- Motor aus GSRX 1100

- 1100 ccm 115 PS

- Gewicht ca. 130 Kg

- Scheibenbremse vorne u. hinten

- Topspeed ca. 170 km/h

- Beschleunigung 0-100 unter 3 Sekunden

- natürlich alles Eingenbau!

http://foto.renn.tv/web/video/GIXXERKART.WMV

Kart-drifting, cool! Although I've seen that clip before it still amazes me...

A couple of questions though: First of all, I've driven a couple of karts, although nothing like that. But were is the clutch? I didn't see it and from my own experience there certainly isn't enough room for a third pedal, so were is it?

Second question; I drove a kart on a sunny summer day and the brakes were...well, lousy because of the heat! (I almost had a serious accident in a hairpin because of the lack of brakes! Luckily I manage to do a 90 degree stop-slide.)
    Disc-brakes they say, but can they keep up with the constant braking and weight?

Once again, that's a awsome kart! And the driver had a really nice shirt too..
    :snow:

Brakes? Who needs 'em?

I was in Denmark recently, and tried the Roskilde Racing Center, the biggest Go-Cart track in Denmark. The thing you never needed to use, was the brakes, only thing you did was let go of the accelerator, and slide.

One of the most fun things I have tried, and it was VERY tireing.

If anyone here goes to Roskilde festival this summer, they should swing by the Go-Cart track, it's a must.

He he... Well, my experience is that you don't need them, but it's a lot quicker than doing a four-wheel-slide into every corner!

And I AM going to Roskilde, my favourite group/idols
    :king: Metallica :king: are coming so I have no choice! I don't know quit yet If I'll be driving there or if I'm going by buss/train but IF I drive, I'll try to make a pit-stop at the kart-track!
    How much does it cost for, let's say an hour of driving?

That would cost you about 600 kroner. It might be much but it's worth it. Anyway you should try a half hour first, and try to stretch out, and see if your up for more.

I had pain all over my body after a half hour, hehe.

Originally posted by Snow

A couple of questions though: First of all, I've driven a couple of karts, although nothing like that. But were is the clutch? I didn't see it and from my own experience there certainly isn't enough room for a third pedal, so were is it?

Second question; I drove a kart on a sunny summer day and the brakes were...well, lousy because of the heat! (I almost had a serious accident in a hairpin because of the lack of brakes! Luckily I manage to do a 90 degree stop-slide.)
    Disc-brakes they say, but can they keep up with the constant braking and weight?

Excellent, gobsmackingly fast!!

I'm sure the lead singer of "The Prodigy" (featured band: The Prodigy-Firestarter) would love that. He has a modified Honda Fireblade with around 190bhp at the wheels, that's on a bike that weighs in at 170kgs. Also, he was the first (and possibly the only) member of the public to receive a TVR Speed 12. TVR actually persuaded potential buyers to buy something more sane, yes that's right! :bigeyes:

:MTM: :MTM:

As for brakes, there are three on this Kart, two on the front wheels and one on the rear axle, all look like they have 4 piston calipers on them and are crossed drilled. Should provide enough Stopping power.

As for the no clutch. It's a motorbike engine. It is possible to produce a simple mechanism which engages the clutch as the gear changes. Straightforward. Cars such as the Caterhams and the Westfields, that have motorcycle engines for power, are sequentially gearboxed.

Ok, that explains a lot cncerning the brakes and clutch. Thought it was a bit weird not actually seeing the clutch. The stopping power seems to be no problem with those brakes...

Hm, TVR Speed 12 you said? A further developed Tuscan Speed Six I suppose? That would surely be one-of-a-kind.

Actually, after the 911 Turbo (preferably the one from 1996(?) ) and of course a RS Audi, the Tuscan Speed Six is the car I want, I saw a Swedish car magazine on tv and was gobstruck by its looks and performance. A really cool car and also, not too usual. I cant imagine that there are more then maybe 10 or 20 TVR's in Sweden.

The TVR Speed 12 is nothing like the Tuscan Speed Six, except the use of two speed six engines, mounted together at the crank, to produce the 7.7 litre, 800bhp+, V12 powerplant.

Here you'll find the orginal TVR Speed 12...and here you'll find the later version.

Holy... I had no idea that they had produced a monster like that!! :MTM:

I like the original more than the Cerbera. But this Cerbera does look a lot cooler than the standard. But I guess you can't care less about the looks when you're driving it!