be aware...the difference between RS5 and RS6 will be about 79-80HP so will be correct (and V8 for the RS5 but with bi-turbo)...great news?I THINK SO!And the other thing is that I AM SO SO HAPPY THAT BMW M3 IS A CRAP AND HIS REVIEWS ARE LOW...YES GOD THAT'S THE WAY I WANTED, THANK YOU RS4 remains the best in it's class and definitively will be beat even the new C63 AMG because of the 4.2-.4.4s to 100 and 4WD capable of putting more power down(i don't care if an idiot dyno some audi and said something I F....G DON'T CARE) RS4 IS THE BEST!!!!

V8 Bi-Turbo 500Hp.. I dont believe that.. Than it is a car to will kill all the bmw's and mercedes's not just the new m3.. one car against the rest:P.
    pleaseeeee let it be a leigtweight

Yeah, 4L bi-turbo seems to be the current bet - power and torque are nice, but this car should be lightweight-oriented and N/A. Hey, our beloved N/A RS4 could be the first and last N/A RS-car - a future classic?

Audi dealer in georgia told me that RS5 will have 470+ hp and that and the engine will be lighter than current 4.2 Fsi V8
    Maybe BMW is better than Mercedes or Mercedes is better than BMW but there is one car which better then both of them together... 25 years quattro..AUDI

past: Nissan Micra K11 1.3 16 valve;
    BMW 325 1995 192hp(stock) Chip tuning up to 207hp.
    Present: Audi A4 2.8L V6 237hp (intercooling system, injection, chip tuning)

Quote Originally Posted by El_cucaracha View Post
    Audi dealer in georgia told me that RS5 will have 470+ hp and that and the engine will be lighter than current 4.2 Fsi V8
    wow, can you find out if it is definitely twin-turbo'd ? I hope it is and if what you say is true, then we could have an M3 killer !

Quote Originally Posted by HKS786 View Post
    wow, can you find out if it is definitely twin-turbo'd ? I hope it is and if what you say is true, then we could have an M3 killer !
    470+ hp out of a 4.2 V8 FSI can only be Bi-turbo'd or the car need to have a new 4.8 litre V8 FSI engine with valve-lift.

Hans.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    a new 4.8 litre V8 FSI engine with valve-lift.

Hans.

Any more info? Sound a lot like a Porsche engine. Something I have been thinking for a while. If Porsche want to make more money, it can "give" Audi a bigger V8.

Quote Originally Posted by chewym View Post
    Any more info? Sound a lot like a Porsche engine. Something I have been thinking for a while. If Porsche want to make more money, it can "give" Audi a bigger V8.
    I only stated that it need to be 4.8 litre to get a arithmetical 470+ hp out of a V8 engine with some new technologie.

Hans.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I only stated that it need to be 4.8 litre to get a arithmetical 470+ hp out of a V8 engine with some new technologie.

Hans.
    Yeah you are right. I dont think they would go with a 4.8 engine though. They could still get away with it though since the IS-F and C63 have huge 5.0 and 6.2 litre engines.

I'm sure we will see twin-turbo technology in both the RS5 and RS6, I'm sure this is what it will take to out-perform the M3 and M5.

Edit: I'm sure the new RS5 engine will be in the next gen RS4, so if what the Audi dealer said about 470bhp, then we are looking at a 470bhp RS4 on the way! not any time soon though...