Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EVO - R8 Vs M6, C4S, AM V8 Prodrive....

Those times are amazing!! Beating the F430 and GT3 on a track is just out of this world. Oh, and the verdict isn't that bad either

I see this from a different angle: do you think next RS4 will get "only" 450hp??? This car is minimum 5 years from now and current RS4 engine with only 30hp more would be a big dissappointment. These cars (RS5, RS4) will need at least 500hp to keep up with opponents. Ok, M3 is not a real competitor, but look at Mercedes-Benz, with their new 6.2 L engine which they give to almost every AMG models they are very hard to beat. E63, CLK63, CLS63 are cars which are faster than any current models. Ok, maybe Audis left behind them on the ring but one could not always refer to corners. This is a point which Audi must admit, not every people know cars so much to consider Audi is better although they are slower in straight line.
    I try to stand for a conservative and acceptable standpoint here, but if car buyers see everywhere that Audi is slower than others, they will probably buy the other brand. Thats why i write things like this.
    /sorry for my poor English, i hope you understand what i mean/
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

Quote Originally Posted by Toto89 View Post
    I see this from a different angle: do you think next RS4 will get "only" 450hp??? This car is minimum 5 years from now and current RS4 engine with only 30hp more would be a big dissappointment. These cars (RS5, RS4) will need at least 500hp to keep up with opponents. Ok, M3 is not a real competitor, but look at Mercedes-Benz, with their new 6.2 L engine which they give to almost every AMG models they are very hard to beat. E63, CLK63, CLS63 are cars which are faster than any current models. Ok, maybe Audis left behind them on the ring but one could not always refer to corners. This is a point which Audi must admit, not every people know cars so much to consider Audi is better although they are slower in straight line.
    I try to stand for a conservative and acceptable standpoint here, but if car buyers see everywhere that Audi is slower than others, they will probably buy the other brand. Thats why i write things like this.
    /sorry for my poor English, i hope you understand what i mean/
    Jesus When are these horsepower wars going to end??? Why give the RS4 450-500 HP? Why not instead focus on weight saving technlogies, improvements to the chassis, and the overall dynamics of the car. I think at this point, adding 50-100 hp to the next model is retarded. Look how the R8 is crippling the competition of cars costing double its prices. I hope they put the same magic into the RS4 and 5.

Audi is concentrating on destroying BMW because Mercedes Benz it doesn't make sporstcars in real life, they can't build even an drag race faster car than an Audi (should i ask you to see again the SL 55 vs RS4 drag race?) Audi is making the faster premium car in the world on their categories isn't that clear for you?!Look what it did R8 with less power but the best shassy in the world!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Damienr8 View Post
    Jesus When are these horsepower wars going to end??? Why give the RS4 450-500 HP? Why not instead focus on weight saving technlogies, improvements to the chassis, and the overall dynamics of the car. I think at this point, adding 50-100 hp to the next model is retarded. Look how the R8 is crippling the competition of cars costing double its prices. I hope they put the same magic into the RS4 and 5.
    Friend, you should consider many factors in this question. Let's see what's are them:
    -weight saving is a good thing but if you want as good weight/power ballance as a 500hp version could have, you should decrease it's weight at about 150-200kg and this easily could be more expensive than giving a more powerful engine to it.

-When i say 500hp, i imagine a V8 biturbo power plant. This is what Audi has much more experience than in any other concepts and cost slightly more than an RS4 engine.

-R8 is a masterpiece, you are right when you want "the same magic" in a similar-engined car, but it's not so easy as it sounds: first of all RS4 has a great engine and a magnificent drive train which makes it better than the faster and more expensive E60 M5. R8 has the same but with the world's best build up: flat, wide, mid-engined race car. This is "the magic" which makes it a killer on the track.
    You can't expect this from a front-engined coupé in my opinion. With RS4 engine, RS5 would be slightly faster in straight line but nothing else. With Biturbo, that could also be a killer.
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

Quote Originally Posted by tazsura View Post
    Hey guys,

Been a while since my last post...have been in Miami. Great place....;-)

Anyway, latest issue of EVO has the test results and track time of the R8...

Shocking! would be a word to describe......

SHOCKINGLY AMAZINGLY GOOD THAT IS!!!

Taz

The test in Greek language.Audi won Porsche says at the end :

Quote Originally Posted by Toto89 View Post
    Friend, you should consider many factors in this question. Let's see what's are them:
    -weight saving is a good thing but if you want as good weight/power ballance as a 500hp version could have, you should decrease it's weight at about 150-200kg and this easily could be more expensive than giving a more powerful engine to it.

-When i say 500hp, i imagine a V8 biturbo power plant. This is what Audi has much more experience than in any other concepts and cost slightly more than an RS4 engine.

-R8 is a masterpiece, you are right when you want "the same magic" in a similar-engined car, but it's not so easy as it sounds: first of all RS4 has a great engine and a magnificent drive train which makes it better than the faster and more expensive E60 M5. R8 has the same but with the world's best build up: flat, wide, mid-engined race car. This is "the magic" which makes it a killer on the track.
    You can't expect this from a front-engined coupé in my opinion. With RS4 engine, RS5 would be slightly faster in straight line but nothing else. With Biturbo, that could also be a killer.
    I agree with all your points to an extent, but I think the costs involved with weight saving compared to a turbo charged version of the V8 should be about the same. I would rather the car lose 150kg than have the enginer turbocharged with 50 extra hp, easily. :cool2:

Quote Originally Posted by Damienr8 View Post
    I agree with all your points to an extent, but I think the costs involved with weight saving compared to a turbo charged version of the V8 should be about the same. I would rather the car lose 150kg than have the enginer turbocharged with 50 extra hp, easily. :cool2:

I am not trying to pick sides here but to drop 150kgs in any car costs big bucks, especially in luxury cars like the RS6. We all want the thing to perform, to handle, to stop but don't expect us to do without or luxuries and that is the bottom line, to make a car lighter on the cheap you need to get rid of the luxury items which none of us will do.

So how else do you go about it, well lighter alloys are a go start but these cost on average an extra £1500, ceramic brakes are good but again the cost is over £5000, then there is the alloy or carbon panels, if you think about the price difference between the CSL compared to the ordinary M3 or the M6 compared to the M5 you will see this also is a no goer.

Well it looks like we are back to the increasing power idea after all.
    Search and you will find the truth.

RS6 could use different carbon fiber materials for lowering the weight for the RS6 as had been told by my dealer so RS6 will loose weight for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I am not trying to pick sides here but to drop 150kgs in any car costs big bucks, especially in luxury cars like the RS6. We all want the thing to perform, to handle, to stop but don't expect us to do without or luxuries and that is the bottom line, to make a car lighter on the cheap you need to get rid of the luxury items which none of us will do.

So how else do you go about it, well lighter alloys are a go start but these cost on average an extra £1500, ceramic brakes are good but again the cost is over £5000, then there is the alloy or carbon panels, if you think about the price difference between the CSL compared to the ordinary M3 or the M6 compared to the M5 you will see this also is a no goer.

Well it looks like we are back to the increasing power idea after all.
    Im still a no go for the power increase...I am sure they can come up with better ways to reduce weight while keeping the costs the same / slightly higher.

higher power increase and lower weight that's how it gonna be...prepare yourselfs for the ultimate driving sportscars...

Why does the M6 cost more in Russia than the R8?
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

Quote Originally Posted by Audiphile View Post
    Why does the M6 cost more in Russia than the R8?
    Maybe BMW are rated more highly and as such command a higher ticket price.
    Search and you will find the truth.

actually this prices ar for greece, this version of EVO is Greek... and, audi is one of the highest rated cars in russia, more than BMW and even Merc..
    Maybe BMW is better than Mercedes or Mercedes is better than BMW but there is one car which better then both of them together... 25 years quattro..AUDI

past: Nissan Micra K11 1.3 16 valve;
    BMW 325 1995 192hp(stock) Chip tuning up to 207hp.
    Present: Audi A4 2.8L V6 237hp (intercooling system, injection, chip tuning)

"A new dawn starts today."

Just been reading the magazine. It takes some time for it to come over the water... Awesome review. EVO is like nothing else when it comes to carmagazines.

If anybody hasn't read it yet I can try to upload it here if there is any interest?

Dude just upload it already!!!
    2007 RS4 Avant | Misano | Black Optics | SS+
    2001 S3 | Ebony