Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A glut of RS6's for sale

I bought mine on eBay in January for $40K via 'make offer'. High miles at 56k but excellent condition and had the options I wanted (SE exhaust, solar roof). I noticed the same guys are selling a 30k example for $47K (or make offer) now.

Quote Originally Posted by ruxprncd View Post
    I bought mine on eBay in January for $40K via 'make offer'. High miles at 56k but excellent condition and had the options I wanted (SE exhaust, solar roof).
    Congratulations. Your sale backs-up what I'm saying that there are a lot for sale and that prices are very negotiable.
    I noticed the same guys are selling a 30k example for $47K (or make offer) now.
    You mean the black one in Houston? Is that where you got yours? This one's been relisted 5 times, each time with the 'but it now' lowered $1000.

Quote Originally Posted by emc2rs4 View Post
    This Imola Yellow ... the final price is $50099.00
    I was bidding on because of its rare color but it quickly out of my budget
    I really like this unique RS6 plus it has all options I want....
    CARFAX said this is a fleet car and being bought from auction.
    Actually this was relist becuz not sold on $54,990.
    Except I didn't win this car, what do you guys think about this yellow RS6?
    I also liked the car, the options and the color. Especially how the yellow set off the black interior. But it went too high for me as well. It had been refinished and the background was questionable. I would have bid $42K at the highest.

Quote Originally Posted by EATRICE View Post
    I also liked the car, the options and the color. Especially how the yellow set off the black interior. But it went too high for me as well. It had been refinished and the background was questionable. I would have bid $42K at the highest.
    we were on same battler field for this beauty
    me went up to around 47000

anyway, car has outstanding look but it has some mechanical service on Carfax.....

I was really want it because if I back to Taiwan for work, it will be the only one in TW. (ps. even RS6 Avant is quite popular in TW, but it's very rare to have sedan RS6 in TW.)
    PLUS , yellow looks younger .... though

Quote Originally Posted by emc2rs4 View Post
    what do you guys think about this yellow RS6?
    I personally don't like yellow on an RS6.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadShot View Post
    I think if nothing else the lower the miles the less it has been screwed, scraped and negelected.
    Or the longer it has sat in a body shop or a repair shop.

Well, I'm done looking, researching, evaluating and calculating. I'm now an excited and proud owner of the Goodwood Green RS6 previously owned by jmhm1967. It has a certified pre-owned warranty, warm weather package, sport exhaust, 29,800 miles, and original warranty through April '08.

I was debating between two equal cars, one red and one green. I told the dealer of the red car "I'm thinking about another one that's cheaper". He caved $2500. Then back to the other was "make me a deal and it's done". He went down $3100 and we agreed on a final price of $46,900.

The car's in Illinois and I'll need it shipped to Salt Lake. Any suggestions?

PS. Now that I'm an owner, I'm changing my username on this site to what's going to be on my plates, "BLITZEN" which means "To Lighten" or "To Flash". Hope you like it!

To all the new RS 6 owners out there...

Believe it or not, I have also debated selling my Beast. Thought about it... decided not to, just love it too much. I also only have 12 more payments and then it is mine... free and clear.

And I'm not a "Player" or "Big $$$".

This car will likely be in my stall for years and years to come. In fact, may give it to one of my kids one day. Of course, by then it will only be worth @ $15K so it won't be such a big deal if it gets dings and scratches on it.

To the new generation of FIRST GENERATION RS 6 owners, enjoy, this car is really wonderfull and this site is the absolute best, most informative you'll find for the Beast. To many happy miles.

Ben

**edit** just realized this is post number 6000!!! Can you tell I like this site.
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

I share Ben's enthusiasm! The RS6 is a wonderful car.
    Just passed 50K miles, looking forward many more happy miles!!

Jimmy S.

Eatrice..

If you can get the time off i would say fly out there and drive it back.
    I picked mine up in Denvor and drove back to LA. 2 days with the car of my dreams and the trip was amazing. It is the first time on alot of road and everything feels so wicked good.
    Out of all the road trips if had that was the best for the pure thrill of driving. Invest in a radar detector!!! well worth it.
    That trip to pick her up can never be repeated - now i'm used to mach two through the corners and blowing up Beamers and Mercs all day long.

The First time - always the best. Start off ownership the right way. LOL
    quality doesn't come in a twist off.

Hello! I'm new to the forum. I just bought that 33K mi black/black RS6 in Houston mentioned above and drove it home a couple weeks ago. I paid $46,500 (plus taxes, etc. & 4-yr/48k mi warranty). I had watched it for a a couple weeks and couldn't pass up that last reserve price! The car was inspected by two separate shops (one was my Audi dealer), and both said the car was immaculate. It had just had the 35k service w/new pads & rotors. Best deal I ever made! I've been lusting after the RS6 since it was first announced, and had always planned to get one when someone's lease came due. Got the green light from my wife a few months ago, and I found the perfect one for me. I didn't think that I'd get a deal that good, though. (I was also bidding on the Imola Yellow car, but it quickly escalated beyond what I was willing to pay.) I'm partial to the iridescent black on the RS6, anyway.

I'm really surprised that the RS6s dropped so much recently, though. I was looking at this time last year and they were all in the $65k range. I'm so glad I waited.

I agree with Headshot about the trip to pick up the car- the 750mi ride home clear across Texas was unbelievable. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much! What a car!

Hope to post more tech questions in the future.

Got a pm few days ago about imola yellow for sale.
    basically owner said he couldn't make it to the US this time and the car still store in dealer's.

however, got my beast already and will deliver to me pretty soon.

Thanks to all that have commented and for some reason, I have missed this thread until today and was compelled to comment.

I was stung by the RS6 bug about 2 years ago when I drove a Lemon Law one in San Diego (ebay car $47ką). I had never driven a car that fast or so surefooted ever!

Was cured for a while due to paying property tax in California.

I am back on the bug but must comment (finally, right?).

The major issue that stops me from snapping up a used RS6 is the DRC. I know that no vehicle comes with a guarantee, but the DRC would need to be problem free. It would have to be a CPO dealer car for me purchase it.

I think the glut of cars for sale is also due to the end of warranties and/or lease returns.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    The major issue that stops me from snapping up a used RS6 is the DRC. I know that no vehicle comes with a guarantee, but the DRC would need to be problem free. It would have to be a CPO dealer car for me purchase it.

I think the glut of cars for sale is also due to the end of warranties and/or lease returns.

Thanks
    Yes, as we've discussed, end of warranties, end of leases, new models, and other factors have most likely all contributed together to the abundance of vehicles for sale.

DRC seems to be one of, if not the most common problem among owners. However, my impression is that it is a relatively small percentage since Audi hasn't had a recall. There are 25 RS6's in my (Utah) region and apparently only 1 has ever had a shock replaced.

With the glut, you should be able to easily find cars with original warranties and certified warranties to cover this. Mine and emc2's factory warranties don't expire until April/May'08 and we are both covered another 2 years after that. Also, some owners cliam that you can replace the whole DRC system with aftermarket coil-overs of equal performance.

My son found this website and emailed me the link. I have an RS6 that I've decided to sell. I am the original owner, and bought it new in July or August of 2004, so it has a year plus on the factory warranty. It has 22,300 miles, new Pirelli PZero Rossos and has been trouble free. It's Daytona grey with silver interior, carbon trim, and sound enhancing exhaust. The car is mint, with the exception of a small crack in the plastic surrounding the rear license plate, which is unnoticable unless pointed out. There is a firm wholesale market from dealers in the Washington DC area at $42,000, with one Audi dealer offering $48,000 in the context of a trade on a fully priced Porsche, and a buyer in hand for the car. My sense is that it's worth a bit more, given the particulars, with honest (!) salesmen admitting there would be a better market for this car nationally than locally. I usually change cars every few years to keep things interesting (I'm one of those guys), and the biggest problem has been finding a car as compelling as the RS6. I don't think anyone would regret owning one of these cars.

DK - I can tell you, the most attractive thing about your car to a potential buyer is the late in service date of July'04.

This whole thread is about how many RS6's there are for sale currently. Thus, you need to set your car apart should you decide to sell. That's pretty low mileage, but there are quite a few with less. Grey is a common color. Carbon trim and upgraded exhaust are attractive, but I don't think those options sell a car. And finally, "Mint" is what's expected for any car purchase over $40,000. So IMHO, you should focus on the remaining factory warranty as your unique selling proposition.

That said, I strongly advise you to go in for the 25,000mi scheduled maintenance immediately if you're eligible! Because you have to wait 11 months between the scheduled services, that would give the new owner the ability to get the 35,000mi service done before the original manufacturer warranty expires. If not, that 35k service is at least $2500 because they change the timing chain, etc.

As a new owner who researched and watched dozens and dozens of cars, I would estimate yours would fetch $47K-$50K retail right now considering that it's not certified and doesn't carry any additional warranty. Good Luck!

Talking Follow Up

emc2 - Congratulations on your new red RS6!

Spidercat - Congratulations on your new black RS6!

And congratulations to me on my new Green RS6!

THREE PROUD NEW OWNERS - (Coincidentally, all cars have black interiors, warm weather package and sport exhausts. And all three of us bid on the yellow one that's now for sale again!)

Benman and DK - Did either of you decide to sell? Where are you listed?

Ben916 - Did you decide to buy? I would first check out Benman's and DK's cars!

Now who's going to be the next owner of the Yellow one!

Quote Originally Posted by EATRICE View Post
    emc2 - Congratulations on your new red RS6!

Spidercat - Congratulations on your new black RS6!

And congratulations to me on my new Green RS6!

THREE PROUD NEW OWNERS - (Coincidentally, all cars have black interiors, warm weather package and sport exhausts. And all three of us bid on the yellow one that's now for sale again!)

Benman and DK - Did either of you decide to sell? Where are you listed?

Ben916 - Did you decide to buy? I would first check out Benman's and DK's cars!

Now who's going to be the next owner of the Yellow one!

If Benman is selling, I might have to travel to LA/Orange to see/drool what he has in the garage.

I would not be able to purchase until finances/taxes clear up in January 08...