Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EVO - R8 Vs M6, C4S, AM V8 Prodrive....

EVO - R8 Vs M6, C4S, AM V8 Prodrive....

Hey guys,

Been a while since my last post...have been in Miami. Great place....;-)

Anyway, latest issue of EVO has the test results and track time of the R8...

Shocking! would be a word to describe......

SHOCKINGLY AMAZINGLY GOOD THAT IS!!!

Taz

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    B7 Audi RS4 Avant - Phantom Black
    B6 Audi A4 3.0 Sport Quattro Convertible - Volcano Black
    B5 Audi A4 1.9 TDI SE Saloon - Hibiscus Red
    Seat Leon 1.6 SE - Bilberry Red
    Porsche 996 Carrera - Arctic Silver

can you post the track times of that cars? and which is best by EVO?
    Maybe BMW is better than Mercedes or Mercedes is better than BMW but there is one car which better then both of them together... 25 years quattro..AUDI

past: Nissan Micra K11 1.3 16 valve;
    BMW 325 1995 192hp(stock) Chip tuning up to 207hp.
    Present: Audi A4 2.8L V6 237hp (intercooling system, injection, chip tuning)

I'm at work at the moment, havn't got EVO on me.

But lets just say it beat the GT3, Gallardo and the Koenigsegg (spelling ?) by some margin!

And it was picked first out of the group comparison. Note - C4S had the optional power pack too.

Taz
    Last edited by tazsura; May 30th, 2007 at 12:12.

Maybe BMW is better than Mercedes or Mercedes is better than BMW but there is one car which better then both of them together... 25 years quattro..AUDI

The times, NOW!

Audi really has created something special. I bet there is some serious headache at BMW camp right now!

come one guys! this is THE test i've been waiting for! i'll be running out to the bookstore this afternoon and post if no one beats me to it. i just hope they have it. i'm on the other side of the pond.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Im at work guys! Sorry!

If it ain't posted by the time I get home...i'll post!!

It's defo worth the wait though! BELIEVE ME!!!!

Taz

I must say I am looking forward to tomorrow when EVO finally hits the street for sales over here, it's the only UK magazine that in my opinion isn't as bias to certain brand names as some others are that I won't care to mention. If they say an Audi ain't that great then chances are it isn't because they see the bigger picture that you are not always driving flat open and living with the thing is just as important.

So if they say the R8 is better than it's rivals then I believe them, but then again I would.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Audi R8 v BMW M6 v Porsche 911 C4S v Prodrive V8 Vantage
    This is quite possibly 2007’s most important group test. Of course, you think you know which one wins already, don’t you? This is good old, rear-engined evo after all. Well, the victor certainly comes from a company with great standing at Le Mans. And yes, it’s a German manufacturer on top of the podium. It’s got four-wheel drive too. All of which means it’s probably not the Aston…

this was written on EVO website....

i hear the p car had the X50 package----------- wonderful!!!!!!!!!! and the vantage the prodrive pack. and then the ugly M6 i hate so much. i've been DREAMING of this one guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Incredible result from Audi, well done, does it mean that V10 will be even faster?
    from RUS with love :)
    12 R8 Plus; 14 Toyota LC200 Diesel; 06 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C Type RA; 09 BMW X5M SOLD; 01 Black Mercedes G500 SOLD; 00 Silver TTC Quattro SOLD; 02 RS6 - 530 hp SOLD

M6 really sucks on design and performance figures...and R8 did the best and kicked him off

sorry guys. not available at local borders bookstore. can someone please post the data? you euro peeps- it ain't hard to stop by the tobaconist's, buy the darn thing, and run home to post the info before its bed time for you over there.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

0-100mph: 10.4s

Bedford West Circuit: 1.22,1min

For comparison...
    F430F1 1.24,2min
    Porsche 997 Turbo 1.23,55min
    Porsche 997 GT3 1.23,1min
    Ferrari 599GTB 1.23,1min
    Lamborghini Gallardo(520hp) 1.22,8min

Verdict: R8 is the sportscar with the best chassis currently on the market.

I will tell you what this result really means down the pub, finally we can shut-up the BMW M owners about Audi not being able to build an amazing drivers car that not only out handles all the competition but does so with up to 100hp less in some cases which is mind boggling. And remember this isn't a re-bodied Gallardo but a total redesign using the best technology available.

Now what we need to see in the future is the rest of the quattro range adopting a more rear bias power balance than is presently on offer, say 30/70 or even 25/75 which would still provide the grip Audi are famous for but also offer the kind of result that the R8 is now enjoying.

Anyway, bravo Audi.

M Power Sucks As I Told You So On Every Post I Had, So What Did Anyone Said About M6?better And Faster Than R8?)))dream On...audi Rocks...hmmm...580hp Rs6, 450hp Rs5, 480hp Rs4 (2009), Tt Rs 350-360hp...rs3 350hp....so Where Is Bmw Now?in The Trash Of Course Were It Will Remain For Long Time...bv R8

Quote Originally Posted by SuperstarDriver View Post
    M Power Sucks As I Told You So On Every Post I Had, So What Did Anyone Said About M6?better And Faster Than R8?)))dream On...audi Rocks...hmmm...580hp Rs6, 450hp Rs5, 480hp Rs4 (2009), Tt Rs 350-360hp...rs3 350hp....so Where Is Bmw Now?in The Trash Of Course Were It Will Remain For Long Time...bv R8
    Are you sure that Audi will give the RS4 more power than the RS5 as this would surely go against what it normal in the industry. The coupe should at least be the same if not more than the saloon, unless Audi are going to up the power of the RS5 when the RS4 finally hits the street but if this was the case and I had bought a RS5 before this I for one would be very angry.

As for the TT/RS and RS3, Hans is under the impression that Audi might not develop these cars as it would be stretching Quattro GmbH production too far, they could cope with possibly 3~4 cars at any one time but not possibly 6~7 if you include the RS8.

What does anyone else think on this matter?

I agree, I doubt the RS5 will have less power than the new RS4. I think/hope Audi has more respect for it's customers than to change the RS5 power only a few years into it's cycle. Do we know which engine the RS5 will have yet? V10 like the EVO hack suggested? Or the more likely V8?

LOL..much to suprise of Autocar (when reporting on the RS6, they suggested that Audi will only produce one RS model at a time!), I think that 4 RS model lines at one time would be the limit of Quattro Gmbh.

I very much doubt an RS3. 90% sure this won't happen. With regards to a TT RS, i think there will be a lighter-weight version with a slight power hike, but it will probably not get the RS moniker.

Just my two cents!

Taz